Election 2008: Isn't it funny?

Started by ycartrob, May 26, 2008, 05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

I am neither a democrat nor a republican.

But, isn't it funny how the dems went after Bush's military record in 2004 (and the reps countered against Kerry with the swift boat guys), but this year, the dems won't dare talk about military experience running against McCain?

Isn't it funny (and by funny, I mean ridiculously sad and insulting to all Americans with a brain) how each party just sort of checks which way the wind is blowing before going on the attack and stepping up for their "values"?

Angry Ewok

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

The DARK

McCain's weathered just about everything. The only thing that Obama can really attack are his policies. And McCain won't lower himself to a personal slugfest. I respect both candidates. America has good options this year.
In another time, in another place, in another face

sweatboard

QuoteI am neither a democrat nor a republican.

But, isn't it funny how the dems went after Bush's military record in 2004 (and the reps countered against Kerry with the swift boat guys), but this year, the dems won't dare talk about military experience running against McCain?

Isn't it funny (and by funny, I mean ridiculously sad and insulting to all Americans with a brain) how each party just sort of checks which way the wind is blowing before going on the attack and stepping up for their "values"?

No one REALLY gives a shit as long as we are doing fairly well AT HOME/TODAY....our foreign policy and foreign relations have gone right down the drain, it will bite us in the ass, but not today, just like the oil problem, the environmental problem, etc. etc.  No one has any concern for the future as long as they can win today.....meanwhile things continue to get bleaker and bleaker for our future as a Nation.  When the majority of people realize it's time to make some serious change it will be much too late.  

There's Still Time.........

Love Dogg

I haven't had enough to drink to talk politics.  Maybe we should talk about abortion or religion or something simple.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."