first black president or first woman V.P.

Started by true, Aug 30, 2008, 03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

QuoteNader!  Nader!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ZRRimf3Ps&eurl=http://www.votenader.org/index.html [/media]

That just makes me really sad.....and angry.  

McCain pulled out the kitchen sink last night and heaved it into the back yard of Joe Six Pack....

Ayers
ACORN
Joe the Plumber

All gimmicks that hold no water (built to spill), unless of course you are just looking for an excuse to vote for McCain.  Desperation does not suite this candidate very well.  
There's Still Time.........

ycartrob

I know you've got more for us, Tracy. At least... I hope so.

Yes I do.

As many times as I got your back on this forum (from the KKK in Tuscaloosa to Forum trolls) and stood up for you. Then you don't have the decency to answer my 1 question; you totally disregard my 1 question I asked simply for clarity, man. You totally turned tail and then laugh about it, after I got your back those other times. And you simply blow me off.

ycartrob

QuoteWhoa, Whoa, ease up boys.  I understand what you are angry about Tracy but to accuse Brad of having ZERO integrity is not the way to go about this.  

I'll stand corrected

CC

I'd like to buy the movie rights to this thread.

dragonboy

QuoteI'd like to buy the movie rights to this thread.

I'd like Obama to win the election...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

CC

I'd like Obama to win the election...

yes. that's how the movie will end. white house, zoom in, obama, happy music, people dancing, freeze frame, fade out, credits, more happy music.

Angry Ewok

QuoteThen you don't have the decency to answer my 1 question; you totally disregard my 1 question I asked simply for clarity, man. You totally turned tail and then laugh about it, after I got your back those other times. And you simply blow me off.

Alright, you've brought me to the table, Tracy.

The reason I've blown you off and didn't feel it was necessary to defend myself against your charges that I am a racist, classless, ignorant, sad, lacking integrity, scaring old white women, and pushing a conservative agenda on the My Morning Jacket forums is because your entire charge is on account of the one instance where I referred to Obama by his full name.

Don't you see how absurd you sound, Tracy? Of course I'm going to laugh at that. How is that any less ridiculous than the guy who accused all of the University of Alabama staff of being KKK members? Remember, you stuck up with me on that one!

I'm not denying that people are calling Obama an Arab. I'm not denying that there are viral e-mails being shot around with photos of Obama wearing a turban and all of that stuff, accusing him of being a Muslim. In fact, I talked about those old white people in the red states a long while ago in a thread that was deleted. But you're wrong to throw me in with that lot, and I think, or at least hope you know that.

Anyway, I know what's annoyed you is the fact that all I've done is just laugh at your charges. But what's annoying to me is that you're so focused on the fact that I wrote out His name that you disregarded what I was saying - which is that Bush isn't in the race and that that needs to be made clear by the candidate. And it should be noted, for the sake of keeping this thread on the rails, that in typical McCain fashion, he didn't make it clear until the third and final round.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLAK2RXuoj0[/media]

Anyway, the bottom line is, Tracy, that despite our friendship and everything - you've still taken that one instance where I referred to Obama by his full name and deduced that I am a racist, I am classless, ignorant, sad, lacking integrity, scaring old white women, and worse of all, pushing a conservative agenda on the My Morning Jacket forums. Really, Tracy?

Oh, that should totally be a thread in of itself. If you were casting a movie about a forum subplot, which A-list stars would you pick for each forum member?

;D
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ycartrob

QuoteThen you don't have the decency to answer my 1 question; you totally disregard my 1 question I asked simply for clarity, man. You totally turned tail and then laugh about it, after I got your back those other times. And you simply blow me off.

Alright, you've brought me to the table, Tracy.

The reason I've blown you off and didn't feel it was necessary to defend myself against your charges that I am a racist, classless, ignorant, sad, lacking integrity, scaring old white women, and pushing a conservative agenda on the My Morning Jacket forums is because your entire charge is on account of the one instance where I referred to Obama by his full name.

Don't you see how absurd you sound, Tracy? Of course I'm going to laugh at that. How is that any less ridiculous than the guy who accused all of the University of Alabama staff of being KKK members? Remember, you stuck up with me on that one!

