Gasoline Prices

Started by primushead, Jun 06, 2008, 05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killgies

Maybe we should thank China for some of the higher gas prices!?
As Richard Nixon stated, "Be careful what you wish for". Concerning turning China into a Democracy
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

capt. scotty

Maybe we should thank Georgie's 600$ tax refund...I knew that was too good to be true
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

CC

Quote$9/gallon in amsterdam  :-/

And we're bitching. Sheesh. THat said though, it seems, to me at least, that mass transit in Europe is leaps and bounds more sufficient than here in America. At least in the shithole town that I live in. I have to drive everywhere.

Public transport is indeed all over the place and perfect to get around town but if you wanna take a train to the next town you end up paying even more than driving by car and it takes twice as long. That's fucked up and why most people still take their car to get around. They should make public transportation free everywhere. I'd sell my car in a heartbeat.

getinthevan

1998 Chevy Tracker with 238,900 miles and counting.

This morning I filled up for $3.96/gallon but all the other gas stations in town were $4.07/gallon.  

Last time I did the math, half my paycheck every week went into my gas tank.  I think I'm spending a little less now that I don't have to drive to school 3-4 days a week.  

It really killed my summer travel plans.  I haven't been able to save much money and I don't want to spend all my money on gas.  There's no point in going somewhere if I can't afford to do anything once I get there.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

courtlandfoster

$3.89 here in western Kentucky.
It dropped down to $3.79 for a day...took advantage of that.
I drive a '98 Dodge Neon so gas mileage is pretty good...but the prices still suck.

Elizanne33

It's $4.35 a gallon at the cheapest station where I live. The gas price went up 21 cents from the last time I filled up my car, which is about a week ago. I heard it's going up to $5 soon. I have to commute to work, but around town I'm going to start walking or riding a bike.

thatswhatshesaid

$3.99 in Dayton, Ohio. I drive a 1996 Chevy S-10 with the 4.3L. it has around 207,000 miles on it and gets around 22 mpg. last time i filled up, it took close to $75.

would someone please make a solar powered car? please?

i am tired of being lied to by these oil companies and the market. i wish they would just say," we are going to gouge the hell out of you consumers because we can." instead of trying to insult my intelligence. i guess as long as the CEO's can afford gas, that's all that matters.

MarkW

Hmmm - UK prices a bit higher than the USA:

1 litre = 1.17 GBP

1 GBP = 1.97 USD

US Gallon = 3.78 litres

Soooo, I paid 7.45 US dollars for a US gallon last time I filled up.

I drive a largish Volvo.  Cost me a little under 150 US to fill it up on Thursday. >:(
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

tbw

QuoteHmmm - UK prices a bit higher than the USA:

1 litre = 1.17 GBP

1 GBP = 1.97 USD

US Gallon = 3.78 litres

Soooo, I paid 7.45 US dollars for a US gallon last time I filled up.

I drive a largish Volvo.  Cost me a little under 150 US to fill it up on Thursday.  >:(

DANG! I guess you ride your bike a bit? and here I thought $4.19 was too much!

MarkW

QuoteDANG! I guess you ride your bike a bit? and here I thought $4.19 was too much!

I've got a Vespa, and a bicycle, but can't use them for my 45 mile commute.  Nor is there any public transport.  Nope.  I just get to spend $150 every week on petrol for my commute.  :(
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

jeffro79

Quote$3.99 in Dayton, Ohio. I drive a 1996 Chevy S-10 with the 4.3L. it has around 207,000 miles on it and gets around 22 mpg. last time i filled up, it took close to $75.

Not only do I also live in Dayton, OH, I also drive a '96 S-10. Mine only has 193,000 miles :). Crazy.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

thatswhatshesaid

Quote$3.99 in Dayton, Ohio. I drive a 1996 Chevy S-10 with the 4.3L. it has around 207,000 miles on it and gets around 22 mpg. last time i filled up, it took close to $75.

Not only do I also live in Dayton, OH, I also drive a '96 S-10. Mine only has 193,000 miles :). Crazy.
that is pretty strange. i will have to say that "i'm amazed" at how well those S-10s hold up. is yours 4 wheel drive?

jeffro79

that is pretty strange. i will have to say that "i'm amazed" at how well those S-10s hold up. is yours 4 wheel drive?
No 4-wheel drive.
i kinda think right now is a pretty good time to just sit down and sing people some mother-fuckin songs

thatswhatshesaid

No 4-wheel drive.
so you haven't had the pleasure of replacing your ball joints once a year?

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary