Fantasy Baseball??

Started by mother_earth, Mar 05, 2008, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

my one buddy is going to sign up. we still can have one or two more sign up, and my roommate would play if there's an odd number. we have all the bases covered. (pun intended)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jon T.

Is there an auto-draft deal for baseball?  If ya'll need an extra, I'll play.

.Walt

Quoteyou're right we can't have 9 or 11. what we could do, is keep it at eight, and add some more roster spots. my one buddy is in for sure, but my roommate doesn't care either way. he's on call if we need him. eighty dollars can still buy a good pair of tickets!!

but i'd still like to see another jacket fan in it!

I could possibly do it.  I have never done baseball though.  How involved is it.  I like football because you can read up on it all week but really only have to make changes once a week.  Is baseball something you have to keep up with every day- 162 times a year?

Walter can correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can make pitching changes a week in advance but position players can only be picked a day in advance.  We'd love to have ya, though.

its not like football. you have to do your roster daily. the thing is, you can work a head. there's a icon that indicates who's the starting pitcher for the day. it usually goes 4 days in advance. you can change your position players as far ahead as you would like.  long story short, you'd have to check your roster twice a week.

.Walt

QuoteIs there an auto-draft deal for baseball?  If ya'll need an extra, I'll play.

we're doing a live draft. it would draft for you (if you can't make it). it's probably not going to draft the players you like, but it wouldn't draft horse shit players for you either. but yeah, sign up. then i'll have my roommate play. that's 10, and that's a full league!  

Jon T.

I'm in.  This is perfect.  My interest in baseball has waned a little in the last few years and this is exactly what I need to get back in it.  Thanks.

.Walt

QuoteI'm in.  This is perfect.  My interest in baseball has waned a little in the last few years and this is exactly what I need to get back in it.  Thanks.

welcome!!

.Walt

what's everyones team?? just for the record...

my team:

my NL team is the brewers

aMD

I go for the Reds, but also the Diamondbacks because Brandon Webb is an old friend from high school.  Hence the name: the B-Webb machine.

Walt, make sure you're right about the number of folks.  I thought my buddy was number nine, making jon t number ten, and your roommate number 11, but I could be wrong.  

Glad you decided to sign up, Jon.  This is gonna be fun.

Jon T.

Thanks.  Looking forward to it.  I'm trying to read up on rules and just get an idea of how it works.  I'm not finding much on yahoo.  Any suggestions? Anyone?  Also, if there ends up an odd number of teams, I don't mind dropping out.

.Walt

QuoteI go for the Reds, but also the Diamondbacks because Brandon Webb is an old friend from high school.  Hence the name: the B-Webb machine.

Walt, make sure you're right about the number of folks.  I thought my buddy was number nine, making jon t number ten, and your roommate number 11, but I could be wrong.  

It's safe to say you'll be drafting B-Webb early?  ;) I have a high school friend that hit a homerun in his first at bat in a "big league" spring training game this year. he's in the minors with the dodgers . he was also drafted by the carolina hurricanes. i don't think he'll be breaking into the majors this year, but i'm wishing him the best.

i checked the number of teams. Your buddy made 7, Jon makes 8, my roomate and friend makes 9 & 10. so its full!!!

.Walt

Thanks.  Looking forward to it.  I'm trying to read up on rules and just get an idea of how it works.  I'm not finding much on yahoo.  Any suggestions? Anyone?  Also, if there ends up an odd number of teams, I don't mind dropping out.

do you have any questions about stats or anything? as far as suggestions, its not smart to draft a closer in the first 5 or so rounds. i don't want to give out too much, but i'll answer your questions if i can.

Jon T.

do you have any questions about stats or anything? as far as suggestions, its not smart to draft a closer in the first 5 or so rounds. i don't want to give out too much, but i'll answer your questions if i can.

Thanks.  I'm sure I'll have some.  I was wondering about stats but really just a general overview.   I understand fantasy sports, I've just never done baseball.  Is there some sort of guidelines on yahoo I can read?  I didn't see any.

.Walt

i changed some thing around. i got rid of some positions to make sure free agency is actually there. i added a two more categories. K's for batting, and L's for pitching. we needed loses, and i added K's just to even the categories between Pitchers and Hitters. if someone wants a different hitting stat, feel free to suggest.

one thing you should know, is there is a max on pick ups, $10 a team, and winner takes all. Coreys brother still hasn't cashed my check from football.

Jon T.

QuoteCoreys brother still hasn't cashed my check from football.

I still haven't sent him mine.  I don't feel quite as bad though since he hasn't cased yours.  I'll get it in the mail one of these days...

Jon T.

Okay, I found the settings page.  I assume SP is starting pithcer and RP is relievers.  What is the difference in just the regular "P"?

aMD

QuoteOkay, I found the settings page.  I assume SP is starting pithcer and RP is relievers.  What is the difference in just the regular "P"?

My guess is "P" can be either a starter or a reliever.

aMD

I'm glad we're full and even.  And with a good amount of people I know in the league. I'm starting to get excited!

bowl of soup

I still haven't sent him mine.  I don't feel quite as bad though since he hasn't cased yours.  I'll get it in the mail one of these days...

I'm glad you guys are full so I don't feel compelled to play.  I play more fantasy sports than a sane person should play (I've played fantasy golf on 3 different occasions), but baseball turns into a JOB.  We were supposed to send $ for football???  Where?  
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Foxtrot76

so we're all good to go and ready for draft day? sweet! it's gonna be fun this year. I haven't done fantasy baseball in probably 4 or 5 years so it'll be nice to do it this year. My team is the Cubs. I actually caught a few spring training games out in Mesa this year. Think I'm gonna make it an annual trek to wipe off the winter cobwebs!  

Play ball! :)

aMD

I'm glad you guys are full so I don't feel compelled to play.  I play more fantasy sports than a sane person should play (I've played fantasy golf on 3 different occasions), but baseball turns into a JOB.  We were supposed to send $ for football???  Where?  

Some of us agreed to buy tickets for the new tour to the winner.  It was a very loose agreement.  I think everyone who agreed to that deal sent Chris 10 bucks.