Angry Ewok

Hey! I surf Gizmodo, too.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

TheRoof

QuoteHey! I surf Gizmodo, too.

It soothes the salvaged soul of a sinner sideways for sure
You Are Everything

Ruckus

I commend the administration for not making the panic inducing, reactionary response of closing borders as many nations have.  For those working in local school districts, I was curious what some of the preliminary meetings within your district regarding this situation have covered such as closings, sanitary measures, etc.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ycartrob

I did get some great information on talk radio today:

Did you know that swine flu is spread a lot like influenza?

Also, NOW is the time to worry about it b/c the weather is getting warmer and people are getting out more!
(unlike winter where people are confined to being indoors with each other, lots of times in confined places)

Good thing I got talk radio to keep me advised.  :-/

Ruckus

I do find these outbreaks remarkable.  I was reading a piece in the Washington Post yesterday about the makeup of this strain and I found it amazing at how rapidly they can mutate.

As an aside, it bothers me that every time a illness outbreak occurs, the same voices express the same anger that this country does not invest enough in vaccine research.

Clearly the business of vaccine research doesn't comport with the tenets of American capitalism and there is no money to be made until after the fact.

The best offense is a good defense right?  Ahh the parallels between vaccine research and military spending. :-?

Ruckus

QuoteI did get some great information on talk radio today:

Did you know that swine flu is spread a lot like influenza?

Also, NOW is the time to worry about it b/c the weather is getting warmer and people are getting out more!
(unlike winter where people are confined to being indoors with each other, lots of times in confined places)

Good thing I got talk radio to keep me advised.  :-/

That is great info!  Everyone is racing to Walmart to buy surgical masks, duct tape and water.  They should close all Walmart borders.

I heard that duct tape will prevent swine flu

goodjam2bn

Major Tom to ground control......
Ride the music wave and wipe out really good!

Ruckus

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

walterfredo

TheRoof

Do YOU have the Swine??  See for yourself:

http://doihaveswineflu.org/
You Are Everything

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.