Fantasy Baseball??

Started by Clarkwork, Feb 15, 2009, 09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

QuoteHell yeah, another Reds fan!

Your name isn't Dylan, is it?

I've been noticing the similarities between you guys. Wow!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

Fans of My Morning Jacket
Thurs. March 19th 6:45PM CST  
League ID: 99334
Password: baseball

If it needs to be changed, we need to change it at least a week before the day we want to draft, because draft time slots fill up quick.

.Walt

QuoteLooks like the pay league is dead in the water.  We'd love to have ya in the free league though.  My two buddies should be signing up soon, too.

We could have a small amount money league. Have a gentlemen agreement , for ten or twenty bones. But this time if we do the ten or twenty bucks, we all pay.

wharf rat

QuoteLooks like the pay league is dead in the water.  We'd love to have ya in the free league though.  My two buddies should be signing up soon, too.

We could have a small amount money league. Have a gentlemen agreement , for ten or twenty bones. But this time if we do the ten or twenty bucks, we all pay.

I would have no problem with this.

aMillionDreams

I would have no problem with this.

Works for me.  Let's say 20 bucks, who's in for 20?

1. Walt
2. Wharfrat
3. aMD

We're still looking for people, people!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

.Walt

Is everyone who had already signed up cool with 20 of them thangs?

aMillionDreams

QuoteIs everyone who had already signed up cool with 20 of them thangs?

So far we have 3 of the six people signed up.  Bridgegrooms is my buddy Rich, I'll ask him tomorrow if he's down. I bet he will be.

Ruckus

QuoteIs everyone who had already signed up cool with 20 of them thangs?

So far we have 3 of the six people signed up.  Bridgegrooms is my buddy Rich, I'll ask him tomorrow if he's down. I bet he will be.

Anything's good
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Not looking for too detailed of a review, but seeing as how this was my first fantasy baseball draft, can anyone let me know how I did? I dont follow baseball anything like football, so this was pretty difficult for me. There were TONS of players Ive never even heard of taken, and some probably as high as the 10th or so round.

I think I started off good and did well for about the first 8 rounds, then fizzled the next 8 or so, but I think I did I did good over the last 12 rounds. However, I have a feeling those middle 8 rounds where I missed out on the value is going to kill me. I know in fantasy hockey its nice to have position flexibility where guys are listed at more than one, so I took that into account, but not sure how much thatll factor in really. I thought I stole Ben Sheets, and then 10 seconds later I find out he's out until August or so. Ive turned into that guy I used to laugh at at fantasy football drafts  ;D.

Categories: R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, TB, AVG, W, CG, SHO, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, QS

Lineup: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Jimmy Dugan
1.       (2)       José Reyes (SS)
2.       (23)       CC Sabathia (SP, P)
3.       (26)       Matt Holliday (OF)
4.       (47)       Kevin Youkilis (1B, 3B)
5.       (50)       Jonathan Papelbon (RP, P)
6.       (71)       Dan Uggla (2B)
7.       (74)       Chipper Jones (3B)
8.       (95)       Roy Oswalt (SP, P)
9.       (98)       Vernon Wells (OF)
10.       (119) Torii Hunter (OF)
11.       (122) Ben Sheets (SP, P)
12.       (143) B.J. Ryan (RP, P)
13.       (146) Ricky Nolasco (SP, P)
14.       (167) Andre Ethier (OF)
15.       (170) A.J. Pierzynski (C)
16.       (191) Max Scherzer (SP, RP)
17.       (194) José López (1B, 2B)
18.       (215) Nelson Cruz (OF)
19.       (218) Hideki Matsui (OF)
20.       (239) Ryan Theriot (SS)
21.       (242) Carlos Guillén (1B, 3B)
22.       (263) Chris Carpenter (SP, P)
23.       (266) Paul Maholm (SP, P)
24.       (287) Jered Weaver (SP, P)
25.       (290) Juan Pierre (OF)
26.       (311) Mike Lowell (3B)
27.       (314) Tim Hudson (SP, P)
28.       (335) Iván Rodríguez (C)
29.       (338) Ken Griffey Jr. (OF)

The most obvious things to me even seem to be Im screwed at catcher since we start 2 unless IRod gets a starting job and my pitching depth seems pretty shaky. If Carpenter has a comeback year, that might be my saving grace though. Im not too big a fan of my outfield after Holliday either.

Is Brad Penny worth a pickup? Any guys who might still be available worth a flyer since Im going to put Hudson on the DL anyway? I was looking at Brian Giles and Garret Anderson maybe. JP Howell since I could probably use another RP?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

ok i just saw the issue about draft times.  it's changed now to 9:15AM CST Sunday March 29th. if that doesn't work, we maybe have one day to change it, because times are running out.

capt. scotty

So nobody can comment?

Im not looking for a book, just tell me if my teams blows or has a chance..please
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

QuoteNot looking for too detailed of a review, but seeing as how this was my first fantasy baseball draft, can anyone let me know how I did? I dont follow baseball anything like football, so this was pretty difficult for me. There were TONS of players Ive never even heard of taken, and some probably as high as the 10th or so round.

I think I started off good and did well for about the first 8 rounds, then fizzled the next 8 or so, but I think I did I did good over the last 12 rounds. However, I have a feeling those middle 8 rounds where I missed out on the value is going to kill me. I know in fantasy hockey its nice to have position flexibility where guys are listed at more than one, so I took that into account, but not sure how much thatll factor in really. I thought I stole Ben Sheets, and then 10 seconds later I find out he's out until August or so. Ive turned into that guy I used to laugh at at fantasy football drafts  ;D.

