Re: hello all!

Started by nickdavies7, Jan 06, 2009, 05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickdavies7

Hi guys.

My name is Nick, and i come from beautiful Melbourne, Australia. First of all i am very happy to be part of this forum. I am becoming quite a big MMJ fan, and hope to enjoy many insightful discussions with you all.
As a quick background, i love music. My favourite bands (apart from MMJ) are the Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Mess Hall, Opeth, Sigur Ros, Rage Against The Machine, and many others.
I only got into My Morning Jacket last year when i picked up Evil Urges, and i was simply blown away with the charisma of the band. From there i immediately went into the back catalogue. At this point in time 'It Still Moves' is my favourite album.
I am seeing MMJ on their upcoming Australian tour, but i will see them once out of a possible three shows, mainly for reasons beyond my control.

Thanks guys,

Nick D :)
Signatures are over rated

weeniebeenie

Hi Nick! :)
There is a thread in the Shows section about the Oz tour. You should check it out.
How loud can silence get?

ycartrob

a special "down under" salute:

capt. scotty

QuoteHi guys.

My name is Nick, and i come from beautiful Melbourne, Australia. First of all i am very happy to be part of this forum. I am becoming quite a big MMJ fan, and hope to enjoy many insightful discussions with you all.

You will quickly learn insightful discussions to no go on much round these parts...welcome

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

Hey Nick!   I hope the show you are going to is the first of the three, because after you see the first one, you will find out that those reasons ARE NOT beyond your control! ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

nickdavies7

Thanks guys,
I appreciate the Australian pictures...Everyone is still mourning heath ledger. It has been a year FFS! lol. I would also have appreciated some pics of australian beers, not fosters though, coz everyone here hates it!

Well the reason i am only seeing their sideshow is becuase Big Day Out is too expensive coz the bill isn't attractive enough. And the other show is opening for Neil Young, and that may have sold out. And tix to Neil Young are over $100.
Their sideshow will be amazing. And they will be back, so i will re quench my thirst then.

capt. scotty

QuoteThanks guys,
I appreciate the Australian pictures...Everyone is still mourning heath ledger. It has been a year FFS! lol. I would also have appreciated some pics of australian beers, not fosters though, coz everyone here hates it!

Blasphemy!! Foster's is Australian for beer...Isnt your flag Crocodile Dundee drinking a Foster's??!?!?!

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

On a musical note....

nickdavies7

I don't know many people who drink foster's lol.

Respect on John Butler Trio...