Main Menu

burning up

Started by ali, Feb 08, 2009, 08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali

hottest day ever in victoria (the state i live in) on saturday - around 46, 47 degrees celsius (114-116F) in the city, in some areas even hotter with very strong north winds... over 100 people have died in the fires so far, it's just awful.

pray for rain for us
love a song for the way it makes you feel

dragonboy

The fires are on BBC World right now. I was so shocked to learn that some were arson, even more shocked to learn that some were intentionally re-started once they were put out?!

Hope it cools down soon. Stay safe & take care!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Buckles

It's just so so sad. I know several people who have lost their homes. Thankfully they're all safe though. They were very lucky.

Speaking of lucky, the camping area I left yesterday was evacuated today due to the fire danger... talk about good timing on our part. I'm definitely breathing a sigh of relief today.

The fact that some of these fires are believed to have been deliberately lit (and RE-LIT!!??) just makes my blood boil  >:(

Hang 'em high, I say.

weeniebeenie

We're really lucky here in Sydney today. It's only 20C (68F).
Hope everyone in VIC is staying safe.
How loud can silence get?

crazylove

Our Hearts and prayers go out to you.
Quotehottest day ever in victoria (the state i live in) on saturday - around 46, 47 degrees celsius (114-116F) in the city, in some areas even hotter with very strong north winds... over 100 people have died in the fires so far, it's just awful.

pray for rain for us
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ms. yvon

be safe all of you!  the news from victoria is heartbreaking.

cool, windless, damp air vibes.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

MarkW

Stay safe, Ali.  I'd happily send you some of our snow/rain/flooding if I could...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side