The 'Anyone Else Drinkin'?' Thread...

Started by dragonboy, Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

drinking a 22oz fat tire one more after this one. then windsor freshly stolen from my roommate.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ManNamedTruth

feels good to be off work for the next 2 days!
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

.Walt

Quotefeels good to be off work for the next 2 days!

i'll drink to that  [smiley=beer.gif]

how is the job going? better?

ManNamedTruth

Quotefeels good to be off work for the next 2 days!

i'll drink to that  [smiley=beer.gif]

how is the job going? better?
yeah, just got a raise
let me tell ya the story of what happened......

.Walt

on to bottle number two, and the last one. something about playing some blues, it just screams DRINK DRINK DRINK

anyone else have that happen?

ManNamedTruth

so we're getting kinda busy and its just 2 cooks (3 is like the minimum to run each position) and i'm getting frustrated as is. i ask for help from a manager witch is what we're supposed to do. all she does is bitch the whole time so i got pissed and left. i have anxiety too so that might have contributed to me freaking a little. i get home and see she already left a message on the phone, i call back and she basically gives the impression that what happens is up to me and i can return if i want by calling the next day. i call the next day and they say i have the day off but can retun my next scheduled day. that next day, i get a message to call work and find out that the rest of my shifts have been taken for the week, and that i now have to wait for the general manager to return from vacation and talk to him. so i finally meet with him a few days later and went through with what happened. the manager that was their did say it was party her fault for leaving. so all in all i got almost two whole weeks off.

.Walt

dude i can totally say with confidence that, I've been there. being upset and frustrated, it comes with being a cook. i really don't think people who come into a restaurant realize how much stress the person cooking their food is under, especially when its a full house. throw in a couple of waitresses being their "needed" self, always wanting something. then you can't flip out on them because most of them are good looking and whores. so you don't wanna blow a future chance of getting some. maybe the last part, was just me.  

also congrats on getting a raise!  [smiley=beer.gif]

ManNamedTruth

Quotedude i can totally say with confidence that, I've been there. being upset and frustrated, it comes with being a cook. i really don't think people who come into a restaurant realize how much stress the person cooking their food is under, especially when its a full house. throw in a couple of waitresses being their "needed" self, always wanting something. then you can't flip out on them because most of them are good looking and whores. so you don't wanna blow a future chance of getting some. maybe the last part, was just me.  

also congrats on getting a raise!  [smiley=beer.gif]
thanks
calling it a night now. only had one but i made it strong. thanks for joining me!

.Walt

have a good one, thanks for getting me started, hopefully i mix a strong one and go to sleep as well.

or i'll still be up when DB starts to indulge

MarkW

Hmmm, sooooo:

2 pints Staropramen at the local

3 glasses white wine while cooking.

3 glasses red wine while eating/watching Heroes.

Yummmmmm (repeat every night until cirrhosis)
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

red

QuoteHmmm, sooooo:

2 pints Staropramen at the local

3 glasses white wine while cooking.

3 glasses red wine while eating/watching Heroes.

Yummmmmm (repeat every night until cirrhosis)
It's only 3:30 in the afternoon...you must be getting prepared for THS.  ;)

MarkW

It's only 3:30 in the afternoon...you must be getting prepared for THS.  ;)

The sun's always over the yardarm somewhere in the world.  I am considering:

1. Skiving off work early to get drunk tomorrow afternoon.
2. Taking a hipflask with me for the train in to London.
3. Getting utterly anihilated before the show.
4. Regretting all of the above at work on Friday.  ;)

ps - working is losing. Word.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Chills

Night has fallen over my part of the world.

The Okonokos DVD is playing and I'm having a fine glass of Glennalachie.

Smooth...

red

Quote1. Skiving off work early to get drunk tomorrow afternoon.
2. Taking a hipflask with me for the train in to London.
3. Getting utterly anihilated before the show.
4. Regretting all of the above at work on Friday.  ;)
Haha, I've got to say go with #3!!!  

Three hours before the Toronto show I was in a nearby bar tipping the glass back.  I (vividly) remember having 5 drinks resting on the stage infront of me minutes prior to THS taking the stage.   ;D

.Walt

just got back from the liquor store. bought 5 22oz fat tires, saving 3 for the Fantasy Football draft tomorrow. so really all i could afford was a 12 pack of Coors Light.
BUT... i saw a 24 pack of 16oz Coors Light for only like four bucks more. I felt like a homeless person scoring some booze.  8-)

Also I went to the gas station to pick up red bull for Jag Bombs, a 4 Pack was $10. BUT they had the single cans for 2 for $3.33 on sale.

gotta save a buck at all costs!!

and i'm starting off the night by shot-gunning two coors lights in a-row. something about the first week of school makes me feel like a freshman again, it just brings out the kid in me.

.Walt

yeah, i'm still drinking, db? late one tonight??

.Walt

Quoteyeah, i'm still drinking, db? late one tonight??

is it time??????????

dragonboy

Quick shower & then I'll be on one!  :D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

.Walt

QuoteQuick shower & then I'll be on one!  :D

fucking right!!! lets not be weird (gay) on this one, but you will be back? i've been stood up before by you , again lets not make this a weird issue... :D

dragonboy

;D back in 5 with a beer in my hand!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.