Categories: R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, TB, AVG, W, CG, SHO, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, QS

Lineup: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Jimmy Dugan
1.       (2)       José Reyes (SS)
2.       (23)       CC Sabathia (SP, P)
3.       (26)       Matt Holliday (OF)
4.       (47)       Kevin Youkilis (1B, 3B)
5.       (50)       Jonathan Papelbon (RP, P)
6.       (71)       Dan Uggla (2B)
7.       (74)       Chipper Jones (3B)
8.       (95)       Roy Oswalt (SP, P)
9.       (98)       Vernon Wells (OF)
10.       (119) Torii Hunter (OF)
11.       (122) Ben Sheets (SP, P)
12.       (143) B.J. Ryan (RP, P)
13.       (146) Ricky Nolasco (SP, P)
14.       (167) Andre Ethier (OF)
15.       (170) A.J. Pierzynski (C)
16.       (191) Max Scherzer (SP, RP)
17.       (194) José López (1B, 2B)
18.       (215) Nelson Cruz (OF)
19.       (218) Hideki Matsui (OF)
20.       (239) Ryan Theriot (SS)
21.       (242) Carlos Guillén (1B, 3B)
22.       (263) Chris Carpenter (SP, P)
23.       (266) Paul Maholm (SP, P)
24.       (287) Jered Weaver (SP, P)
25.       (290) Juan Pierre (OF)
26.       (311) Mike Lowell (3B)
27.       (314) Tim Hudson (SP, P)
28.       (335) Iván Rodríguez (C)
29.       (338) Ken Griffey Jr. (OF)

The most obvious things to me even seem to be Im screwed at catcher since we start 2 unless IRod gets a starting job and my pitching depth seems pretty shaky. If Carpenter has a comeback year, that might be my saving grace though. Im not too big a fan of my outfield after Holliday either.

Is Brad Penny worth a pickup? Any guys who might still be available worth a flyer since Im going to put Hudson on the DL anyway? I was looking at Brian Giles and Garret Anderson maybe. JP Howell since I could probably use another RP?

Can't tell.  The format is preposterous.  2 starting catchers?  Is it Roto or H2H? The number of statistical categories is too much for me.  I liked your stretch of Scherzer, Nolasco and J. Lopez.  In a 12 team format, you top 5 picks are solid too although with ridiculous amount of categories, I couldn't really tell you at all.

There, some useless feedback
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

I'm not huge on the stats. Even though I like leagues with a bunch of categories, some are silly. I think you have a good club, I think. Have you joined our league yet? I know you're not the biggest baseball fan. I'm not the biggest hockey fan, but I've been playing fantasy hockey for 3 years now, and I either get first or second. I try drafting a bunch of red wings or pens. So with baseball, draft a lot of yankees or red sox. Last year I took a lot of tigers. I guess that's my advice, draft players on teams that are good. I'm currently waiting to draft. I have the 3rd pick, in a very small league. I usually like to draft a 6 man league early. I like having one team that is just stacked.

now back to getting my mind right.

wharf rat

Quoteok i just saw the issue about draft times.  it's changed now to 9:15AM CST Sunday March 29th. if that doesn't work, we maybe have one day to change it, because times are running out.

Well, here I go ;)  Normally that would be a great day/time, but that is the end weekend of my wife's spring break week and we will be out of town.  Actually, we'll probably be in the car, driving back home.  I don't know if the final decision is a pay league or not.  If it's not a pay league, I can just set up my rankings and do it autodraft style, and just be a maniac on the waiver wire.  If it is a pay league, what are the chances we could move it to later that evening?  I know the evening slots go fastest, unfortunately.
Also, if I'm the only one who has a conflict with this time slot, maybe it's best just to leave it alone?  Changing it might lead to problems with multiple people.

aMillionDreams

Headdy, I'm ignoring everything you post in this thread until you sign up

Wharf - I'm pretty sure the evening slots are taken.  I believe we decided to make this league a pay league but only at 20 dollars, although we haven't from everyone about that yet.

We still need more people, so if you're thinking about signing up, stop thinking about it and do it!

Foxtrot76

QuoteHeaddy, I'm ignoring everything you post in this thread until you sign up

Wharf - I'm pretty sure the evening slots are taken.  I believe we decided to make this league a pay league but only at 20 dollars, although we haven't from everyone about that yet.

We still need more people, so if you're thinking about signing up, stop thinking about it and do it!

I signed up a few days ago and I'm cool with 20 bones.

capt. scotty

QuoteHeaddy, I'm ignoring everything you post in this thread until you sign up

If you need more people Id play, but Im not going to play for money.

If its an evening draft, I cant do it if its starts between 6-9PM on tuesday or thursday because I have class

Clarkwork

i'm good for $20 or whatever, just let me know. When is the draft?
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

.Walt

Fans of My Morning Jacket
Thurs. March 26th, 6:30 CDT  
League ID: 99334
Password: baseball

If it needs to be changed, we need to change it at least a week before the day we want to draft, because draft time slots fill up quick.

.Walt

Quoteok i just saw the issue about draft times.  it's changed now to 9:15AM CST Sunday March 29th. if that doesn't work, we maybe have one day to change it, because times are running out.

Well, here I go ;)  Normally that would be a great day/time, but that is the end weekend of my wife's spring break week and we will be out of town.  Actually, we'll probably be in the car, driving back home.  I don't know if the final decision is a pay league or not.  If it's not a pay league, I can just set up my rankings and do it autodraft style, and just be a maniac on the waiver wire.  If it is a pay league, what are the chances we could move it to later that evening?  I know the evening slots go fastest, unfortunately.
Also, if I'm the only one who has a conflict with this time slot, maybe it's best just to leave it alone?  Changing it might lead to problems with multiple people.

I understand 100%, I wouldn't want to be in a money league if I wasn't going to make the draft. Ok, I'm going to change it again, hopefully it will work, but it probably won't be as close to opening day.