How far have you travelled to see MMJ?

Started by maddon, Oct 12, 2008, 10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddon

Us MMJ fans are a devoted lot, so I was wondering how far and what sacrifices have you made to see them?

Back when I lived in London in '03, I travelled from London to Amsterdam to see them play at Melkweg (Oude Zaal).  Got to meet them after and all.  I can still remember Two Tone selling merchandise at the front before the gig!  How times have changed.

More recently, with news that MMJ are heading to Australia  :D (i'm now living in OZ), i've bought my Perth Big Day Out ticket.  But there is no Perth side show.  SO.....I've just purchased my ticket to the Melbourne gig.  Which means, that i've got a round trip, Perth - Melb - Perth,  trip of 6912kms or 4,294 miles.   

Is it worth it??????    DAMN RIGHT IT IS!!!!!

Any other stories out there? :)
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Yatz

I rode five hours from Covington, KY (Cincinnati area) to Nashville.  Then we drove from Nashville to Louisville the next night.  If I combine those distances and drive times, with a large detour around a bunch of I-65 traffic, I have about eight hours invested in two days.  

I'm just too poor to do any of the things I really want to do in life.
[url="//www.myspace.com/travistalbert"]www.myspace.com/travistalbert[/url]

Ive got an EVIL plan babe

For the RCMH show, I drove from Bloomington, IN to Indianapolis where I hopped on a train and rode 20 hrs to Wilmington, DE.  Then another train from the Wilmington area to NYC.

Also drove with a friend from Bloomington to Asheville once.
Just cause it starts off slow babe, doesn't mean I  don't have evil urges.

tomEisenbraun

Drove with Tracy from Nashville to Cincinnati and back in the same evening on October 26, 2005 (my big 1-8).
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

aMillionDreams

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Sherpa

Phoenix, AZ to Bonnaroo 06 on a greyhound bus.

Phoenix, AZ to San Diego.

the_wizzard

Portland, OR to JFK (by plane) via Atlanta for RCMH = 5860 miles round trip (9420 km).  

Doing it one more time for NYE, but this time it will be 4860 miles round trip (7820 km) because I have a direct flight into Newark.

bluesky

thinking about going to either australia or new zealand for a month this winter!!! (i live in brooklyn,ny)...though i love to travel...it might be the farthest i've traveled period. would that be crazy? ::)

dragonboy

Nagoya, Japan to London, England...I was already flying home for my sister's wedding so you could argue that it doesn't count but it was still an amazing stroke of luck!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

vespachick

QuotePortland, OR to JFK (by plane) via Atlanta for RCMH = 5860 miles round trip (9420 km).  

Doing it one more time for NYE, but this time it will be 4860 miles round trip (7820 km) because I have a direct flight into Newark.

Ditto!  Hey Wizz, you flying Continental on the 30th?  Party in coach!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

buymycar

QuotePhoenix, AZ to Bonnaroo 06 on a greyhound bus.

Sherpa ftw!  That sounds like an absolutely brutal trip.

getinthevan

St. Johns, MI to Nashville in a car, 9 hours one way.  Was already planning a weekend trip to Nashville, just bumped it up a weekend when I found out about the show.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Penny Lane

QuotePhoenix, AZ to Bonnaroo 06 on a greyhound bus.

OMGGGG you win (lol) that trip sounds like a nightmare.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

Quotethinking about going to either australia or new zealand for a month this winter!!! (i live in brooklyn,ny)...though i love to travel...it might be the farthest i've traveled period. would that be crazy? ::)

you're going to these shows!! bs-that's awesome. we need to catch up since the boston/philly shows!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

nichless

Boone NC to Telluride CO...but in a nice rented mini-van with my girl, so it is no match for Sherpa's Greyhound excursion...what an experience that must've been!  

Wish I would've been on the foum back then, MillionDreams, it would've been great to meet up with you in beautiful downtown Telluride.

alexzbik

philly to south florida twice.  langerado 2007 and miami beach this past august.
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

Sherpa

Yeah, the trip to Bonnaroo was pretty wild. I never imagined the shit that could happen on those buses.

Thankfully, there were a lot of people willing to pick me up in Nashville since I didnt have a bus to the grounds. Hitchhiking in the middle of the night and sleeping with some bums at the gas station were the highlights.

EAZYE

OKC to Albany, NY and then down to Hartford, CT.
OKC to Orlando, FL

Don't consider me that much of a trooper though, my mother is a stewardess so I fly for nada. ;D
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

mtngurl

Drove from Salt Lake to Telluride, camped in the rain.
Drove from Salt Lake to Red Rocks, slept in the truck.
Worth every second!
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.

DavidCrosby

listen to vinyl