H I S T O R Y

Started by ycartrob, Nov 04, 2008, 11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taxman

Congrats with the new president! We, over here in Holland, saw our favourite candidate win! From the very start of the campaign it was obvious that we saw history in the making.  8-)
I'm not trying to be mysterious about it, it's just that what I do is tough to explain.
-Macgyver

wharf rat

No racial boundary lines, no social subdivisions.....

Proud, very proud to be an Obama supporter, proud of our country's voter turnout, proud of the historical significance of it all!!!

aMillionDreams

Quotejust starting to wake up and come out of the daze--what a great night---i think the victory last night was not just for blacks or liberals or democrats--it was for anyone who's ever felt alone, awkward and needed to overcome something. Both speeches were great---i wonder deep down if mccain (being that old) isn't a little relieved at not winning. Being president is kind of awesome and all, but that's hell of a lot of work. people were on the streets here all night---everyone crossing racial lines and dancing on cars---insane.

yeah, aMD--let us know what your students are saying today--i'm curious!!

My class and school are actually very supportive of Obama.  In our schoolwide vote obama won something like 312-110.  So, overall my class was very excited and hopeful.  It was neat watching Obama's victory speech with my class and explaining to them that they were watching history being made in their own time.  Unfortunately I did have a few students who changed the tone like the one kid who's convinced Obama's gonna to have everyone killed (you know, since Obama's a baby killer).   ::)

Here's a bit of our discussion (names have been changed to protect the innocent):
Susie: He[Obama] really is gonna take our money.
Beth: Ya, and give it to poor people.  That's a good thing.
David: Well, it's not as bad as killing people in wars.  Obama's gonna stop the wars.

Out of the mouths of babes.  :)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

dragonboy

Too right! I have lots of respect for John McCain but what an absolute f**king train wreck of a mistake she was!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

QuoteMeet the new 1st family,  I'm so proud of our country.  I feel almost like a distant cousin of Pres. Obama.  say it with me  U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A.  

So you're homophobic and racist?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

walterfredo

Unbelievable....tears of joy last night!

I can't figure out how to post an image, but this is awesome!!

http://www.patrickmoberg.com/november-4-2008.jpg

dragonboy

QuoteUnbelievable....tears of joy last night!

I can't figure out how to post an image, but this is awesome!!

http://www.patrickmoberg.com/november-4-2008.jpg
Here you go Walterfredo!

That's excellent!!!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Taterbug

QuoteMeet the new 1st family,  I'm so proud of our country.  I feel almost like a distant cousin of Pres. Obama.  say it with me  U.S.A. U.S.A. U.S.A.  

;D ;D ;D

This is me....
I am a Proud  Obama Supporter who has voted for him since he began his political careeer.

I am not homophobic.

I am for civil unions.  If there was a ballot  initiative in Illinois I would have voted for it.  I am not one to deny 2 people that love each other the same social benefits that I have.  

I still struggle with gay adoption.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

dragonboy

;D ;D ;D

This is me....
I am a Proud  Obama Supporter who has voted for him since he began his political careeer.

I am not homophobic.

I am for civil unions.  If there was a ballot  initiative in Illinois I would have voted for it.  I am not one to deny 2 people that love each other the same social benefits that I have.  

My apologies then but do you not think that if you make comments like 'It's Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve' and then post pictures like the one above with the comments you did that people will naturally presume that you're homophobic & racist?

JacketGal

Seriously moved to tears of joy as well. Chicago was electrified yesterday and today. Beautiful weather, beautiful celebrations! People smiling at each other on the street! Just incredible.

I think he possesses all of the qualities of a leader. I look forward to his presidency. GOBAMA!

But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

Taterbug

;D ;D ;D

This is me....

I am not homophobic.

My apologies then but do you not think that if you make comments like 'It's Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve' and then post pictures like the one above with the comments you did that people will naturally presume that you're homophobic & racist?

