NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

Quoterccola, your team does not deserve to be #2 in the nation. Not after that pitiful performance against South Carolina WITHOUT Kenny McKinley, their go-to reciever. You know as well as I do that we could have easily won.
you are right about that. uga turned the ball over 3 times and had countless penalties. what a bad ballgame..you guys should have won but that's just a sign of how BAD SC really IS...SC should have beat UGA by 14..3 turnovers   shit almighy :-/ Florida might kill us :(
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TheBigChicken

21-3  I stayed up for this....Penny where are you ;Dmy glass ball looks gloomy :-/

easy way

Phew! Auburn over Miss St. 3-2. I was sweatin' this one out...
:D
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

TheBigChicken

QuotePhew! Auburn over Miss St. 3-2. I was sweatin' this one out...
This is the football not baseball thread ;D ;D ;D

TheBigChicken

27-3 Is a rout on?
                       - B. Mustburger

TheBigChicken

35-3 yes it is...Wow USC looks great and UGA looked like CRAP today..jeez....happy wkend everyone...even you penny :) :)

bearass

usc vs osu has been a super let down at least mizzou will move up, hopefully they will jump over georgia too

easy way

QuotePhew! Auburn over Miss St. 3-2. I was sweatin' this one out...
This is the football not baseball thread ;D ;D ;D

Ha! No shit brother...what a score. They should've just put the punters in the octagon.   ;D
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

TheBigChicken

Quoteusc vs osu has been a super let down at least mizzou will move up, hopefully they will jump over georgia too
Mizzou looks GOOD bro but don't get carried away... :P

Angry Ewok

Alabama looked pretty decent, but the offense is still mediocre thanks to a lackluster passing performance. The defense allowed the first touchdown of the season, but by that point Saban was already clearing the benches with third and fourth string true freshmen... Final Score was 41 - 7...

I'm curious to see where we move in the polls, next week. Hard to believe Alabama is going to be in the Top 10, because the rank hasn't been earned... The real season begins next week.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Angry Ewok

QuoteFlorida might kill us :(

Georgia loves to play down to the competition, so I wouldn't be too concerned about Florida killing the guys in black. UGA barely, barely beat an Alabama team that would finish the season 7-6... but they usually pull off the W. Last I saw, Richt's away game record is nearly perfect.

capt. scotty

Yeah, I think USC is legit and basically everyone else is playing to be there opponent. Im not so sure any of the other top teams have a good enough D to have a shot against them, but well see

Id put the Sooners at 2 and Mizzou at 3 right now though

MMJ Note - anyone noticed they played Im Amazed during the USC game?!? It was going into the commercial break after OSU punted with a little over 14 minutes left in the 2nd. They played the later part of the bridge/solo...pretty sweet
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

aMillionDreams

Wow.  That sucked!  No excuses.  We got beat by a better team.  Our season's not lost, but close to it.  Damn.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

TheBigChicken

QuoteWow.  That sucked!  No excuses.  We got beat by a better team.  Our season's not lost, but close to it.  Damn.
Truthfully, I NEVER thought Ohio State would get blown out...Do you think USC is really THAT good or maybe a mediocre State team.

Angry Ewok

The poll is running late, today, but I think we'll see something like this...

1. USC
2. Oklahoma
3. Georgia
4. Florida
5. Missouri
6. LSU
7. Texas
8. Alabama

9. Wisconsin
10. Auburn

I'm thinking Georgia could be dropped down to 5th, but hopefully the pollsters will take into consideration that their sluggish win this weekend was an away game against Spurrier.

Auburn should drop two slots. Their offense has been embarrassingly impotent for all the hype they've got about it. Good ol' Spread Eagle offense.

I'd rather Alabama not leap frog Wisconsin, because we're really not a Top 10 team, but since the Badgers had a scare this weekend, it's possible.

Angry Ewok

QuoteTruthfully, I NEVER thought Ohio State would get blown out...Do you think USC is really THAT good or maybe a mediocre State team.

USC is that good, and Ohio is that over-rated. We'll see what the Buckeyes have got when they visit a supposedly Top 10 Wisconsin and a should-be Top 15 Penn State.

Speakings of... that old man Joe must be pissed off about something. I don't really follow that sad conference, but from the box scores he seems to be running the score up like a madman these past few games. I wonder if he'll ever get them to a title game again?

TheBigChicken

I guess that Nick Satan kool aid is tasting pretty sweet right now eh Ewok. I got a feeling things could get ugly on the board this year....cue Tracy...

Angry Ewok

Meh, our season hasn't even started yet, so I'm not getting too excited. Alabama has one of the hardest schedules in the SEC, considering we'll be facing four opponents this year in the Top 10 (3 of the 4 are away games), and every single one of our division opponents has a BYE week before facing us. Ouch.

I predicted 9-3 and that's overly optimistic. I'm expecting a loss to @ Georgia, @ LSU, and someone we shouldn't lose to (Auburn, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Miss State, @ Tennessee, take your pick, really, they're all pretty solid teams).

Just give me a W against @ Tennessee and Auburn and I'll be satisfied this year.

PS. USA Today just posted their poll. These guys are morons, but I agree with their Top 5 picks...

1. USC (57) 2-0 1,518
2. Oklahoma (1) 3-0 1,423
3. Georgia (2) 3-0 1,393
4. Florida (1) 2-0 1,335
5. Missouri 3-0 1,294

...and Notre Dame received 5 votes.

Angry Ewok

AP Top 25

1. USC (61) 2-0 1,596
2. Oklahoma 3-0 1,485
3. Georgia (2) 3-0 1,437
4. Florida (1) 2-0 1,414
5. Missouri 3-0 1,389

6. LSU 2-0 1,274
7. Texas 2-0 1,140
8. Wisconsin 3-0 1,076
9. Alabama 3-0 982
10. Auburn 3-0 958

11. Texas Tech 3-0 904
12. South Florida 3-0 801
13. Ohio State 2-1 800
14. Brigham Young 3-0 788
15. East Carolina 3-0 781

16. Penn State 3-0 779
17. Oregon 3-0 679
18. Wake Forest 2-0 482
19. Kansas 2-1 445
20. Utah 3-0 428

21. West Virginia 1-1 179
22. Illinois 2-1 163
23. Clemson 2-1 160
24. Florida State 2-0 146
25. Fresno State 1-1 121

ycartrob

QuoteI guess that Nick Satan kool aid is tasting pretty sweet right now eh Ewok. I got a feeling things could get ugly on the board this year....cue Tracy...

actually, today, I am steering away from the ugliness.   :-/

This is shaping up to be a great college football season, and mainly b/c Ole Miss actually has a quarterback. We'll see what happens.