The 'Anyone Else Drinkin'?' Thread...

Started by dragonboy, Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

BUMP! page two again!  :o

just finished working the night shift, DB?? is it time yet?? i'll have one if you have one!?!  :-*
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

fuck it, i'm having one with or without you.  [smiley=happy.gif]
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

dragonboy

Just finished work now.
I'm going to take a quick shower & then I'll be on the case.

I've been having lots of fun drinking whilst working on your mix the last couple of nights Capt!
I've definitely found a groove & got my music mojo working  :D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

QuoteYou drinkin' K?
Well I suppose I could have one before I go sleep.   ;D

I'll be back in about 10 or 15 with a drink in hand...

dragonboy

red

Alright, I'm showered, fed and ready to report for duty.  You pouring db?

dragonboy

Haha, I thought you'd crashed on me!

Seeing as this is a special occasion I'm going to open a bottle of Young's London Ale!

Cheers K!

red

And in your honour I just put in Guitar Town for my very first listen.  I like it already!  

Cheers.

dragonboy

I saw you bought that. That's another CD that I need to update, the sound on mine is shit.
You bought the remastered CD with a bonus track?

dragonboy

I've been listening to the new Steve Earle a fair bit. It's good but starts to trail about halfway through. Hopefully the later tracks will grow on me yet...

red

QuoteI saw you bought that. That's another CD that I need to update, the sound on mine is shit.
You bought the remastered CD with a bonus track?
No bonus track on the one I got.   :-/  Sound quality's pretty good though.  

dragonboy

dragonboy

How many times have you played In Rainbows today?  ;)

red

QuoteHow many times have you played In Rainbows today?  ;)
Haha, just 3 times.  Came home from The Weakerthans concert tonight (review to follow sometime...) and pumped The Bends and In Rainbows while flying down the deserted highway and break-neck speeds (not really though) through the dark night, it was glorious.  

dragonboy

I gave it a couple of spins today. Playing some Otis right now (hence the new pic!) I don't like to play anything too 'reflective' when my wife is around.
House Of Cards has had me close to tears a couple of times  :-[  :'(

red

"Videotape" just kills me.  The lines: "this is one for the good days", "You are my centre when I spin away / Out of control on videotape / On videotape", and "This is my way of saying goodbye / Because I can't do it face to face" just break my heart.  I guess that's basically the entire song haha.  But yeah, it's made me shed a few tears...

OTIS!

dragonboy

"The infrastructure will collapse" kills me everytime  :'(

dragonboy

OTIS indeed!!!

Mr. Redding & Mr. Gaye never fail to blow me away every time I play their music  :D

red

The percussion on the beginning of "Reckoner" is incredible.  Keep your ears keen to that on your next spin, it'll blow your mind!!!!!!