The 'Anyone Else Drinkin'?' Thread...

Started by dragonboy, Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tree

aha ok. Last time I was in Spain I only drank San Miguel and they only sold those 1 l bottles.  ::)
But tonight I´m going to have some Sagres. My favorite beer!

.Walt

QuoteStarted off with a couple of Budweisers tonight.
Not a good beer by any means but not that bad either + it's cheap here compared to other international beers.

No Pilsner Urquell in Japan?  ;)

do you both like pilsner urquell or dislike? i just got a 6 pack on friday. i liked it.
it was international friday, started with a Labatt Blue (Canada), then went over seas with Pilsner urquell (Czech), then with Paulaner (Germany), and ended with Coors Light (US).  my favorite was the Paulaner.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

MarkW

Red wine tonight from those fine and dedicated Spanish vintners.  It's brass monkeys outside, and I couldn't face a cold beer even though it's footie on the TV...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Tree

QuoteStarted off with a couple of Budweisers tonight.
Not a good beer by any means but not that bad either + it's cheap here compared to other international beers.

No Pilsner Urquell in Japan?  ;)

do you both like pilsner urquell or dislike? i just got a 6 pack on friday. i liked it.
it was international friday, started with a Labatt Blue (Canada), then went over seas with Pilsner urquell (Czech), then with Paulaner (Germany), and ended with Coors Light (US).  my favorite was the Paulaner.

I LOVE PILSNER!!!  :)

dragonboy

Quotedo you both like pilsner urquell or dislike? i just got a 6 pack on friday. i liked it.
I love it! but in Japan i can only get it in the 330ml bottles, which don't travel so well IMO.
It tastes different & much better in the bigger (650?) bottles.
I know that sounds silly but it's true.
I've tried Budvar, my other fav Czech beer in small bottles, big bottles, in cans & on tap in The Czech Republic & they all taste different.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

.Walt

Quotedo you both like pilsner urquell or dislike? i just got a 6 pack on friday. i liked it.
I love it! but it Japan i can only get it in the 330ml bottles, which don't travel so well IMO.
It tastes different & much better in the bigger (650?) bottles.
I know that sounds silly but it's true.
that should be in the "10 myths of beer" as number 11.
is there any japanese beers i should try. there's a beer called Tiger i think it was from japan, and i liked it.  

dragonboy

Haha, beer myth number 11 - I like that!
Tiger is from Singapore, good beer like you said (better in the bigger bottles when drunk in an outside food market in it's country of origin)
Have you tried Singha? That's a good Thai beer...
Kirin is a good Japanese beer, I'm pretty sure I saw that in Hawaii.
Some people like Asahi, which I know I've seen in the US but I personally think it's a bit too gassy.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

.Walt

i will try one of  them out this weekend for sure.  thanks db. expect a message telling you how it was/is.

dragonboy

Looking forward to your report!

Here's another great beer link:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4468884.stm

The 'beer googles effect' explained  ;D

An = number of units of alcohol consumed
S = smokiness of the room (graded from 0-10, where 0 clear air; 10 extremely smoky)
L = luminance of 'person of interest' (candelas per square metre; typically 1 pitch black; 150 as seen in normal room lighting)
Vo = Snellen visual acuity (6/6 normal; 6/12 just meets driving standard)
d = distance from 'person of interest' (metres; 0.5 to 3 metres)

.Walt

that was awesome.  favorite line "beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder" so true, so true.

dragonboy

I missed that line, that's SO classic!  ;D

Ghosts_on_TV

+

My favorite drink. Gonna sip on some tonight. While listening to...

Yay!

[smiley=thumbup.gif]
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

.Walt

i starting up. i'm doing to the old couple beers (coors light) in the shower trick. nothing better than a hot shower and a cold beer after 6 hours of school and 6 hours of work.

red

Quotei starting up. i'm doing to the old couple beers (coors light) in the shower trick. nothing better than a hot shower and a cold beer after 6 hours of school and 6 hours of work.

Thirsty Thursday hey?

I will be making my appearance in here sometime tomorrow.  But what to drink?  I think I want beer.  hmm

Ghosts_on_TV

Quotei starting up. i'm doing to the old couple beers (coors light) in the shower trick. nothing better than a hot shower and a cold beer after 6 hours of school and 6 hours of work.

Haha, you actually drink beer IN the shower?

.Walt

Haha, you actually drink beer IN the shower?

one of my buddies told he does that, and i was shocked too. then i tried it. i was shocked again, cause i liked it. wait i loved it.

.Walt

Thirsty Thursday hey?

I will be making my appearance in here sometime tomorrow.  But what to drink?  I think I want beer.  hmm

good, tomorrow i'm going with a Japanese beer db suggested. but i'm just going to drink at home tonight. my roommate and i are going to watch spinal tap together. (you guys don't think any less of me?)

Ghosts_on_TV

Thirsty Thursday hey?

good, tomorrow i'm going with a Japanese beer db suggested. but i'm just going to drink at home tonight. my roommate and i are going to watch spinal tap together. (you guys don't think any less of me?)

For watching This is Spinal Tap? That movie is fucking classic. Or for not going out? I'm confused...I didn't go out tonight either. I am drinking though. See above.

red

Drinking in the shower?  Now that's a new one.