The 'Anyone Else Drinkin'?' Thread...

Started by dragonboy, Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkW

Hmmm.  Went out to the pub after work with the missus.  Had a few pints and then decided to have some food too.  And a bottle of wine.  Left the pub at 8.30pm, and got home to a phone message from the neighbours (we've just moved) asking us out for a drink.  Back down to the same pub at 8.45 (got a weird look from the bar guy), and didn't leave until 1am... sooo, the evening went:

3 pints Staropramen
1 bottle red wine

small gap

countless pints of Greene King IPA, Woodford's Wherry, Tribute (nice cornish ale), repeat until anihilation by beer.

The neighbours were a really nice couple, he's a research physicist and in our drunken state I made him promise to let me in his lab to blow stuff up...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

.Walt

when i first came into the forum tonight all i was going to write in the fantasy football theard. then you had to ask if i was drinking...thank you!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

MarkW

Quotewoah, top of the page!

great way to start the page  ;D
I could be that fit if I wanted to be. Seriously.

I like to think my abs are like that.  Somewhere underneath the calorie storage unit I carry around on my front.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

dragonboy

Quotewoah, top of the page!

great way to start the page  ;D
I could be that fit if I wanted to be. Seriously.

I like to think my abs are like that.  Somewhere underneath the calorie storage unit I carry around on my front.
Seriously Mark, what if was to suddenly get really cold? That could happen in the UK @ any time. You need storage & coverage mate.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

.Walt

QuoteHmmm.  Went out to the pub after work with the missus.  Had a few pints and then decided to have some food too.  And a bottle of wine.  Left the pub at 8.30pm, and got home to a phone message from the neighbours (we've just moved) asking us out for a drink.  Back down to the same pub at 8.45 (got a weird look from the bar guy), and didn't leave until 1am... sooo, the evening went:

3 pints Staropramen
1 bottle red wine

small gap

countless pints of Greene King IPA, Woodford's Wherry, Tribute (nice cornish ale), repeat until anihilation by beer.

The neighbours were a really nice couple, he's a research physicist and in our drunken state I made him promise to let me in his lab to blow stuff up...

yeah that could lead to a hang over  ;D

dragonboy

Quotewhen i first came into the forum tonight all i was going to write in the fantasy football theard. then you had to ask if i was drinking...thank you!
Seriously Capt, the pleasure is all mine!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

.Walt

i'll be thanking you when i work in 4 hours!

dragonboy

Quotei'll be thanking you when i work in 4 hours!
Dude, you need to turn in!

.Walt

Quotei'll be thanking you when i work in 4 hours!
Dude, you need to turn in!

i'll be fine, i work for only 5 hours or so. then i'll sleep the whole day, i'm fine with that. thanks for getting me to drink and then telling me to go bed. you can't have it both ways  ;) i'm finishing the disc!!!

dragonboy

Half of me wants to say 'that's the spirit!' / half of me feels really guilty!  :-/

.Walt

plus i just opened a beer, and we know we don't waste beer!

.Walt

QuoteHalf of me wants to say 'that's the spirit!' / half of me feels really guilty!  :-/
;D

dragonboy

Reading Vs the Hammers Mark? What you got for me?

.Walt

dragonboy

True Love into Ragoo  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

.Walt

this is my favorite part...the last 10 or 15 seconds. its so catchy

dragonboy

I like Fans but the lyrics are the only thing that lets the album down IMO

.Walt

QuoteI like Fans but the lyrics are the only thing that lets the album down IMO

i can see that.

.Walt

i read some complaints about KOL at Lolla. when i saw'em they were great.

.Walt

i would say this is my favorite song on the cd