I don't see the racism in my post of Obama.  What about it is racist ?
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

pawpaw

;D ;D ;D

This is me....

I am not homophobic.

I don't see the racism in my post of Obama.  What about it is racist ?

Hey friends  :) I got your back here T, I know you were coming from a more light-hearted place in both instances. Folks take this shit seriously around here though  ;)  :)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

the sun and moon

QuoteSeriously moved to tears of joy as well. Chicago was electrified yesterday and today. Beautiful weather, beautiful celebrations! People smiling at each other on the street! Just incredible.

I think he possesses all of the qualities of a leader. I look forward to his presidency. GOBAMA!

He is a very special man.

Angry Ewok

QuoteI don't see the racism in my post of Obama.  What about it is racist ?

Sort of makes him look like the racist, doesn't it?
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ChiefOKONO

I am SO Happy right now.. what a wonderful election, it was rough at times but we did it!!!  I think this is the start of a great era and I feel so good to finally be here after all these crazy years!
Amazing, just simply amazing to soak all of this in.  Obama will prove many people who believe in him right and the rest wrong.

dragonboy

QuoteSort of makes him look like the racist, doesn't it?
Yeah that's the pot calling the kettle black.

But I completely understand, losing so bad must really hurt right now. You obviously feel the need to make silly little digs & comments like the one above so go ahead, that's fine...keep on bringing the hate! That's pretty much all you've contributed to this forum of late isn't it?

sweatboard

-I've read the books
-I've been to the classes
-I've listened to the speeches
-I've seen the bumper stickers  

-BUT I'VE NEVER BEEN SO TRULY PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!!!

Hope is a great thing.  I feel vindicated by being able to place a vote for this quality of a presidential candidate.  I would like to thank every person that put forth an effort to make this possible.  This was not a win for Barrack Hussein Obama; this was a win for a mass of people that have felt apathetic and disenfranchised.  This was not a win for African Americans; this was a win for citizens of this country that felt like they would never have an opportunity to vote for someone that they truly BELIEVED in.  This could have never happened without the time and energy put forth by people that were truly passionate about change and were willing to stand up and take action.  I'm inspired.....It starts NOW, a window is open, we can't sit back and wait to feel the breeze, it's time to step out and swing with all our might.

There's Still Time.........

Angry Ewok

QuoteSort of makes him look like the racist, doesn't it?
Yeah that's the pot calling the kettle black.

I just think it's interesting that there are a couple of people running around screaming "racist" and "hate monger" in the MMJ Forums (of all places) when they're the ones making the broad and sweeping generalizations about fellow fanatics that they don't even know.

You already had your mind made up that Taterbug was homophobic, for some reason. Then you decided he must be racist, too, because he posted a photo Obama and his family. You still haven't answered his question - Why did you assume he was a racist based only on the fact that he posted a photo of Obama and his family?

You already had your mind made up that I'm a racist, too, and thus I must be absolutely devastated about the outcome of this election. So you decided to have a round at taunting me in the other thread by calling me out and posting a photo of Obama giving a nice thumb's up. Why did you presume that photo would repulse me? The same reason you presumed Tater is racist for posting a photo of Obama's family?

What I'm getting at is this... What does it say about you, that you want me to be disappointed or disgusted? Why do you want me to be racist? Why do you want to make me out to be a villain?

Why is the despised Republican more jubilant, excited, motivated, inspired about the outcome of this election than you are? LOL
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

sweatboard

Brad, what do you think about this speech?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es3lizzjjJ8&feature=related

In the wake of this election do you feel like even though your guy didn't win that you are willing to get behind or at least give Obama a chance?  

There's Still Time.........

weeniebeenie

QuoteCongrats with the new president! We, over here in Holland, saw our favourite candidate win! From the very start of the campaign it was obvious that we saw history in the making.  8-)
We here in Oz had a lot of coverage on it aswell. I was sitting at my desk at work checking the news every so often thinking: Has he won yet?
How loud can silence get?