NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

I HOPE and PRAY Beanie Wells plays. NO EXCUSES !!!!!!! Plus it will definitely make for a better ball game. Dawgs and SCarolina on Saturday..Dark...Were grilling 3 chickens on Saturday :)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

aMillionDreams

Sucks about Beanie, but the Bucks have depth.  RC is right, no excuses.  I won't make excuses either way.  I'm sure if OSU wins though we'll hear about how USC was really a paper tiger next to the top 5 SEC teams, even if we win without Beanie.  I'm ready.  Let's do this thing!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

The DARK

QuoteI HOPE and PRAY Beanie Wells plays. NO EXCUSES !!!!!!! Plus it will definitely make for a better ball game. Dawgs and SCarolina on Saturday..Dark...Were grilling 3 chickens on Saturday :)

I'm at the game!!! But c'mon, we all know that hotdogs are essential tailgate cuisine.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

Angry Ewok

Wow, Pete Carroll is 39-3 at home.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

TheBigChicken

Don't look now but NC put a MEGA ASS WHOOPIN' on Rutgers. Butch Davis knows how to coach folks...

Crispy

QuoteDon't look now but NC put a MEGA ASS WHOOPIN' on Rutgers. Butch Davis knows how to coach folks...
Wow, that was like a Mack Brown UNC team - Butch Davis is yet another example of why college coaches should stop jumping to head coach in the NFL. I can understand why they do it, the $$$, and more of a level playing field where every team has at least some shot to win a championship. That's the thing that drives me mad about college football - it's the greatest sport in the land with the absolute worst championship system.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Penny Lane

QuoteWow, Pete Carroll is 39-3 at home.

wow--we'll be no 4?! nice!!!

32 hours!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ycartrob

let's hear some real predictions OSU fans; (haven't seen a USC fan here), penny, dylan? For real, what will happen tomorrow night?

My prediction is USC-27  Ohio State-9

(although I think USC has a chance of blowing them out of the yard)

BH

I'll be rooting hard for OSU, but I don't feel good about it.  OSU's defense will keep it reasonable.

USC    31    OSU  17
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

primushead

QuoteDon't look now but NC put a MEGA ASS WHOOPIN' on Rutgers. Butch Davis knows how to coach folks...

I loved it!!!  

Did you see Mr. Davis in the press room afterwards?  No emotion...very business like.  Beats the HELL out of John Bunting.  

Oh right, tomorrow's game.

USC 42 OSU 24

bold99

QuoteWow, Pete Carroll is 39-3 at home.

wow--we'll be no 4?! nice!!!

32 hours!

40-3 seems like a nice round number
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

aMillionDreams

Quotelet's hear some real predictions OSU fans; (haven't seen a USC fan here), penny, dylan? For real, what will happen tomorrow night?

OSU 31  USC 27

but I may be underestimating my boys, listening to too much hype.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Penny Lane

Quotelet's hear some real predictions OSU fans; (haven't seen a USC fan here), penny, dylan? For real, what will happen tomorrow night?

OSU 31  USC 27

but I may be underestimating my boys, listening to too much hype.

Good guys 27  Sunburns  17

Angry Ewok

My picks, since everyone loves it when I'm dead wrong.  ;D

#3 Oklahoma over Washington, #6 Missouri over Nevada, #7 LSU over North Texas, #12 Texas Tech over Primary School, #15 Arizona State over UNLV, and Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, and Ole Miss will all come away with W's, too.

#1 USC over Ohio
Should be a very good game, unless you're a Buckeye. I'm expecting a total blowout. 56 to 0. I really don't think OSU will score a single offensive touchdown against the Trojans... these guys are so good, they should be investigated.

#2 Georgia over South Carolina (UPSET ALERT)
Georgia should win, but they should have won last year, too. South Carolina just lost to Vanderbilt, now they're at home and they've got an opportunity to redeem themselves by beating one of the best teams in the nation - which happens to be a division and conference opponent. I'll pick Georgia to win by three TD's, but this will be a dangerously close game in the first half, I think.

#9 Auburn over Mississippi State (UPSET ALERT)
Auburn is a great team, but MSU is coming off of a ridiculous loss and they've got an opportunity now to redeem themselves with a win at home and over a Top 10 opponent who just happens to be in the same division and conference. Auburn wins by 2 TD's, but it'll be close early.

#21 Fresno State over #10 Wisconsin (UPSET ALERT)
My big upset pick of the week. Not that anyone cares about this game. I just like what I see with Fresno State and I think Wisconsin is over-rated.

Tulane over #14 East Carolina (UPSET ALERT)
Actually, THIS is my big upset pick of the week! The only reason I mention this one is because Tulane was very, very good last week at Alabama. Bama beat them up pretty bad, but they've probably got plenty of gas to keep this one close. Those guys are giant killers in the making.

...and the game of the week...

[size=14]#11 Alabama over Western Kentucky[/size]
Look for the Crimson Tide to continue a season that has yet to allow a single defensive touchdown. We'll be extremely disruptive with our defense, our special teams should light up the scoreboard, and our offense will likely continue to scare its fans with its mediocrity.

Alabama 35
W. Kentucky 6

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

mjkoehler

What no Nebraska prediction? And against a powerhouse such as New Mexico State?

Actually, this probably will not be a blowout as the Husker defense is pretty much non existant. They've given up around 400 yards of offense each their first 2 games. I'm thinking around 300 yard this week. Thankfully their offense is rollin to help compensate.

Penny Lane

i really hope you're wrong about our game, but i like the upset SC pick over GA. i was predicting that as well.

TheBigChicken

Quotei really hope you're wrong about our game, but i like the upset SC pick over GA. i was predicting that as well.
You know where you can put your crystal ball ?

ycartrob

Quotei really hope you're wrong about our game, but i like the upset SC pick over GA. i was predicting that as well.
You know where you can put your crystal ball ?

Well? Where!?!?!

(the suspense is killing me  ::))

capt. scotty

That Kansas/South FLA game last night was awesome

what a comeback in the 2nd half
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

The DARK

rccola, your team does not deserve to be #2 in the nation. Not after that pitiful performance against South Carolina WITHOUT Kenny McKinley, their go-to reciever. You know as well as I do that we could have easily won.
In another time, in another place, in another face