Fantasy Baseball??

Started by mother_earth, Mar 05, 2008, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

QuoteCoreys brother still hasn't cashed my check from football.

I still haven't sent him mine.  I don't feel quite as bad though since he hasn't cased yours.  I'll get it in the mail one of these days...

I'm glad you guys are full so I don't feel compelled to play.  I play more fantasy sports than a sane person should play (I've played fantasy golf on 3 different occasions), but baseball turns into a JOB.  We were supposed to send $ for football???  Where?  

but fantasy football, like AMD said, it was a loose agreement. But for baseball it's understood that everyone will pay $10 to the winner of the playoffs...right?!! sorry if i'm beating a dead horse here, but i just want it to be clear of confusion.  
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jon T.

It was a loose bet and that's kind of why I've been lazy about geting to the post office.  But, I did agree and I will pay.
I'm definitely down with 10 for baseball and when I lose, I'll get my money in the post in a timely manner.  That being said, what do ya'll say about last placet getting their money back.   :-*

.Walt

QuoteIt was a loose bet and that's kind of why I've been lazy about geting to the post office.  But, I did agree and I will pay.
I'm definitely down with 10 for baseball and when I lose, I'll get my money in the post in a timely manner.  That being said, what do ya'll say about last placet getting their money back.   :-*

;D

my roommate is in. now i'm waiting for my friend, which i did have that talk with. then he started asking me smartass questions. like...what are you my mom? do we draft tonight?, no? i didn't think so!  ::)

Jon T.

QuoteIt was a loose bet and that's kind of why I've been lazy about geting to the post office.  But, I did agree and I will pay.

;D

my roommate is in. now i'm waiting for my friend, which i did have that talk with. then he started asking me smartass questions. like...what are you my mom? do we draft tonight?, no? i didn't think so!  ::)

Yup.  When you mix friends with fantasy things tend to get awkward.    ;D

.Walt

AMD that was ice cold what you did in fantasy basketball. i think you know what i mean!  ;)

and i'm not talking about finishing in first. which also is ice cold!...congrats!

aMD

hey picked him up when I dropped him so that's tit for tat, brother.  

I'm ready to beat your ass at some baseball, too!  ;)

.Walt

it ain't over till its over!! i'm going to make some noise in the playoffs!!!....i hope

aMD

.Walt

Quotewho's ready to draft?

oh you know it!! i just hope nobody takes my boys. but that's the thing about fantasy baseball, you actually can take the people you like a little early. with football, you pretty much have to take the highest ranked. baseball is special that way.

you doing a little scouting right now??

aMD

more just getting draft tips.

aMD

I REALLY like my team.  That probably means I'm gonna suck, but oh well.  

Play ball!

bearass

am i going up against anyone on here first game im why a big suit btw

.Walt

i like my team as well.   i'm just happy i got vlad, hamels, and harden. i assume that this is going to be the place for baseball talk, like football was.  

the tennessee fire - me
my roommate - austrikers
friend - vag discomfort
my brother - astrogliders

aMD

I really wanted Vlad and was definitely going to pick him next when you got him.

.Walt

yeah, i love vlad. i'm sure i've said this before, but vlad is my favorite position player. zito, santana, hamels, and maddux are my most loved pitchers.

did you see my squad? tigers are going to be my team this year.  :-/

aMD

so the max adds for the week: is those adds as in adding and dropping players or as in adding players you already have into the lineup?

.Walt

its adding/dropping players. although if you want to make a statement and just drop a player....it won't count.

.Walt

hey, i've noticed something.

i think some of you guys are not using the DL spot when you could've, or maybe you don't know about it. everybody has 3 DL spots. (look at my roster). if a person is in your DL spot, you can add another player.

if you knew about the DL, sorry, but i'm just making sure people know what's going on. baseball isn't so cut and dry like other fantasy sports. if you have any other questions, please ask...it's still early...

aMD

thanks for pointing that out.  I do have a few questions:

What happens when a player I moved to a DL spot comes off the DL?  Do I have to cut someone? does the computer cut someone for me? or can I leave him there until i want him?

How does this weekly update thing work again?  It seems like I can set my roster well in advance?  are those changes going to disappear after a week?  How do I ensure that my roster is set? how long in advance can i set it?

thanks again, walt.

.Walt

Quotethanks for pointing that out.  I do have a few questions:

What happens when a player I moved to a DL spot comes off the DL?  Do I have to cut someone? does the computer cut someone for me? or can I leave him there until i want him?

How does this weekly update thing work again?  It seems like I can set my roster well in advance?  are those changes going to disappear after a week?  How do I ensure that my roster is set? how long in advance can i set it?

thanks again, walt.

when a person comes off the DL in real life, that doesn't mean you have to take your guy off the DL. BUT you can't pick anyone up if they're still on there.  (there will be a message, that will stop you) the computer doesn't cut anyone, but you'll eventually have to.

you can do your roster in advance. BUT make sure to keep a eye on starting pitchers.  if you change your roster and save it, everything should be alright. (i use classic style, i find it simpler)  you can set your roster as far ahead as you want it, but again, starting pitching is the really only concern. have you noticed the icon by probably starters? i usually do my roster as far as the icons are still there. that's i think either 4 to 5 days in advance. i rarely even have to change my position players.