The "I'm at work, but not working" thread

Started by red, May 18, 2007, 01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bug

My work load seems to have doubled in the past few weeks yet I still feel the need to screw around on the internet because if I don't let the extra work pile up a little bit they may think I need more work all the time!  
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

red

Guess who's boss is away for the rest of the week?!  Oh man, I'm going to slack off so much.  :D

fitzcarraldo

I just can't seem to concentrate today, or yesterday. And probably not tomorrow either.  ::) Think I'll take a walk and pick up Icky Thump.

red

That's actually what I'm just listening to right now.  I'm really loving it.  Not too sure why I'm on the net, I've got a sizeable workload for this week.

fitzcarraldo

colleen

QuoteI just can't seem to concentrate today, or yesterday. And probably not tomorrow either.  ::)

I hear you.  :)
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

red

Yeah, this week was a total write-off, especially today.   ;D

mjkoehler

Quote;D
when you sign out, does that mean, that your boss just walked in?
Usually means I hear footsteps coming my way and pretend to look busy.   :D

;D niiice. you  gotta be prepared at all time.
In this day and age PCs should all really come with a 'boss button'
That's gotta be as important as the @ mark.
You just hit one key & this kinda thing pops up on the screen:

Shit, this actually looks like the reports that I run on a daily basis. ugh.

Sleazy Rider

Me posting here could finally convince my boss that I don't need to get here at 5:30 AM
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

megisnotreal

i got called in today.
:(

i am putting everything in automation and leaving this mother in about 15, so it's ok.

red

Good morning!  At this moment, the At Dawn/Tennesse Fire Demos Package and my cup of coffee are the only things keeping me awake.

megisnotreal

somedays, i really don't want to be here. like, i would have taken a sick day today if i had the privilidge of a sick day. blaaaaahasdfjkl;.

red

Man alive, I haven't worked a full Saturday in a few months, today's going to be rough.  Just one other person besides myself here today, we spend the first 45 minutes on the clock having coffee and now I've retired to my office to try do some catch-up/surf the net.   ;D

Sleazy Rider

I'm with you bro. I got the next 2 saturdays but 2 weeks vacation after that. Lollapalooza here we come!
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

red

QuoteI'm with you bro. I got the next 2 saturdays but 2 weeks vacation after that. Lollapalooza here we come!
Bad-ass!  

Myself, I've got two more weeks (sans Saturdays!) then one week off.  Toronto and Montreal here I come!

Sleazy Rider

Killer! I always have to remind myself that work can't be that bad if I can do this most of the day. Also being in the gaming industry there's always that element of "fun".
I can bullshit with guests and whatnot, I don't have to put my serious face on to much.

vespachick

I'm REALLY busy today at work.  (Busy working on my avatar..)
[/img]
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

red

I haven't accomplished a single thing as of yet this morning, and it'll soon be coffee time!  

::)  :-/  8-)

MarkW

Working is losing.  At least tomorrow is my last day for two weeks.  I love vacayshunzzz
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjkoehler

I am having to run some seriously long reports. Thankfully they are taking their sweet ass time in running so I can kick back and listen to some tunage today. Running their the entire Okkervil River and The National catalogs.....and sneaking out periodically to walk around the campus here to enjoys the glorious low 80's fall temps.