The 'Anyone Else Drinkin'?' Thread...

Started by dragonboy, Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

I vote for tonight! I spose we folks towards the middle and east will need to wait a while for the west-coasters to get off of work...
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

BH

QuoteI vote for tonight! I spose we folks towards the middle and east will need to wait a while for the west-coasters to get off of work...

I'm not sure I can make tonight work, plus I'd like to give people a bit more warning.  Next Friday is no good either.  Damn, how about August 1st?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

vespachick

My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

MarkW

Count me in.  I'll get up in the middle of the night and start drinking just to join in.

I feel a sick day coming on...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

red

Count me in too.   [smiley=beer.gif]

mjkoehler

TheBigChicken

I'm in and I'm sippin' on some sauce :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

mjkoehler

Pounding pint after pint of Guinness. My honeybunny is at the IL's hangin with them and the kids are in bed. DVD player is a runnin.

sweatboard

The Simpsons Movie is really gooood.
There's Still Time.........

getinthevan

My friend finished his kegorator yesterday so we were putting it to good use tonight.  Good times.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Hawkeye

Picked up about $100 of New Glarus beer this weekend...drank about half of it yesterday  ;D  

http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/

Wow is that cherry beer ridiculously good.  So are all of the "Unplugged" beers...hell they're all good.  They had "Bluegrass Sundays" yesterday, sitting out in the sun, the beers were definitely going down good.  If anyone is into Bluegrass the Hen House Prowlers are really really good.  Started out with Dancing Man Wheat, then Hearty Hops, then Totally Naked, then back to Dancing Man.  We got home and played bags and started hitting up the "Unplugged" beers and the cherry beer...mmm...anyone else had the New Glarus beers?  Some of the tastiest brews you'll ever have.  Alongside La Binchoise Grande Reserve, they're all on my faves list
We could.

joey_rogo

problems with the lady friend = me drinking.

BH

OK, so we are all on for Friday night, August 1st right!

How about 10 pm central time for a start time.  That will give the west coasters time to get some drink on.  I'm open for input on the start time.

One question, what is the best way to synchronize our watches.  I found a few online "clocks" but the ones I have found are based on your computer settings so that doesn't help.  Does anyone know of a universal online clock that is set exact.   Aren't cell phones all exactly the same?  Any ideas?  ( I realize that this won't be an exact science but I would like to get it started as close as possible within reason.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

Cells are probably a good idea, unless some of the peeps do not have one.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

mjkoehler

My wife and I have the same service but our times are off by a couple of minutes?!?

Hells ya 8/1 works.

TEO

QuoteMy wife and I have the same service but our times are off by a couple of minutes?!?

Hells ya 8/1 works.

Right, that's what Jake just told me with he and his lady as well, so he suggested time.gov.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

Sweet.  OK, either one of these will work.  My cell phone matches both exaclty but I guess some cells are wacko.

http://time.gov/timezone.cgi?Central/d/-6/java

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

10 pm central time.  

So much....

goin' on these days.....

vespachick

QuoteHow about 10 pm central time for a start time.  That will give the west coasters time to get some drink on.

Thanks BH!  I've got a brand new bottle of pretty expensive absinthe (distilled right here in gool ol' Oregon!!) that may get busted into Friday! 8-) :o

http://www.integrityspirits.com/trillium-absinthe.html
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

red

I think you're crazy American central time is an hour ahead of ours here, but I'll make it regardless.  

I think I work Saturday morning, but I'm okay with that.   8-)

BH

QuoteI think you're crazy American central time is an hour ahead of ours here, but I'll make it regardless.  

I think I work Saturday morning, but I'm okay with that.   8-)

Sweet!  I guess you got a new job, huh?  Settling back in?

Yeah, it must be the daylight savings time.  Not sure what we are saving it for, but oh well!