issues seeing video's on the new yabb

Started by the_wizzard, Jul 06, 2008, 03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_wizzard

So bbill acknowledged my issue in seeing videos on the site.  I have been a mac user only for the last year, and admit that I have much to learn.  But my problem is this, you all are posting funny ha-ha's in video format that I cannot access.  All I see is a blue lego with a white question mark laughing at my futile attempts to join in the jokes......I have downloaded the most recent edition of realplayer...so could someone be so kind as to help me out?

Kory

you need to update your flash player... the lego should take you to the website to do that but if not, I think you need to go to macromedia flash player. I'd let google have the honors of finding that site for you.
That should do it. Can you view YouTube videos? If not, updating your flash player should fix a lot of legos around the internet for you.

All that aside, how's it been wizzy?
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

getinthevan

I have the same problem.  I can see everything everywhere else just fine, but videos here are blue legos.  I'm wondering if maybe it's Safari.  What browser are you using?
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Coltrane

yeah. might be safari. i have a mac, but i'm using the latest Firefox and i see all the vids just fine!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

pawpaw

Ha, thanks for bringing this up wizz, I'd forgotten where I'd posted the question originally, so I didn't know if anyone had answered. I'm a mac novice too...

Thanks Kory and Coltrane for the tips!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

ManNamedTruth

I had this same problem. Safari doesn't seem to work, even with updates. Firefox is the only thing thats worked.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

the_wizzard

QuoteI had this same problem. Safari doesn't seem to work, even with updates. Firefox is the only thing thats worked.
Thanks for the help everyone, turned out to be a firefox vs. safari issue after all!

the_wizzard

All that aside, how's it been wizzy?

All is well 'round these parts!  Thanks for asking....
how 'bout you?

tomEisenbraun

Definitely. I switched back to Safari for a little while when they released 3.0, but issues like those made it just not worth leaving firefox behind for. And now with Firefox 3, the damn thing's unstoppable.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

tomEisenbraun

Also, I forget who mentioned it earlier (Vespa, I think?) but switching to Firefox should clear up your photobucket problems as well.

getinthevan

My problem is that Safari knows all the websites I go to.  We have a close working relationship and I don't feel like starting all over with Firefox.  My problems with Safari have been minimal so I'm in no rush to make the switch.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteMy problem is that Safari knows all the websites I go to.  We have a close working relationship and I don't feel like starting all over with Firefox.  My problems with Safari have been minimal so I'm in no rush to make the switch.

when i downloaded firefox all the bookmarked pages from safari just automatically showed up on firefox. thats what i love about macs, everything is so easy and it just automatically does stuff like that. i like to use both browsers. haven't dowbloaded the new firefox yet, think i will tonight.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

getinthevan

QuoteMy problem is that Safari knows all the websites I go to.  We have a close working relationship and I don't feel like starting all over with Firefox.  My problems with Safari have been minimal so I'm in no rush to make the switch.

when i downloaded firefox all the bookmarked pages from safari just automatically showed up on firefox. thats what i love about macs, everything is so easy and it just automatically does stuff like that. i like to use both browsers. haven't dowbloaded the new firefox yet, think i will tonight.

Maybe I'll download that.  I know that it definitely did not do that when I downloaded the last one.  

tomEisenbraun

Yeah, they have a really good bookmarks/history importer for Firefox when you download it. I think you can have everything that Safari knows imported between the two. Only trouble I've ever had was when I downloaded a beta of Firefox 3 while using Firefox 2 and accidentally overwrote my Firefox 2 folder that had all my content in it. Still had older bookmarks and stuff from Safari that I'd recently switched from, so I just had to manually import and add the couple that got lost in the switch, but it's really not that much of a pain in the neck.

If something happens weird for you, just post and I'll do my best to help guide you through it. It should be relatively simple though, as they've designed it quite intuitively.