What's the Current Temperature?

Started by mother_earth, Dec 06, 2007, 11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatswhatshesaid

Quote10F dayton ohio. i guess that would feel warm in toronto right now.

Nope. It's colder in Dayton than it is in Toronto right now. 10F is -12C. Current temp in downtown Toronto is -8C, which is around 12F.
oh yeah. you all use the much more efficient metric system. my bad. sometimes i forget how to read. you know Cs and Fs, they are all the same! ;D ;D ;D

Jaimoe

Nope. It's colder in Dayton than it is in Toronto right now. 10F is -12C. Current temp in downtown Toronto is -8C, which is around 12F.
oh yeah. you all use the much more efficient metric system. my bad. sometimes i forget how to read. you know Cs and Fs, they are all the same! ;D ;D ;D

I mean no disrespect with my earlier metric comments being more efficient. Metric is the more accurate measurement, by far actually. However, I'll never switch to metres when measuring height (of a person) and kilograms when measuring body-weight. I also like the power of having a 100 mph fastball. I also didn't like having to live in a non-airconditioned apartment last summer with temperatures often in the high 90's F (I live in a pre-metric building) not including humidity.

thatswhatshesaid

I mean no disrespect with my earlier metric comments being more efficient. Metric is the more accurate measurement, by far actually. However, I'll never switch to metres when measuring height (of a person) and kilograms when measuring body-weight. I also like the power of having a 100 mph fastball. I also didn't like having to live in a non-airconditioned apartment last summer with temperatures often in the high 90's F (I live in a pre-metric building) not including humidity.
oh man, i didnt think you were being a celcius snob. i so wish we would start using the metric system in america, but that would mean that we would be doing something that makes sense.

Jaimoe

oh man, i didnt think you were being a celcius snob. i so wish we would start using the metric system in america, but that would mean that we would be doing something that makes sense.

I believe track & field in the U.S. at higher levels has converted to metric, or at least is comfortable using it. The 100, 200, 400, 1500, 3000 etc... are all in metres as far as I know. There's no hope for the long-jump.

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Jaimoe

Currently it's -10C in the downtown of Tranna (Toronto), but it's supposed to warm up to -4 by the afternoon, and sunny to boot.

.Walt

yesterday 48F and sunny...today -5F with a wind chill of -33.  

[size=24]F OFF OLD MAN WINTER!!![/size]

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

red

Global warming does not exist, my proof:

Earlier today: -42C/-44F and -56C/-69F with the wind chill.

MarkW

QuoteGlobal warming does not exist, my proof:

Brrrrrrrrrrrr.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Jaimoe

QuoteGlobal warming does not exist, my proof:

It certainly exists, however it's always cold in the Prairie Provinces. It was 8C yesterday in Toronto. It's been a really mild winter, although your cold weather has hit Central US and Ontario, although the cold isn't as extreme: -8C with wind warnings.

bethofftherecord

yesterday 44 F in the am then down to -14 and windy.  wierd.

today
-6 in Madison, WI.  Wind chills of -45ish.  schools closed.  i still gotta go to work at 1 pm.  

come on spring!
nothing can be changed except ourselves

thatswhatshesaid

went from 52 to 14 F in dayton. lovely.

red

ugh, winter has finally found me: -39C (-38ish F)

>:(

getinthevan

I don't know the exact numbers, but in recent days in St. Johns, Michigan, I think it's been hovering somewhere just above absolute zero.  Today it's up to 27 (feels like, thus actually is, 14) and it feels like a heat wave.  Yep, can't wait to move south where it's regular cold and not super cold.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

TGMC421

59F with a high of 65F.  Come monday the high is only supposed to be 27F.  ::)

Sassbox

35 here...no wind, so not too bad (if you're an Inuit).
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

weeniebeenie

19C in Sydney which is 66F. Not bad.
How loud can silence get?

megalicious

it's in the 50's, but we are under a winter storm watch!
:-/
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

MMJ_fanatic

Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

LEATHER KID

38f in Columbia Tn.  (Mule Capital of the world!)
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!