Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteSeriously, the winner is (or should be):

My Dixie Wrecked

Go ahead, use it, say it outloud, spread the joy

knock knock
Who's There?

meggha

I heard of this band the other day, and think it's a great name: The Two Man Gentleman Band.
"Yeah, it's chaos, it's clocks, it's watermelons, it's everything."

el_chode

QuoteSeriously, the winner is (or should be):

My Dixie Wrecked

Go ahead, use it, say it outloud, spread the joy

knock knock
Who's There?

I Eat Mop
I'm surrounded by assholes

The DARK

Us

OR

Comma Splicers
In another time, in another place, in another face

Vadie Stark

Paris Hilton's Vagina

or ....... The Money Vacuum

edit: I signed up Feb 13  :) I know where that phrase came from. That is the funny part .. ;D Oh yeah,  ;D ;D ;D
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteUs

OR

Comma Splicers

I like the Comma Splicers. They could be a cover band that had live shows that were marked by absolutely destroying every cover song grammatically?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

capt. scotty

QuoteParis Hilton's Vagina

I want reparations if this band gets big

I dont think you even know where that phrase stemmed from though, ETB
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

weeniebeenie

I was in a band called Proctologists Anonymus (I did not make it up!!!!!) which later became Kamikazze Seahorse which later became In Love With Eddie Vedder (so if we ever peformed which never happened we could say,"Hi, we're in love with Eddie Vedder).

A band name I made up was:
The Coverts

I also really like band names like Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers or Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders. You get what I mean.

How loud can silence get?

el_chode

QuoteI've been in the Whoremoans, Manville, Jesus and the Dinosaurs, and Offended Midwestern Housewives.

Other considerations were Strapped for Cats and LMNOP (elemenohpee)

Manville was the one that went the little bit furthest, and we just got the name because the attic we practiced/played shows in was lined with "Manville" insulation with the name "Manville" everywhere.

Wha?  The Whoremoans are still kickin'...different band, I guess?

www.myspace.com/thewhoremoanssuck

Yeah that's not it. This was a freshman year of college band we put together for a talent show to provide balance to frat boys doing karaoake to boy bands and hip hop artists
I'm surrounded by assholes

Vadie Stark

QuoteParis Hilton's Vagina

I want reparations if this band gets big

I dont think you even know where that phrase stemmed from though, ETB
Good band name tho'

AMightyCaporal

my dad was once in a band called Fluorescent Onion back in the 60s
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Vadie Stark

QuoteSo.....

Im in a band. We are huge mmj fans. We are called the three of we. For now, anyway. We are talking about changing to [highlight]burnt reynolds[/highlight].

I was just wondering if any of you folks were in bands and ask you to post your names or just any interesting band names that you know of. Im not trying to steal any ideas here,  im just curious to see what you guys have to say. Since My Morning Jacket is one of the best names ever.

I'll start things off:

Equestrian Love Child - Its an old band of mine but the only other name i can think of right now.

w/Harry Chronic Jr

FACE

we went from MEATWOOD FLACK to TRUANCY to THE SURPRISERS to READS.
I like Reads.

FACE

also, my dad always suggests that we call ourselves "abuse of the chain".  it is me and my boyfriend struggling to play keyboards and drums and guitar all at the same time.

i'm not sure it works. sorry dad.

mjkoehler

I like Truancy, Jenny.

FACE

thanks mjk! i did too, but it was way too rebellious for little me.

LEATHER KID

I'm the drummer in Lawndart Casualty.    We also answer to LDC
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

red

Machine Gun Bitches (My friend's new band's temporary name.)

Laser Blade (My imaginary band.)

MickeyReds

Michael Gorgeous and the OH MY GOD! THE SNAKES GOT OUT!
As long as you keep a straight face...

Hawkeye

QuoteI've been in the Whoremoans, Manville, Jesus and the Dinosaurs, and Offended Midwestern Housewives.

Other considerations were Strapped for Cats and LMNOP (elemenohpee)

Manville was the one that went the little bit furthest, and we just got the name because the attic we practiced/played shows in was lined with "Manville" insulation with the name "Manville" everywhere.

Chode I saw a band called the Whoremoans maybe a week ago...I think the guys said they were from the Seattle area...would that have been the same band?  Or did they steal your band name?
We could.