Bubba Ho-Tep

Started by admin, Mar 09, 2004, 12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

have you all seen it?
if not, what are you waitin for... it's brilliant!

'Don't make me use my stuff on ya, baby!'

peanut butter puddin surprise

Wait....Bruce Campbell AND Ossie Davis??!?!?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

marktwain

Oh, hell yeah! ;D
I first heard about this movie months ago, and had to wait forever for it to come anywhere close to Louisville.  I had to drive the hour and change to Lexington, but it was WELL worth it. Highly recommended!  How did this one get by the Oscar committee?

corey

I didn't see it, but a friend of mine saw it twice. He said , "It's probably the best American film that's been made in 10 years".
It'll be on DVD on May 25th.

Oz

What the hell is that?  ??? :o
I'm ready when you are

peanut butter puddin surprise

okay, just re-read this and laughed out loud!  funny!  must see...O, it looks like another classic to see.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Leontheslut

Bump for anyone who hasn't see this movie. Check it out!
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Isobella

I saw it in the theater years ago. I loved it.  I had the one sheet but traded it :(

Jaimoe

I saw it when it premiered at the 2002 Toronto Film Festival. I went to the second screening; director Don (Phantasm) Coscarelli did a Q&A. I WISH I went to the first screening since Bruce "Ash" Campbell and Coscarelli both did a Q&A. I do have the one-sheet for the film. Bruce was in T.O. a year later on a book tour and he signed it for me. Long Live Bruce!!!

This is a great comedy-horror film and can sit proudly next to Evil Dead II. It's also a well-done fantasy tribute to the King of Rock & Roll.

AMightyCaporal

i really wanted to like this movie- it seemed like such a gem- maybe i was in the wrong state of mind and wasn't feeling it but I wasn't digginin' it.
its no suburban commando:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ghNp3le3E

cinematic gold i tell ya- GOLD!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Ruckus

Finally saw this film.  Gotta say, it climbed up my charts pretty high.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Vadie Stark

I bought this on DVD a few years ago for $4. Now I can't find where I put it or remember who I loaned it to :(   Stupid short term >:(
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

ms. yvon

i love this movie!  i was all set for the comedy, but was caught off guard by the moving story between these two aging men.

that elvis stocked his mojo pouch with the reminders of the people who died was incredibly touching.

"cleopatra does the nasty" ;D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Leontheslut

The best is the old cowboy who goes down shootin'
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.