NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

QuoteI thought the eyes were the first thing to go old man!!!

no.  I think it's distinguishing the fact that Fort Valley State at Valdosta State is college football; I guess it's all downhill from here   :-/

mjkoehler

If you find yourself betting on that game, YOU have a problem. Seriously never heard of either school.

ycartrob

QuoteIf you find yourself betting on that game, YOU have a problem. Seriously never heard of either school.

reminds me of waiting tables in college and people pulling out absurd bets on the WAC games around 9 PM to try to make up for a bad day. Midnight, pulling hard for Hawaii to beat Fresno St and some crazy shit like that, having no idea how good/bad either team is, just knowing you have to make up the money, some how, for Michigan St blowing that 16 point lead to Notre Dame and costing you a couple of dimes....   I don't miss that!

TheBigChicken

QuoteIf you find yourself betting on that game, YOU have a problem. Seriously never heard of either school.
Sadly being a Georgia native, I know where BOTH those schools are :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Penny Lane

QuoteStep 3: Don't schedule USC.

beating USC is going to be the first step in redeeming ourselves against the SEC ;-)  as for the sweater vest, that is a strategic plan so the players can always see him on the sidelines. oh and it's damn sexy, too. i have one myself--
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ycartrob

beating USC is going to be the first step in redeeming ourselves against the SEC --

USC is in the Pac 10

Penny Lane

beating USC is going to be the first step in redeeming ourselves against the SEC --

USC is in the Pac 10

beating a non-BIG TEN or non-MAC team will help redeem us-our schedule last year was embarassing

TheBigChicken

USC is in the Pac 10

beating a non-BIG TEN or non-MAC team will help redeem us-our schedule last year was embarassing
hell beat someone besides old blue....you know the "M" word ;D

ycartrob

USC is in the Pac 10

hell beat someone besides old blue....you know the "M" word ;D

wow, beating a non-SEC team will redeem the buckeyes against the SEC?  ;D   it's worse than I thought!

EAZYE

QuoteJust in case y'all want to brush up on this year's National Champion....

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/news/story?id=3479719&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d3479719

Easy there BH let's win your conference first.  Hope to see you the first week of December ;)

I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

bowl of soup

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Another day, another "Nick Saban football is just like war" reference.  We love you Nicky.  From the Sporting News:

HOOVER, Ala. -- Nick Saban is at it again.
Known for making some interesting references, the Alabama coach went back into movie/war mode on Thursday when responding to LSU coach Les Miles' derogatory remarks about the Crimson Tide.
Miles told supporters on Sunday not to get too excited about their win against 'Bama last season because "it seems like a lot of teams in Louisiana beat that team," a dig at UA's loss to Louisiana Monroe last season.
Saban said:
"Well, he told the truth. He told it like it was. So you know, we need to earn it."
Now comes the good part, when he cites the 1998 film "Saving Private Ryan."
"You know, that's what the guy told Private Ryan. Private Ryan told Tom Hanks on the bridge after 12 guys got killed getting him out of there, Tom Hanks says, 'Earn this.'
"We need to earn the respect. We need to earn it. So that's what we need to do. That's what we'll work to do. That's what we're trying to do."
At least he got the reference correct. Go to about the 7:00 mark.

Fun side story, as Saban was saying this, someone behind me asked, "Is he having a stroke?"
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ycartrob

[size=24]4 weeks[/size]
[size=24]28 days[/size]

Penny Lane

F Carson Palmer! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! i can't wait for USC.

TheBigChicken

QuoteF Carson Palmer! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! i can't wait for USC.

Penny,how do you like your crow? Broiled ,fried,or sauteed? For your sake I hope the "Luck-Eyes" go un-defeated

ycartrob

QuoteF Carson Palmer! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! i can't wait for USC.

Are all Ohio State fans homophobic?  jeeeez, how tasteless.

I guess your logic is that since Palmer plays for the bungles, then he should be an Ohio State fan, since he went to USC? Well, how would you feel if Ted Ginn started pulling for U of Miami  just b/c he plays for the Dolphins? You'd be on board with that, right? Former Buckeye pulling for Miami over Ohio St. b/c he plays for the Dolphins? Get a grip (or a clue?).

TheBigChicken

Awww SHIT....stoke the fire,the gas can IS ready

TheBigChicken

Sept !3 can't get here fast enough. 8:00 USC v OSU

EAZYE

Pennylane, just want to ask you a question, and i think i know the answer as you seem to be a legitimate fan(however diluted your thoughts are), after the trojans do unspeakable things to your buckeyes are you going to come back on here and own up to it.  There was a notable buckeye fan on this board in the past who wore people out with all that buckeye talk but when they lost there was a laundry list of excuses.  

Let me say that my alma matter, I think, is pretty comparable to yours.  I root for the finest football team in all the land OU.  We both lost back to back national title games.  Both coaches won the title in the second year at the school after long championship droughts, etc. etc. etc....   Anywhoo just wanted to say good luck on the year, and hope to see you in here on Sept. 14th talking about how you guys can still get in the title game ;)  I mean, you'll have a shot, you play in the Big 10 :-/
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Penny Lane

QuotePennylane, just want to ask you a question, and i think i know the answer as you seem to be a legitimate fan(however diluted your thoughts are), after the trojans do unspeakable things to your buckeyes are you going to come back on here and own up to it.  There was a notable buckeye fan on this board in the past who wore people out with all that buckeye talk but when they lost there was a laundry list of excuses.  

Let me say that my alma matter, I think, is pretty comparable to yours.  I root for the finest football team in all the land OU.  We both lost back to back national title games.  Both coaches won the title in the second year at the school after long championship droughts, etc. etc. etc....   Anywhoo just wanted to say good luck on the year, and hope to see you in here on Sept. 14th talking about how you guys can still get in the title game ;)  I mean, you'll have a shot, you play in the Big 10 :-/

i will be on here regardless! don't worry---i grew up in the john cooper era, not the woody hayes era, so i'm used to being dissappointed, not to mention the last couple of years. i will eat crow and take all the abuse IF by some chance USC beats us by a FG in the last few secs (because that's all it would be!) you can copy and paste and quote me--i don't care. i love my team, i love my coach and yes, i love our homophobic, racist ohioan fans---that's how i roll. i can't change where i came from--oh and i think making fun of a QB's sexual prowess is the only way ohioans could fight back--so yeah, it was cheap and immature--but don't take it so seriously---i would hate us, too if i was carson palmer....umm..but i'm not so go buckeyes, come Sept 13th, IT's ALL HAPPENING ;D

now check this out---this is great
http://nextround.net/2008/07/25/20-mangino-inspired-our-coach-shirts-for-other-college-football-programs/

bowl of soup

Did you say racist?  Let me tell you a story...  Uh, no.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.