Exchange Student.

Started by Paauwe, May 10, 2008, 12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilPaauwe

I couldn't possibly be any happier.

A few months ago i went through a long and grueling process of filling out applications and going to interviews because i was applying for a scholarship to live in Germany for a whole year as an exchange student.
    I wanted it bad.  I lived in germany for a month and fell in love with the language and the country.
     I felt very good with my odds. Too good. 200 kids apply, 50 receive the scholarship. I had an upper hand because i had previous exchange student expirience. And it all felt so right. I became ahead of myself. My mind was in Germany while i was still here.
   About two months i received a letter stating i hadnt gotten accepted.    That bummed me out bigtime. Crushed. Demoralized. It was my fault though.   The letter i received stated that i was one of 15 kids who could possibly go in the sted of other kids who decide to drop out and not go. They claimed a bundle of kids drop out each year.    Leaving me around a 6-8% chance.     I said fuck it and moved on. I came to terms with not going and was over it.
     Today i get home after an exhausting day. I took my AP history exam which was the hardest test i've ever taken.  Work was horrible. Im a busboy and its a strenuous job.    
     I get home.     Theres a message on the answering machine.  I have been chosen to go in the sted of a kid who dropped out.   This has made my week.   
    Look out patches!!

cheers.

tenn

Herzlichen Glückwunsch!

SMc55

That's excellent news! I'm really happy for you.

red

Congrats Paauwe, that's awesome!

whyteand82nd

4 Fav. bands: My morning Jacket
The Shins
Modest Mouse
The Mars Volta

evilPaauwe

QuoteAP US history exam??

yes, AP us history exam
cheers.

whyteand82nd

yea, i took that...ha not so much fun.

How do you think you did?
4 Fav. bands: My morning Jacket
The Shins
Modest Mouse
The Mars Volta

ycartrob

so, who are we getting for exchange for you?

Tree

hehe that's great!  :)
Where are you going to stay?

lessintent

that's totally awesome.  have a good time over there