bo w/everest in los angeles 11.18!

Started by ms_yvon, Nov 24, 2008, 11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms. yvon

last week everest had a bit of a homecoming show at the echoplex in los angeles.  a local radio station hosted the free show.  everest had a few guests in for the night including bo!

chief-o has been telling me about them for a year now, but i'd not seen everest before.  they sounded terrific!  i'm struggling to describe a concept that is musical...i'm not a musician.  hmm.  all i can think to say is:  these guys have it going on.  a few times during the show chief-o and i exchanged those smiling nods of, "oh yeah!"

it seemed that bo played almost every number with them. i only noticed a few where he was away.  i heard some fab fat organ chords and some cool piano.  

such a treat to see bo playing in this itty bitty venue and making music with these guys!  

for the record:  the other guests i remember were the watson twins.  they sang along for one number and it was lovely!
this is a pretty feeble description, but i don't know everest's material and it was almost a week ago.   ;)
if you were at the show, send up a flare!  chief o., i'm looking at you!   [smiley=beer.gif]
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ChiefOKONO

Excellent show.. they did some good jamming as well but seemed to hold back.
i loved the Rebels and the Roses and the guest appearances.  This band definitely has that spark and they seem to have grown a lot from last time i saw them.
They did a couple of new tunes which i don't quite remember but one had some strange hand clapping.  Very nice to see Bo there!!