Fantasy Football (NFL)

Started by aMD, Aug 19, 2007, 08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

Yeah, the Steelers made up some points for me as well. That was nice.

And I'll be god-damned if I don't have the worst luck about picking which QB to start. Since I had Rivers on the bench, of course he's having a fantastic game throwing the ball all over the field with several TDs.

aMD

i thought you were going to start rivers. i had a feeling the chargers were going to bounce back this week, mainly because I have a lot of broncos.  i've got to stop staring at statracker and wishing i would have started keith!

corey

Well, Rivers has been pretty inconsistent and, on the weeks that he's been poor, Roethlisberger has had better fantasy points... so I've struggled with this decision every week. And every week I feel like it's bit me on the ass.

aMD

[size=16]Look who's in first place!  [/size] 8-)   :P

I didn't think that was going to happen on the bengals bye week!  My team in the other league doesn't look so hot, but it's early yet and I would've won if i had started kenton keith.  >:( oh well, you live you learn.

Thanks to True for handing Jon T. his first loss.

I've got bama next week, which may complicate the trade we were talking about making.  :-/

knotcameloose

We've got a Lee Evans vs. Witten battle in the first league tonight.

Lee needs to make up four points to tie.

It's a long shot, but we'll see how he does against the Cowboys secondary.

ManNamedTruth

Quote[size=16]Look who's in first place!  [/size] 8-)   :P

I didn't think that was going to happen on the bengals bye week!  My team in the other league doesn't look so hot, but it's early yet and I would've won if i had started kenton keith.  >:( oh well, you live you learn.

Thanks to True for handing Jon T. his first loss.

I've got bama next week, which may complicate the trade we were talking about making.  :-/

And i still have Romo who i expect will torch the Bills tonight.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

QuoteWe've got a Lee Evans vs. Witten battle in the first league tonight.

Lee needs to make up four points to tie.

It's a long shot, but we'll see how he does against the Cowboys secondary.

i was thinking about picking up Davenport, but you beat me to it!

.Walt

Quotegood luck everyone! thanks again for letting LJ slip.

remember when i said that??

[size=10]WOW WAS THAT STUPID!![/size]
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

corey

QuoteWe've got a Lee Evans vs. Witten battle in the first league tonight.

Should be fun to watch. I'm pretty sure Witten's gonna come out on top. Go me!

Fuck you, Chris, for picking up the Titans defense!  :)  

aMD

wow, true.  you've really turned it on since I kicked your sorry ass.  player of the week two weeks in a row.  probably three in a row since you have red who has four empty slots this week and doesn't seem to be filling any empty slots these days.

there's a lot of people sitting at 3-2.  Should we call this separation sunday?

i hope rudi's back this week.

ManNamedTruth

Quotewow, true.  you've really turned it on since I kicked your sorry ass.  player of the week two weeks in a row.  probably three in a row since you have red who has four empty slots this week and doesn't seem to be filling any empty slots these days.

amd, i did have the second highest point total that week that you beat me, which is pretty good except you had the highest. i put a reminder in for red to fill in his empty slots for this week. red, you out there??

aMD

hey walt, do you know that vick's dog pound guy from the other league?  how about austriker's?  dude's got 5 QBs including Mike Vick!  :o  other duder's kicking our asses, though he didn't quite have my number  8-)

aMD

Quotewow, true.  you've really turned it on since I kicked your sorry ass.  player of the week two weeks in a row.  probably three in a row since you have red who has four empty slots this week and doesn't seem to be filling any empty slots these days.

amd, i did have the second highest point total that week that you beat me, which is pretty good except you had the highest. i put a reminder in for red to fill in his empty slots for this week. red, you out there??

yeah, i know. lesson: you're good, but not good enough to beat me.  8-)  

;)

RED, where are you?  You were kicking our asses.  you thinking you're team's good enough to win without you?

knotcameloose

;D

Crucial juncture in the season.  Can the mediocre teams make a push?  Can the top dogs hold on?  We will see.

corey

That's very Sportscenter of you to say.

:D

red

QuoteRED, where are you?  You were kicking our asses.  you thinking you're team's good enough to win without you?
I forgot to make changes last week, and it cost me a win.  I thought I'd kick mucho ass this week, made a few a shifts, to no avail.  

:-/

.Walt

Quotehey walt, do you know that vick's dog pound guy from the other league?  how about austriker's?  dude's got 5 QBs including Mike Vick!  :o  other duder's kicking our asses, though he didn't quite have my number  8-)

vicks dogs is a buddy. he called me up yesterday saying we played. then i said, how'd you know that you didn't even do your roster. i hate losing to people who don't do their roster.

austriker is my roommate.

aMD

do you all fight dogs?  what's with all the vick love? and the 5 qbs?  anyway, make sure they know i hate them!  ;)

bama37

that's right, i have brodie croyle and kenneth darby on my team! brodie's gonna get his first start and darby is second string(now that pittman went down for the year).  championship!!! he he!!! :)

.Walt

okay "great fantasy minds" i have a deal thats working out in my "money" league.

i'm getting rid of Carson Palmer, Larry Johnson, and Eagles D.  i would be getting Micheal Turner, LT, and Javon Walker??

i will be replacing Carson with either Hasselback or Young. both had a bad game last week, but Carson really hasn't done much since week 2. so i'm not losing too much at QB. even though i love Carson, AMD knows that, so its going to hard.