The Official March Madness Thread

Started by primushead, Mar 11, 2009, 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tower

Hope you're right...it's just a question of which MSU team shows up.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

EAZYE

don't be doubting collins from kansas, he's legit.  don't watch much big 10 basketball cuz it's never on here but the jayhawks are the defending champions lest ye forget, they're no scrubs.  self vs. izzo will be the interesting matchup
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

capt. scotty

Quotedon't be doubting collins from kansas, he's legit.  don't watch much big 10 basketball cuz it's never on here but the jayhawks are the defending champions lest ye forget, they're no scrubs.  self vs. izzo will be the interesting matchup

Yeah, Nat'l champs minus Brandon Rush, Mario Chalmers, Darrell Arthur, Darnell Jackson, Russell Robinson, and Sasha Kaun  ::)

Unless Aldrich has another huge game, I think MSU takes that one.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

goose

I think I'm pretty much out of the running for this thing.  Still in it right now, but that MSU is going to kick my ass in the next two rounds.  I thought they would show up better than that.  When Vernardo got in foul trouble it was curtains.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

BH

Conference  /  Teams In  /  Teams Left  /  Record  /  Win. Perc.

Big East / 7 / 5 / 11-2 / 846%
Big XII  / 6 / 3 /  9-3  / 750%
Atla 10  / 3 / 1 /  3-2  / 600%
BIG 10  / 7 / 2 /  6-5  / 545%
PAC 10  / 6 / 1 /  6-5  / 545%
ACC      / 7 / 2 /  5-5  / 500%
Horizon  / 2 / 0 /  1-2  / 333%
SEC       / 3 / 0 /  1-3  / 250%
Mnt Wst  / 2 / 0 /  0-2  / 000%

So the Big East so far has held strong, the Big 12 has performed admirably and outside of Duke and NC, the ACC has been pretty BLAH.

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tower

Are we ready for the Big Ten/ACC Challenge...March version?  Like I've posted...the one in November is meaningless and ACC teams don't tend to get better over the season like Big Ten teams do.  Their domination in the early season "Challenge" seems like a faint memory and I don't think Duke makes it past the next round and UNC better look out, Gonzaga can score and I doubt they'll pull sleeping fits like LSU did.

Purdue will struggle with UConn but I like MSU's chances against a Kansas team that we've already beaten soundly.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

primushead

I'm worried less about Gonzaga than I was about LSU.  I knew LSU was big and could hit some three's.  That's all that kept them with us--all they did was jack up three's in the last 15 minutes and 4 or 5 just happened to go in.

That said, Gonzaga is smaller than LSU, so we should be able to penetrate more.  

AND they like to play up tempo...which fits perfectly with the heels.  If Lawson is back to 80/90% we'll be fine.

And I do see dook being knocked out by 'Nova.  Which would be lovely.

aMillionDreams

QuoteAre we ready for the Big Ten/ACC Challenge...March version?  Like I've posted...the one in November is meaningless and ACC teams don't tend to get better over the season like Big Ten teams do.  Their domination in the early season "Challenge" seems like a faint memory and I don't think Duke makes it past the next round and UNC better look out, Gonzaga can score and I doubt they'll pull sleeping fits like LSU did.

Purdue will struggle with UConn but I like MSU's chances against a Kansas team that we've already beaten soundly.

BowlofSoup and I have a bet on Big Ten vs ACC in the tourney.  Winner gets to choose the other person's avatar for a month. I'm liking my chances at this point.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

QuoteAre we ready for the Big Ten/ACC Challenge...March version?  Like I've posted...the one in November is meaningless and ACC teams don't tend to get better over the season like Big Ten teams do.  Their domination in the early season "Challenge" seems like a faint memory and I don't think Duke makes it past the next round and UNC better look out, Gonzaga can score and I doubt they'll pull sleeping fits like LSU did.

BowlofSoup and I have a bet on Big Ten vs ACC in the tourney.  Winner gets to choose the other person's avatar for a month. I'm liking my chances at this point.

I dont know, you each have 2 teams left but Id rather have UNC in my corner at this point.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

tower

The ACC might have one more team in the final four or championship game when it's all said and done (and they may not).  But my point is that in the early season when people were giving the Big Ten shit for not being overly competitive in that Challenge I maintain that the end of the season will show vastly different results, and it has...a dead heat.  

Big Ten was actually supposed to be down this year but the SEC's failings I think helped more of their team's get in the tourney.  The best news for the Big Ten is that I think the all Big Ten team is also all sophomores, could be interesting in a couple of years, eh?
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

BH

Can we all agree that when it comes to all around greatness in football AND basketball,  the Big XII reigns supreme?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

QuoteCan we all agree that when it comes to all around greatness in football AND basketball,  the Big XII reigns supreme?

pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  :D

BH

QuoteCan we all agree that when it comes to all around greatness in football AND basketball,  the Big XII reigns supreme?

I'll take that as a yes.

capt. scotty

I'll take that as a yes.

It was more like a hellz nah

capt. scotty

This Breaking News just in, Steph Curry's little bro Seth Curry - the leading freshman scorer in the USA at 20.2 PPG - is leaving Liberty University/University of Liberty (WTF it is  ;D) and transferring to PENN STATE!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

capt. scotty

March Madness includes the NIT, right ?!?!??!!!?

PENN STATE just made it to the Final 4 after beating Florida 71-62 @ Florida.

I knew Jamelle Cornley was a senior, but I didnt know the #1 3-Point shooter in the Big 10 at 46%, Stanley Pringle was a senior. shit. Hopefully the best season by PSU in nearly a decade and high schoolies knowing Talor Battle will be around another couple years gets some good recruits in Happy Valley though.

Huge game by Cornley BTW...23 points on 11/14 shooting with 12 boards. Oh yeah - HE HAD A DISLOCATED SHOULDER  :D...I actually think he might be drafted.

Ruckus

Doggin' It

My picks:

Purdue +7
'Nova   +2
Mizzou  +5.5

Thoughts?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

primushead

QuoteDoggin' It

My picks:

Purdue +7
'Nova   +2
Mizzou  +5.5

Thoughts?

Yep.  UNC +30....

Hopefully :D  Just for this guy.  He deserves it.

Ruckus

QuoteDoggin' It

My picks:

Purdue +7
'Nova   +2
Mizzou  +5.5

Thoughts?

Yep.  UNC +30....

Hopefully :D  Just for this guy.  He deserves it.

Thx 3xG

I'll take your advice to the bank ;)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

primushead

Great!  Bank on Tyler's Senior Year.

Think of it as James Worthy's Junior Year.  I hope it will be similiar.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suuy_tgOjo[/media]