fourth o' july weekend!

Started by ms_yvon, Jul 03, 2009, 08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

QuoteNow you see why I do most of the cooking!!!  He is close though.

350 degrees   11x13 glass dish  30 minutes or until bacon is crisp.

Peel and cube about 8-12 potatoes(about 5#)  Chop 1 small or half of large onion, add to potatoes, stir, add about 2 T. water and microwave for 20 minutes.
While they are cooking: cut up about 2/3 block of 2# Velveeta cheese, put into 2 or 3 quart saucepan, add about 3/4 - 1 cup of mayo, and about same amount of milk.  Stir over med heat until melted.  (This will burn very easily, don't leave to reshuffle your I-Pod back to Librarian or any other MMJ tune).  Once the potatoes are out, drain any excess water.
Stir cheese mix into potatoes, add 1 small jar drained, chopped pimentos and about half jar of chopped olives also drained. Stir.
Place about 5-6 slices of uncooked bacon over top and bake at 350 for around 1/2 hour.
Notice I keep saying "around".  I never measure, so these are my best guesstimates.  I always spray pam on the pot for cheese and the baking dish.  leftovers reheat in micro very nicely.    Enjoy!   Let me know how it turns out for you if you decide to give it a try.

Nice!  That's much better!  

Understanding TEO's explanation was like trying to read braille with my eyes. It all makes much more sense now  ;D  ;)

...sounds good too. Im almost tempted to make it, although that seems like a lot of work.

And c'mon now, you cant cook to Librarian!! Ya gotta keep it rockin!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ms. yvon

thanks, nancy!

your note about not leaving to replay a song on your ipod sounds like the voice of experience. ;D

man.  i didn't expect the bacon.  that is just like catnip to me.  but bacon-y.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."