I don't usually do this...

Started by Jenny, Jan 16, 2008, 08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenny

[size=14]BUT CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT HOW F*CKING AWESOME THE NEW BATMAN LOOKS?[/size]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WaIR9dAZRR0&feature=related

I SIMPLY CANNOT WAIT.

ok thanks bye.

dragonboy

There's been a lot of talk about Dark Knight here over the last couple of months, it does indeed look excellent!
Still not sure about Heath Ledger's Joker but Christian Bale is one of my fav actors & Batman Begins was hands down the best comic adaptation of recent years, if not the best ever.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

The DARK

Yup. Me likes this trailer.  :)
In another time, in another place, in another face

Angry Ewok

You guys should check out the original Dark Knight Returns comic series... beautiful work.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

mjkoehler

QuoteYou guys should check out the original Dark Knight Returns comic series... beautiful work.
Still one of the greatest comics written. I still get chills reading it

dragonboy

QuoteYou guys should check out the original Dark Knight Returns comic series... beautiful work.
Definitely! I should be pointed out to those who don't know though, that the story in these comics is completely different to the upcoming movie.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Taterbug

I sell steel to the movie industry in chicago, We sold all the steel for the dark night filmed at chicago city studios, The owner of our company got to take his grandson to the set and they ley him sit on the bat cycle. The cycle is un-friggin believable. We also got to meet Christian Bale and Morgan Freeman, both men very nice and down to earth. This  movie is going to be the best of them all in my eyes.  
We also did a movie called Eagle Eye with Shia Lebeouf that was filmed in the chicago area.  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

dragonboy

Here's some interesting news, regarding Dark Knight (spoilers! don't read if you want to see the movie blind): http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35878

Jenny

I JUST PICKED UP MY ADVANCE TICKETS! AH HAHAHAHHAHAA

saturdaysaturdaysaturday

getinthevan

QuoteI JUST PICKED UP MY ADVANCE TICKETS! AH HAHAHAHHAHAA

Me too!  Only 27 more hours...  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

capt. scotty

QuoteThere's been a lot of talk about Dark Knight here over the last couple of months, it does indeed look excellent!
Still not sure about Heath Ledger's Joker but Christian Bale is one of my fav actors & Batman Begins was hands down the best comic adaptation of recent years, if not the best ever.

Id go as far to say best comic/superhero adaptation hero

Im not worried about Ledger's performance either. He was a very good actor, and if he actually spent a month in a hotel to perfect the role to 'become' the joker, and it lead to his subsequent sleeping problems and death, Im sure he gave it his all. I actually think he's gonna be a better Joker than Jack was. Jack had the comedic side down as he always does, but I think Ledger's Joker will have the kiddies leavin the theater and having nightmares
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

DavidCrosby

....I cant wait either and I dont really even like Batman.....I think.....
listen to vinyl

Killgies

Just got my tickets for IMAX on Sun and can't wait!
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

capt. scotty

QuoteJust got my tickets for IMAX on Sun and can't wait!

I just checked my IMAX's schedule and theyre not getting it til August 22nd  :-?

WTF is up with that?! I aint waiting that long
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ManNamedTruth

i think i'm gonna go tomorrow, i NEVER go on the day a movie opens.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

getinthevan

Saw it at midnight last night.  I've never seen so many people at the theater.  They just sold a shitload of tickets and let people go into whatever theater they wanted (they had at least 6 showings in the half of the theater I was in!).  

I thought it was a great movie.  There were so many times where I was like, "holy shit!", the first of which being the Joker's awesome magic trick.  I never thought I would say it but I think I prefer Heath Ledger's Joker to Jack's.  To me it felt more realistic and less comical.  The first word that comes to mind is sadistic.  I highly recommend going to see this movie.

***EDIT***

I've been thinking about this movie since I walked out of the theater 9 hours ago.  I've come to the conclusion that I need to see it again before I know how I really felt about it.  I haven't been that excited about a movie in a really long time and now that I'm over that initial rush of finally seeing it, I can watch it again and finally decide if it lived up to all the hype.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Killgies

QuoteJust got my tickets for IMAX on Sun and can't wait!

I just checked my IMAX's schedule and theyre not getting it til August 22nd  :-?

WTF is up with that?! I aint waiting that long

That's crazy! Esp when they shot so much of the movie with IMAX camera's. If I was you I would find the closest one and go!
:)

Killgies

QuoteSaw it at midnight last night.  I've never seen so many people at the theater.  They just sold a shitload of tickets and let people go into whatever theater they wanted (they had at least 6 showings in the half of the theater I was in!).  

I thought it was a great movie.  There were so many times where I was like, "holy shit!", the first of which being the Joker's awesome magic trick.  I never thought I would say it but I think I prefer Heath Ledger's Joker to Jack's.  To me it felt more realistic and less comical.  The first word that comes to mind is sadistic.  I highly recommend going to see this movie.

***EDIT***

I've been thinking about this movie since I walked out of the theater 9 hours ago.  I've come to the conclusion that I need to see it again before I know how I really felt about it.  I haven't been that excited about a movie in a really long time and now that I'm over that initial rush of finally seeing it, I can watch it again and finally decide if it lived up to all the hype.

It's a great feeling when you have to allow time for the content of the movie to digest.

LOTR and Star Wars are the only movies I've seen that had this much build up before the release.

Jenny

holy smokes!
awesome.
i have nothing else to say.