NCAA Hoops 2008-8009!!!!!!!

Started by primushead, Oct 30, 2008, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

QuoteAnd ROFL at Kansas against Texas Tech last night...a 20 point loss to a team that has only one TWO conference games.  Ouch.

I heard Sherron Collins was talking pre-game about how good it will feel to celebrate their conference title in a visiting locker room.

ouch!  ;D

BH

QuoteAnd ROFL at Kansas against Texas Tech last night...a 20 point loss to a team that has only one TWO conference games.  Ouch.

I heard Sherron Collins was talking pre-game about how good it will feel to celebrate their conference title in a visiting locker room.

ouch!  ;D

Ha!  Awesome.   What a turn around from 4 days ago.  KU fans were doing some serious trash talking Monday morning and I must admit, I'm feeling a bit smug today. :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

If you haven't seen Devan Downey of South Carolina you need to.
They play Tennessee tonight at 7 EST on ESPN

ycartrob

Pitt vs U Conn today......

Pitt up by 7 half way through the 1st half. Man, they got it on the inside, they got it on the outside, they can run... When they're on, I don't think there's a better team in college b-ball.

BTW, headdy, after seeing the Pitt cheerleaders, I see why you were all over those pics of Ole Miss coeds like a maggot on a squirrel carcass. You'd last about 4 minutes in Oxford before being arrested!  ;D

ycartrob

Sam Young, wow. Pitt's my band wagon team for the tourney.

He reminds me of me...

capt. scotty

QuotePitt vs U Conn today......

Pitt up by 7 half way through the 1st half. Man, they got it on the inside, they got it on the outside, they can run... When they're on, I don't think there's a better team in college b-ball.

BTW, headdy, after seeing the Pitt cheerleaders, I see why you were all over those pics of Ole Miss coeds like a maggot on a squirrel carcass. You'd last about 4 minutes in Oxford before being arrested!  ;D

I just got back from class, and forgot to DVR it, but I guess that means they won. Looks like Blair didnt even get a double-double and they still won, even more impressive. Big ups to Levance Fields for being questionable with a tailbone injury but still delivering 10 pts, 12 dimes, and a 6 to 1 TO ratio. As long as Blair stays out of foul trouble (did he get 3 early or what? he only had 28 minutes), this team is going to at least the final four.

And yes, Pitt's cheerleaders are abhorrent. Thank god I went to Penn State  [smiley=laugh.gif]. Ben Howland's daughter was even a Pitt cheerleader for christ sake. I honestly dont know how they consistently get a cheer squad of like all 6-7's and one 9. I could seriously put together a better looking ragtag group of cheerleaders just from girls from my highschool who went there. Pathetic.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

aMillionDreams

How come everyone's sleeping on the cards all of sudden?  The announcers last night said UofL might get a number one seed in the tourney if they win the big east tourney. There should be no maybe about it, if we win the Big East regular season outright (already did that) and we win the Big East tourney there is no way we are not a number one seed.  UofL is 7-1 against ranked opponents including a win over Pitt.  Who gets in over them over than UCONN (depending on how they fare in the tourney) and possibly UNC?  

btw, anyone want to argue against the Big East being the toughest conference this year? Who thinks they will get three number one seeds this year? If UofL beats Pitt in the Big East tourny I think they'll have to give UofL, UConn, and Pitt a number 1
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

BH

It's hard for me to argue that the Big East is not the best conference since by all accounts and everything I've watched, they seem like the best conference.  However, recent history has shown that UConn, PITT and Louisville have all failed pretty miserably in the big dance in the past, so I'm looking forward to seeing if this year is any different.  I can tell you one thing, the past is going to make me chose between UNC and OU for my champion in my bracket.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

btw, anyone want to argue against the Big East being the toughest conference this year?

I will. I think the SEC has the best conference this year. We're locked to get 6 teams in , maybe 7. We dominate.

Next is Conference USA...

(seriously though, I watched the "bubble match" yesterday between Florida and Kentucky, mostly b/c I wanted to see KY lose, and it was one of the worst basketball games I have ever seen. If KY were in the Big East they'd go 7-11 or 6-12 or probably worse.)

primushead

Yeah, didn't Kentucky have like 19 points in the first half?  Ugh.

(Go Heels, beat dook)

capt. scotty

btw, anyone want to argue against the Big East being the toughest conference this year?

I will. I think the SEC has the best conference this year. We're locked to get 6 teams in , maybe 7. We dominate.

;D

This isnt football chief
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

bowl of soup

Don't all of the big conferences just kind of suck this year.  Even the Big East.  Get past the top 3 in every conference and it just sucks.  I hope they leave out all of the middle tier teams (including my beloved Terps) from all of the big conferences and open up some spots for the little guys.

So we really need to see the likes of Maryland, Villanova, Kentucky, Florida, Michigan, etc., this year?
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

aMillionDreams

QuoteDon't all of the big conferences just kind of suck this year.  Even the Big East.  Get past the top 3 in every conference and it just sucks.  I hope they leave out all of the middle tier teams (including my beloved Terps) from all of the big conferences and open up some spots for the little guys.

So we really need to see the likes of Maryland, Villanova, Kentucky, Florida, Michigan, etc., this year?

Agreed.  Although Nova and Marquette deserve a spot in the dance.  I'd love to see more cinderellas get into the ball.

BH- I don't think you can say UofL has failed miserably in the past tournaments, they lost to UNC in the Elite 8 last year and were in the Final Four three years ago.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

BH

BH- I don't think you can say UofL has failed miserably in the past tournaments, they lost to UNC in the Elite 8 last year and were in the Final Four three years ago.

I'll give you that for sure.  It was mostly UConn and Pitt that I had in mind when I made that statement.   Plus I forgot about the Cardinals Final 4 appearance.