I'm not denying that people are calling Obama an Arab. I'm not denying that there are viral e-mails being shot around with photos of Obama wearing a turban and all of that stuff, accusing him of being a Muslim. In fact, I talked about those old white people in the red states a long while ago in a thread that was deleted. But you're wrong to throw me in with that lot, and I think, or at least hope you know that.

Anyway, I know what's annoyed you is the fact that all I've done is just laugh at your charges. But what's annoying to me is that you're so focused on the fact that I wrote out His name that you disregarded what I was saying - which is that Bush isn't in the race and that that needs to be made clear by the candidate. And it should be noted, for the sake of keeping this thread on the rails, that in typical McCain fashion, he didn't make it clear until the third and final round.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLAK2RXuoj0[/media]

Anyway, the bottom line is, Tracy, that despite our friendship and everything - you've still taken that one instance where I referred to Obama by his full name and deduced that I am a racist, I am classless, ignorant, sad, lacking integrity, scaring old white women, and worse of all, pushing a conservative agenda on the My Morning Jacket forums. Really, Tracy?

Oh, that should totally be a thread in of itself. If you were casting a movie about a forum subplot, which A-list stars would you pick for each forum member?

;D

whatever you want to believe man; there's a conservative radio host in Nashville who uses Barak Hussein Obama. He also says he uses it only b/c it's his middle name. No other reason than that; and he calls no other candidate by their full name, just the one who's middle name happens to be Hussein. And that's just a coincidence...

I don't believe either of you.

-Are some of my responses here over the top? Perhaps, but next time someone asks you a question b/c of one of your comments, you should maybe answer it then and not wait 3 weeks to respond. It's been my experience in life that answering someone's question usually inhibits the flow of communication, where ignoring the question doesn't.

peace

red

Angry Ewok

QuoteI don't believe either of you.

Well, if you had your mind made up about me, then why have you wasted your time the past month or two trying to get me to respond to your absurd charges? I finally give you the benefit of the doubt, because you've got hurt feelings that I won't talk to you about it, but when I speak to you like you're a normal person, you just say, "I don't believe you or this racist guy on Nashville talk radio."

In your attempt to make me look like the bad guy, though, you're the one looking bad. You say I'm racist, but you're the one who keeps talking about Obama and Arabs... You say I'm classless, but you're the one who has been attacking my character without abandon the past two months. You say I'm ignorant, but you're the one damning me based only on my saying Obama's full name, once. You call me sad, but you're the one who has made a personal crusade out of making something out of nothing. You say I lack integrity, but again, you're the one giving up on your own principles, and breaking forum rules, in order to attack my principles. You say I'm a fear monger, but you're the one screaming "RACIST!"!

Don't you see? You're a hypocrite, Tracy.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyzHUaLJT7Q[/media]

Taterbug

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

ycartrob

QuoteI don't believe either of you.

Well, if you had your mind made up about me, then why have you wasted your time the past month or two trying to get me to respond to your absurd charges? I finally give you the benefit of the doubt, because you've got hurt feelings that I won't talk to you about it, but when I speak to you like you're a normal person, you just say, "I don't believe you or this racist guy on Nashville talk radio."

In your attempt to make me look like the bad guy, though, you're the one looking bad. You say I'm racist, but you're the one who keeps talking about Obama and Arabs... You say I'm classless, but you're the one who has been attacking my character without abandon the past two months. You say I'm ignorant, but you're the one damning me based only on my saying Obama's full name, once. You call me sad, but you're the one who has made a personal crusade out of making something out of nothing. You say I lack integrity, but again, you're the one giving up on your own principles, and breaking forum rules, in order to attack my principles. You say I'm a fear monger, but you're the one screaming "RACIST!"!

Don't you see? You're a hypocrite, Tracy.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyzHUaLJT7Q[/media]

angry ewok

Taterbug

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Supreme Court is siding with Ohio's top elections official in a dispute with the state Republican Party over voter registrations.
The justices on Friday overruled a federal appeals court that had ordered Ohio's top elections official to do more to help counties verify voter eligibility.

Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, a Democrat, faced a deadline of Friday to set up a system to provide local officials with names of newly registered voters whose driver's license numbers or Social Security numbers on voter registration forms don't match records in other government databases.

Ohio Republicans contended the information for counties would help prevent fraud. Brunner said the GOP is trying to disenfranchise voters.

