Happy Victoria Day fellow hosers!

Started by Jaimoe, May 18, 2009, 09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimoe

It's a major Canadian holiday today, Victoria Day, which celebrates the birthdays of both Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth II. I'm no monarchist, but I do indeed enjoy working today and making double-time and a half for 11 hours.

Most Canucks call the entire weekend "May 2-4" (two-four), no matter what day the holiday falls on. FYI, we also call a case of 24 beers a two-four.

I think there's around 3 Canadians on this site, so have a great day! The Jays-Sox game is on at 1pm. Crack open a two-four for me and enjoy watching the first place Jays!

capt. scotty

QuoteIt's a major Canadian holiday today, Victoria Day, which celebrates the birthdays of both Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth II. I'm no monarchist, but I do indeed enjoy working today and making double-time and a half for 11 hours.

Most Canucks call the entire weekend "May 2-4" (two-four), no matter what day the holiday falls on. FYI, we also call a case of 24 beers a two-four.

I think there's around 3 Canadians on this site, so have a great day! The Jays-Sox game is on at 1pm. Crack open a two-four for me and enjoy watching the first place Jays!

;D

your southern homie here will be sure to crack a four-zero tonight to celebrate your two-four holiday!

how I love having excuses to drink  [smiley=beer.gif]
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

There's fireworks displays going on all over the country tonight, but I'll be on the couch resting off last night's hang-over.

red

Here's to VD.   ;)

I spent every day of the long weekend at work.  Thankfully I was able to make it to a friend's housewarming party Friday night.  I'll be capping the weekend with a homemade black bean and rice burrito and a few hours of homework.  

Also, I'm so in love with the Jays right now.  

.Walt

Happy Victoria Day to my neighbors. VD?  ;D

K, I've gotta run here so I'm just going to post it in here...lovely pictures of the city brother!  8-)

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ruckus

So is this celebrated throughout Canada equally or more so in the predominantly English speaking provinces?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

QuoteSo is this celebrated throughout Canada equally or more so in the predominantly English speaking booze drinking provinces?

fixed  ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

dragonboy

QuoteIt's a major Canadian holiday today, Victoria Day, which celebrates the birthdays of both Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth II. I'm no monarchist,
Shame on you!  ;)

I remember standing in the queue of a McDonalds with a group of friends when I was about 15. One of our mates took out a 5 pound note & said "The queen is pretty sexy, isn't she?" we all just stared at him & then burst out laughing. Young hormones  ::)

Happy VD day!!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Jaimoe

QuoteSo is this celebrated throughout Canada equally or more so in the predominantly English speaking provinces?

The only province that isn't English dominated is Quebec, and the holiday isn't celebrated there (although it is in pockets of Montreal, which has close to 1-million English-first speakers) - it is a holiday in Quebec though.

New Brunswick is half-and-half in the northern part and Ontario has small sections in the north that are mostly French (same with Manitoba), but the entire country celebrates both birthdays (although I doubt many know why they are celebrating in the first place, other than it sounds like a party: May 2-4 drinking a 2-4).