DVDs you just bought

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Jan 08, 2009, 12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

We have a CD and Vinyl thread so I thought this an appropriate topic.
I'll start:

"Into the Wild"--on Blu Ray---gorgeous

"End of the Century--The Ramones"  my new favorite documentary.  I especially enjoyed the live clips and the storie about working with Phil Spector.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

bold99

Black Keys live at the Crystal Ballroom.  Man do they Rock.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

el_chode

I just got Sunshine, a movie which the nerd in me loves.
I'm surrounded by assholes

dragonboy

Bought these/got them for Xmas last month:

Movies
Kung Fu Panda
Dark Knight
Tropic Thunder
The Sea Inside
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Inside I'm Dancing
Serenity
Ju-On (Japanese)

TV
Home Movies Season 1&2
Benidorm Season 1&2
Gavin & Stacy Season2
Ideal Season3
Snuff Box
Primeval
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

MMJfanatic- End of The Century is tremendous. Highly recommended.

Lets see

Family Guy vol 6
Dark Knight
This Is England
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Snatch
Indiana Jones/Crystal Skull
Nebraksa Cornhuskers 5 Game pack incld 3 90's Nat'l Championships
Psych Season 2
Kung Fu Panda

red

i haven't bought a dvd in ages.   :(

but i did rent wall-e tonight.   :)

bearass

bluray

clockwork orange
pineapple express
kill bills
old school

regular dvds....who buys those anymore? ;)

ManNamedTruth

TV
Home Movies Season 1&2

One of my favorite shows.  [smiley=thumbup.gif]If you like seasons 1 and 2, get 3 and 4.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

kydiddle

TV
Gavin & Stacy Season2

I LERRRRVV Gavin & Stacy but have only been through Season 1. Such a fantastic show. I think my favorite character is Bryn. Him singing James Blunt.  ;D ;D ;D
Cow temperature.

dragonboy

QuoteIf you like seasons 1 and 2, get 3 and 4.
Yeah that's usually how it works for me too  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

TV
Gavin & Stacy Season2

I LERRRRVV Gavin & Stacy but have only been through Season 1. Such a fantastic show. I think my favorite character is Bryn. Him singing James Blunt.  ;D ;D ;D
Didn't think I'd find another Gavin & Stacy fan here  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I haven't watched Season2 yet but I loved the first one. I think I watched all 6 episodes in one night!

weeniebeenie

Certifiable The Police dvd.
Its hilarious to see Stewart yelling at Sting and Andy just shaking his head.
How loud can silence get?

kydiddle

TV
Gavin & Stacy Season2

I haven't watched Season2 yet but I loved the first one. I think I watched all 6 episodes in one night!

They just announced they're going to film a 3rd season!  :)
Cow temperature.

mjkoehler

TV
Gavin & Stacy Season2

They just announced they're going to film a 3rd season!  :)
Hmm, just read a little about this show. Interest has been peaked, F'n netflix doesn't have it available though. bummer. I'll have to wait or go buy it.

mjkoehler

ok, just watched ep 1 and 2 and was laughing my ass off. Damn, not avail in Region 1 so I'm stuck watching online until it is avail. Stupid f'n DVD regions.

dragonboy

Quoteok, just watched ep 1 and 2 and was laughing my ass off. Damn, not avail in Region 1 so I'm stuck watching online until it is avail. Stupid f'n DVD regions.
Youtube?

Great news about Season3 Kydiddle! The brand new Christmas Special aired when I was home in the UK but I didn't watch it because I hadn't seen Season2 yet. It'll probably end up on the next DVD...

mjkoehler

Quoteok, just watched ep 1 and 2 and was laughing my ass off. Damn, not avail in Region 1 so I'm stuck watching online until it is avail. Stupid f'n DVD regions.
Youtube?

Great news about Season3 Kydiddle! The brand new Christmas Special aired when I was home in the UK but I didn't watch it because I hadn't seen Season2 yet. It'll probably end up on the next DVD...
I had to do some searchin. Damn BBC had some eps up, but you have to live in the UK to watch. I was able to watch through surf the channel

dragonboy

Are multi-region DVD players expensive/hard to come by? I couldn't live without mine.

mjkoehler

Not sure but I think I need to buy one. Our HD tv has a DVD built in but it sucks so we are actually looking at getting a DVD player. I'll have to remember they make multi region ones.

dragonboy

Somers Town
Moomins Boxset (7discs, 474mins!)