Nuff Said  ::)

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

pawpaw

I already voted for the terrorist (absentee ballot).

I don't consider "Conservative" to be a dirty word. Politically, I'm pretty conservative in many respects. I actually like McCain as a Republican candidate. But Obama isn't concerned with "winning" the war in Iraq, and will push for withdrawl, which I consider to be VERY important. He'll push for more oversight and regulation (than McCain would) in the restructuring of our banking system, which I also feel is VERY important at this point. While his tax plan isn't the best for big business and job growth, it's sensible (imo), and keeps in place most of the Bush tax policy for the lower and middle classes. Obama's health care proposal is the best of the two candidates at fixing what will be a HUGE problem and financial drain if left to its current course.

I like McCain's commitment to cutting the fat from our bloated government, and he has a proven history of pushing for it (as proven as you can be for a US Senator). He is better than most Repubs environmentally. He's wily, and I like that.

Obama is unproven - A BIG question mark. But he's an intelligent man, and people WANT to be lead by him (not Angry Ewok, but a lot of others ;)). He'll choose the advisors he needs to support him as he takes his first step as president. I have no problem voting for a Republican when he or she is the best candidate. That's just not the case this time.

Everyone, get past the bullshit. When we start discussing hate tactics exclusively, that's when we've fallen for it. That shit doesn't matter unless we let it.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

ycartrob

QuoteI already voted for the terrorist (absentee ballot).

I don't consider "Conservative" to be a dirty word. Politically, I'm pretty conservative in many respects. I actually like McCain as a Republican candidate. But Obama isn't concerned with "winning" the war in Iraq, and will push for withdrawl, which I consider to be VERY important. He'll push for more oversight and regulation (than McCain would) in the restructuring of our banking system, which I also feel is VERY important at this point. While his tax plan isn't the best for big business and job growth, it's sensible (imo), and keeps in place most of the Bush tax policy for the lower and middle classes. Obama's health care proposal is the best of the two candidates at fixing what will be a HUGE problem and financial drain if left to its current course.

I like McCain's commitment to cutting the fat from our bloated government, and he has a proven history of pushing for it (as proven as you can be for a US Senator). He is better than most Repubs environmentally. He's wily, and I like that.

Obama is unproven - A BIG question mark. But he's an intelligent man, and people WANT to be lead by him (not Angry Ewok, but a lot of others ;)). He'll choose the advisors he needs to support him as he takes his first step as president. I have no problem voting for a Republican when he or she is the best candidate. That's just not the case this time.

Everyone, get past the bullshit. When we start discussing hate tactics exclusively, that's when we've fallen for it. That shit doesn't matter unless we let it.

this post is far too reasonable and grounded to be accepted on this thread...

it should be deleted   ;)

pawpaw

I know, I know. I had to come in and ruin the fun ;D

Carry on...  :D
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

bowl of soup

Uh, that guy was me.  And you can review last year's college football thread for the play by play.  You didn't get then and you don't get it now.  I relayed a personal story about an experience I had at the Iron Bowl and you got hyper-sensitive about the whole deal.  I defended myself against you and Tracy (At one point Tracy accused me of calling the boys in MMJ racists - it got that special) and the whole thing was silly and pointless.

Your reponses in this fight are weak.  Tracy is oftentimes over the top and somewhat carzed, but he is on-point here.  There is but one reason to use Obama's full name and that reason is not proper identification.  My middle name is Milton.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Angry Ewok

I can't decide who is more scared of Obama's middle name. You guys, or the old white women. Talk about hypersensitive.

p.s. Nice to meet you, Milton. My middle name is Bradley. Isn't that cute? We're like pals, too, so that works out great.

aMillionDreams

Well, the GOP has successfully dumbed down the level the discourse.  I think we can all see that.  

This thread is a shit storm, not a political discussion.  I guess that's what happens when people try to win elections based on fear and innuendo.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

MMJ_fanatic

Brunner said the GOP is trying to disenfranchise voters.

Like we're supposed to believe anything she says.  She should have gotten off her lazy fat ass and priovided the documentation, otherwise 1 of 2 things are true:  1) the charges are accurate about her and she has something to hide or 2) she's just too lazy to give a shit about doing her job correctly and/or corrupting a system that used to be a hallowed institution.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.