And the winner is...

Started by MMJ_fanatic, May 15, 2008, 02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

I finally decided how I am going to go high definition with DVD playback:  I purchased an 80 GB Playstation 3 through Ebid for a sweet deal--it includes and extra controller, a HDMI cable, an extra game, a Blu-ray remote, and four Blu-ray DVDs.  All the reviews I've read on Blu-ray players rate the PS 3 highest in all categories (doesn't hurt that I like to game too) so I chose this format and tracked down the 80 GB type because it has the largest original equipment hard drive and backwards compatibility with the PS 2 (and possibly PS 1?) games.  I'm now on my way to exploring new frontiers with my 50" Samsung--psyched!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Ghosts_on_TV

Good thing as they stopped making HD DVD's after I am Legend.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Angry Ewok

If you don't mind me asking, how much did that bundle set you back? I've been looking for a sweetened deal before I get a PS3. I'm very reluctant to pull the trigger.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteIf you don't mind me asking, how much did that bundle set you back? I've been looking for a sweetened deal before I get a PS3. I'm very reluctant to pull the trigger.

The total was $450.00--I totaled up the extras he threw in and figure the PS 3/Motorstorm game bundle ended up costing me $230.00.  Watch Ebid or Ebay--you can probably find something close to what I scored.  I was really surprised nobody else moved on this one especially since he included the HDMI cable and Blu-ray remote.  I can't figure out why SOny pulled the 80 GB and 60 GB units other than maybe they wanted to flood the market with a low cost alternative (the current crappy 40 GB model) to pump up their market share.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

sweatboard

I'm so glad Blue-Ray won out over HD.  I've been telling my wife how awesome it would be to have a Blue-Ray DVD player, and GUESS WHAT  :) the Playstation 3 is a Blue-Ray DVD player, can you believe that honey?  It's almost like buying a dvd player that you can also play games on.  I mean when our friends bring their kids over they'll have something to do.  ;)
There's Still Time.........

mjkoehler

QuoteI'm so glad Blue-Ray won out over HD.  I've been telling my wife how awesome it would be to have a Blue-Ray DVD player, and GUESS WHAT  :) the Playstation 3 is a Blue-Ray DVD player, can you believe that honey?  It's almost like buying a dvd player that you can also play games on.  I mean when our friends bring their kids over they'll have something to do.  ;)
Yeah, good luck with that one B.  ;D

sweatboard

Yeah, I think she's onto me.   I'm watching that Black Mt. show on Pitchfork TV right now... :o :o :o :o :o
There's Still Time.........