Started by ycartrob, Feb 05, 2009, 04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMillionDreams

I don't think I can go there.  
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

BH

Wow.  My heart hurts.

(I'll be trying that in the spring at least once.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jaimoe

I'd sample some of those... if they were from organic bred hogs and/or naturally raised.

BH

Quoteorganic bred hogs    -    naturally raised.

Aren't those oxymorons?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

capt. scotty

I know people who have actually made these...they looked nasty to me though, and I typically do not eat the healthiest foods.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

Aren't those oxymorons?

Not where I'm from. I eat organic bacon all the time... that is when I can afford it. I have organic salami in the fridge and it should go nicely on my pizza tonight.

goose

I am a meat man by far.  But that, that is the meaning of glutton.  I couldn't imagine.  Although.... it is probably delicious.  If you make it through the meal without a heart attack.

Hooked on four like one, two, three

aMillionDreams

Aren't those oxymorons?

Not where I'm from. I eat organic bacon all the time... that is when I can afford it. I have organic salami in the fridge and it should go nicely on my pizza tonight.

My wife and I are going to try to go completely organic (in food and garden) by this summer. My lawn/garden has been completely organic for two years and we are going to start buying meat in bulk from local, organic farms and grow lots more of our own veggies in the summer.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

mjkoehler

Aren't those oxymorons?

My wife and I are going to try to go completely organic (in food and garden) by this summer. My lawn/garden has been completely organic for two years and we are going to start buying meat in bulk from local, organic farms and grow lots more of our own veggies in the summer.
Good for you. We did on the garden a couple years ago. The hog we get every year is organic. Organic meats taste better. The bacon we get are uncured which is great. All you need is season them with salt and peppper or lemon pepper when you make it. Cook it on the Foreman grill as it's fast and makes it flat and crispy. If you go the beef route, go for gas feed organic. Much leaner and very tasty. Needless to say.......

I freakin want to eat this glorious piece of meat!

Jaimoe

If you can't go organic all the time, I recommend naturally raised meats. It's damn close to organic and it's ethical. I'm from Toronto and we're fortunate to have many naturally raised butcher shops and just as many organic ones. We also have several grocery stores that are stictly organic (although occassionally they carry naturally raised turkey and chicken).

One thing to look for when you buy organic produce is to see where the fruit and vegetables are grown. For example, I'm a little leery of apples from Peru and oranges from Israel. I'm fairly confident that the fruit and vegetables grown in Canada and the US are the best and are monitored at the highest level for quality.

Hey, what is everyone's thoughts on Fair Trade and/or organic coffee? I buy it all the time. I also try to avoid giant coffee conglomerates - I admit that I like Tim Horton's and Second Cup (Canadian chains), but I don't go there regularly. The only American franchise with any clout in Canada is Starbucks, but it has lots of competition and is clearly not #1 in any Canadian market. Starbucks is actually pulling out of the Maritime Provinces (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland) because it's getting hammered by Tim Horton's.

mjkoehler

You hit the nail on the head with Free Trade Organic coffee. You have to be careful as there are some that may be FTO, but they not necessarily ethical. Also look for shade grown.

Jaimoe

QuoteYou hit the nail on the head with Free Trade Organic coffee. You have to be careful as there are some that may be FTO, but they not necessarily ethical. Also look for shade grown.

I know. Some of the organic FT companies go around and buy up smaller companies - we how the rest goes.