The 'Anyone Else Drinkin'?' Thread...

Started by dragonboy, Aug 24, 2006, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarmerYoda

red

QuoteHey guys!!!

whats up red, are you drinking? i assume you are.  so then what are you drinking?

i'm starting with a four pack of english ales Tetleys.
A friend and I are throwing back the Alexander Keith India Pale Ale's.  Great beer.

Just finished watching Dazed and Confused (not much better!) and now it's time for a Teen Wolf double-header.

I love long weekends.

BH

QuoteHey BH, it's just you and me and I only have 7 more posts after this to become a senior member!!!  Did you find that pic of the tattoo? Or was that drunk talk...

(Two Buck Chuck tonight)

Yo!  I had my computer on but havn't been paying attention!  Looks like I'm too late.  

It was not drunk talk.   Voila......

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

joey_rogo

brewing right now guys.......an irish red.....it's gonna kick ass

vespachick

Ahh, you gotta love a man of his word - Thanks BH!  Wow, that doesn't look at all they way I thought it would.  Again, must purchase bigger television for important details like this. ;)  
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

sweatboard

Getting "classy" tonight with some budlight, getting more and more excited about Explosions In The Sky on Connan.  Listening to Joy Division, and playing the bass line to "She's Lost Control Again"  I watched 24hr. Party People last night for like the fourth time and it's better each time.  Icarus!!!!!!!!   Hey Girl, is going to have to cover some Joy Division, I can already play "warsaw" like a motherfucker.  
There's Still Time.........

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteGetting "classy" tonight with some budlight, getting more and more excited about Explosions In The Sky on Connan.  Listening to Joy Division, and playing the bass line to "She's Lost Control Again"  I watched 24hr. Party People last night for like the fourth time and it's better each time.  Icarus!!!!!!!!   Hey Girl, is going to have to cover some Joy Division, I can already play "warsaw" like a motherfucker.  

Yay! A fellow Joy Division Fan! You should cover Transmission. ME, I had 2 1/2 glasses of merlot tonight, and am listening to the new Bright Eyes ep.

"DANCE, DANCE, DANCE, DANCE, DANCE TO THE RADIO..."
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

sweatboard

Yes, Transmission would be a great one.  I really love the way Ian Curtis dances, I think that's how most people would dance if they weren't worried about what they looked like.

.Walt

QuoteGetting "classy" tonight with some budlight, getting more and more excited about Explosions In The Sky on Connan.  Listening to Joy Division, and playing the bass line to "She's Lost Control Again"  I watched 24hr. Party People last night for like the fourth time and it's better each time.  Icarus!!!!!!!!   Hey Girl, is going to have to cover some Joy Division, I can already play "warsaw" like a motherfucker.  

their going to be on conan tonight?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ratsprayer

i'm drinking samuel adams black lager at the moment, then in a bit i'll be having some pilsner urquell.  

.Walt

going to have a "couple" while i watch conan. coors lights is what will be drank.

sweatboard

I'm drkrunk.  I just had some left over vodka/orangejuice/pinnaplle/apple juice.  

Listening to the new modest mouse record..........*cough*

BH

:)  I can't wait for that album.   The first single is good but not my favorite.  At least that's my first impression.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

red

Quotegoing to have a "couple" while i watch conan. coors lights is what will be drank.
I'm convinced there's not a worse beer in the world.

sweatboard

Quotegoing to have a "couple" while i watch conan. coors lights is what will be drank.

Nati Ice Lite.

sweatboard

:)  I can't wait for that album.   The first single is good but not my favorite.  At least that's my first impression.

I don't know what the first single is but I can safely say that you will be very happy when you hear the entire album.  It's funny because I don't like listening to single songs when they leak but once the entire album leaks, I'm all over it.  I thought "Good News" was their best record yet, and I still really, really love their other stuff,  The new record is much like "Good News" but it's even better, I think.  They just keep getting better.  Johnny Marr = NICE FUCKING CHOICE!!!!  Apparently they have the guy from The Shins sing on the record and that works out nicely as well.

ratsprayer

i liked and still like GOOD NEWS, but i think it's their least best album, by far.  LONESOME CROWDED WEST and MOON AND ANTARCTICA have set the bar so high for modest mouse.  those are two of the best albums ever, flat out.

sweatboard

The production is totally diffrent.....To me the lyrics just keep building upon each other and getting better with each album as does the music.  I personally think a bunch of people heard the new production and started screaming "sell-out"  It's a shame because they still sound like the same band to me just more expensive production which I think they have taken full advantage of.  It remindes me of MMJ in some ways.

.Walt

Nati Ice Lite.

nati ice lite ;D

i don't like light beers, but if i do its coors. i just shotgun them anyways.

ratsprayer

QuoteThe production is totally diffrent.....To me the lyrics just keep building upon each other and getting better with each album as does the music.  I personally think a bunch of people heard the new production and started screaming "sell-out"  It's a shame because they still sound like the same band to me just more expensive production which I think they have taken full advantage of.  It remindes me of MMJ in some ways.

i don't think they've sold out at all.  i think isaac is just way beyond that.  i like GOOD NEWS quite a lot, i just don't think it stands as tall as their earlier stuff.  i don't mind the newer slick production, i just personally think the sloppier 'indie' sound benefits them more.  the new album sounds good though, and i'm digging it more and more with each listen.  i think the marr factor is way overplayed.  the new album has plenty of merit, whether he's in the band or not.