Excuse me, but...

Started by that_girl, Jul 29, 2008, 09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

megalicious

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Three victims wounded by a gunman in a Tennessee church have been upgraded from critical to serious condition.
     A fourth person remains in stable condition, a day after more than a thousand people gathered in Knoxville at a candelight vigil for the victims of Sunday's shooting.
     All told, two people are dead and eight injured.
     Police say a four-page letter found in 58-year-old James Adkisson's SUV suggests he picked the church because of its liberal teachings, and that he believed all liberals should be killed because they are ruining the country.
     A police affidavit says Adkisson has admitted to the shootings. He remains behind bars, and is due in court one week from today.
--copyright AP, 2008

What the hell is wrong with the world?

How is it possible for hate to grab such a strong hold on someone enough that he or she would want to kill innocent people?

I know it's been like this since Cain and Able, but damn. I just can't understand it. It makes me sick.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Angry Ewok

QuotePolice said Adkisson snuck a 12-gauge shotgun into the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in a guitar case Sunday morning and opened fire during a children's performance of "Annie."

Judging by the volume of ammunition, and the letter he left, police are saying he had every intention of carrying out his massacre until the police arrived and shot him dead.

Any predictions on whether Tennessee will give this guy the death penalty? Especially in dealing with the criminally insane?
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

TEO

I don't know if any of us have the capacity to ever understand something like this....... :'(
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Angry Ewok

QuoteI don't know if any of us have the capacity to ever understand something like this....... :'(

I was going to say something like that, because none of it really makes sense, but then I realized we're probably better off not understanding.

:-/
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Penny Lane

(probably a little) mental illness + desperation + isolation + anger + gun =
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill