Prop 8 (The Musical)

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Dec 05, 2008, 03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

QuoteI seriously would like to find out more info on the "second hand smoke" category.  I never really believed that one.  I'm sure it's true if "they" say so, but I just don't get it.  Whe are these people.  Has anyone ever heard of somebody dying of second hand smoke?  Again, I'm sure someone has but 200K?  Really?

From the American Lung Association
http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=35422

Secondhand smoke causes approximately 3,400 lung cancer deaths and 22,700-69,600 heart disease deaths in adult nonsmokers in the United States each year.

I've seen the statistics from the Lung Association, but I guess I just don't understand how someone can say that a person died of heart disease as a result of second hand smoke.   I mean, if you live your whole life with a smoker, yes, I get it.  But if you go get a triple cheeseburger and fries at the local pub, and it's full of smoke, is it the second hand smoke that gave you the heart disease or the triple cheeseburger?   Again, I'm not a doctor and don't want to pretend I'm somehow an expert, I would just like to learn more about the research behind these statistics.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

QuoteI seriously would like to find out more info on the "second hand smoke" category.  I never really believed that one.  I'm sure it's true if "they" say so, but I just don't get it.  Whe are these people.  Has anyone ever heard of somebody dying of second hand smoke?  Again, I'm sure someone has but 200K?  Really?

From the American Lung Association
http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=35422

Secondhand smoke causes approximately 3,400 lung cancer deaths and 22,700-69,600 heart disease deaths in adult nonsmokers in the United States each year.

I've seen the statistics from the Lung Association, but I guess I just don't understand how someone can say that a person died of heart disease as a result of second hand smoke.   I mean, if you live your whole life with a smoker, yes, I get it.  But if you go get a triple cheeseburger and fries at the local pub, and it's full of smoke, is it the second hand smoke that gave you the heart disease or the triple cheeseburger?   Again, I'm not a doctor and don't want to pretend I'm somehow an expert, I would just like to learn more about the research behind these statistics.

Health Effects of Exposure to Environmental Tobacco Smoke: Final Report, Approved at the Panel's June 24, 2005 Meeting

http://www.oehha.ca.gov/air/environmental_tobacco/pdf/app3partb2005.pdf

Ghosts_on_TV

If someone gets lung cancer, and they never smoked a day in their life, do they just blame it on second hand smoke? I'm just curious.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ManNamedTruth

QuoteTypical liberal sacrilege I hope they are all judged accordingly.
Are you serious?!!  Dude, you just officially became the "Forum Fruitcake"!!! Love IT!!!  ;D

Forum Fruitcake is putting it nicely.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

aMillionDreams

QuoteMaybe Christians need to start erupting in violence and riots, like Muslims, everytime there is a slight against Chritianity.  Maybe then everyone would be all sensitive and walk on eggshells the way everyone does for Islamic people, in the name of political correctness.  

That's really what you think we need?!?  No freedom of speech, no freedom of religion.  Just more violence.  I think we could do better than that.  Hey, about we just let people say what they say want and not revert back to the Dark Ages and let people like MMJfanatic get over themselves.  Because I guarantee you, I am just as offended at what Fanatic said as he is at this stupid movie. They're making people laugh, he's suggesting we kill anyone who pokes fun at Christianity.  Who really ought to be censored, if anyone?  Not to rattle on, but if you don't like freedom of speech or religion, how about becoming Amish.  Or moving to Cuba or Iran.  I think those places would share your belief system. Here in America we don't erupt in violence because someone cracked wise on your God.

I nominate MMJfanatic as Forum Whack Job.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ms. yvon

this video offers a pretty accurate broad stroke portrayal of californians.

i am a native californian.

jack black has SOME MOVES!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteMaybe Christians need to start erupting in violence and riots, like Muslims, everytime there is a slight against Chritianity.  Maybe then everyone would be all sensitive and walk on eggshells the way everyone does for Islamic people, in the name of political correctness.  

That's really what you think we need?!?  No freedom of speech, no freedom of religion.  Just more violence.  I think we could do better than that.  Hey, about we just let people say what they say want and not revert back to the Dark Ages and let people like MMJfanatic get over themselves.  Because I guarantee you, I am just as offended at what Fanatic said as he is at this stupid movie. They're making people laugh, he's suggesting we kill anyone who pokes fun at Christianity.  Who really ought to be censored, if anyone?  Not to rattle on, but if you don't like freedom of speech or religion, how about becoming Amish.  Or moving to Cuba or Iran.  I think those places would share your belief system. Here in America we don't erupt in violence because someone cracked wise on your God.

I nominate MMJfanatic as Forum Whack Job.

Hey how about respecting Christianity--especially the central figure--as much as you respect other religions (including Islam)???

And if you really and truly think I meant what I said about Christians needing to go "Muslim" on critics of the religion, you really are as stupid as you appear to be.  You see the world of free speech ALWAYS has room for S-A-R-C-A-S-M!!!!!!! ::)

I nominate you for forum dim wit...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.