Fantasy Football '09

Started by true, Jul 22, 2009, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

I'm good with the 26th. Ruckus?

Ruckus

QuoteI'm good with the 26th. Ruckus?

Thanks a lot guys! :)  I really appreciate it.  I'll make sure I draft a crappy team to make up for the inconvenience.

My b'day present to aMD.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

corey

We're now set for the 26th at 7 Eastern.  

Not changing it again.   ;)

capt. scotty

bout to start my 3rd mock draft tonight. i think im finally officially in FF mode  8-)

thought my first team was sick since I had Fitz, Megatron, and CJ3 after 3 rounds (and it was PPR), and then I find out you get 1 pt/10 return yards.

who the F awards return yards like rushing/receiving yards?! WTF?!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jon T.

If Dark isn't back in time, let me know. The closer it gets, the more i'm regretting quitting.  :-[  

corey

Sounds good, Jon. If we don't hear anything from him by Saturday or so, we'll let you know. I'd rather not be scrambling to find someone to fill the slot the day before the draft.

aMillionDreams

The Yark posted this weekend.  If he didn't PM you back we need to make sure Jon gets signed up.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

aMillionDreams

Looks like Bad Motherfuckers is back!  Glad you had a change of heart, Jon.

Not that I wouldn't have enjoyed kicking the snot out of Yark...

Jon T.

Yup! I'm in...again.  Thanks for having me back, guys.  Now to kick your dicks in the dirt!

corey

aMD, I'll make those changes this evening. I meant to do it several days ago but there has been a lot of stuff happening at once. I should have some free time tonight if my meeting goes well in a half hour.

corey

Alright. We should be set up for DB, DL and D player. I didn't see D Flex so I assume D player is the D Flex.

Also, I updated Defensive scoring. Is that something you guys can view to make sure it's correct?

Ruckus

QuoteYup! I'm in...again.  Thanks for having me back, guys.  Now to kick your dicks in the dirt!

Hey Favre.  How's it hangin?

corey

Derrick Mason? Daunte Culpepper?   ;D

Jon T.

QuoteYup! I'm in...again.  Thanks for having me back, guys.  Now to kick your dicks in the dirt!

Hey Favre.  How's it hangin?

Fair enough.  :-[

capt. scotty

I just posted this on the message board on yahoo, but you still need to change it from 4 to 6 teams in the playoffs, and the playoff weeks to week 14, 15, 16
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

aMillionDreams

QuoteI just posted this on the message board on yahoo, but you still need to change it from 4 to 6 teams in the playoffs, and the playoff weeks to week 14, 15, 16

Good call.  It wouldn't be all that bad with two less teams, but I think most people would still prefer 6 teams in.

BTW, we haven't drafted yet and this thread is already 7 pages long.  This is going to be a good season!

.Walt

BTW, we haven't drafted yet and this thread is already 7 pages long.  This is going to be a good season!

I think this going to a great season! Been doing mock drafts.  ;) I want first or tenth pick. Got my money league draft tomorrow night. Hopefully I can get my name on the trophy. I've never got better than a 3rd pick. I'm due.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

I think this going to a great season! Been doing mock drafts.  ;) I want first or tenth pick. Got my money league draft tomorrow night. Hopefully I can get my name on the trophy. I've never got better than a 3rd pick. I'm due.

I NEVER get a Top 5 pick.

Im kind of the same. I want either a top 3 pick or 9th or 10th this year. none of that draftin Fitz 7th or taking one of those risky RBs around there if I dont have to.

Ruckus

I definitely like drafting on or near the turns if anything because its easier to keep track of your needs and you don't have to pay as much attention to other drafters needs because you know you'll get what you need.

KEY WORD:  NEED

I'm always too drunk to keep track of other drafter's draft sheets and am not clever enough to cock block.

HOnestly though, when to IDP's usually come off the board and what kind of value are  you looking for.  Also, how many bench defensive players you usually hold?

capt. scotty

HOnestly though, when to IDP's usually come off the board and what kind of value are  you looking for.  Also, how many bench defensive players you usually hold?

Im sure you could find mock drafts and ADP's somewhere, but anyone with IDP scoring anything like ours would be crazy to take an IDP before the 10th round or so, and those are the elite guys (who usually arent much better than the next couple tiers). Then again, I never draft Team D's in the 8th, 9th, 10th but some people do, so I guess it depends on your drafting style.

I forget our roster size, but I recommend no bench IDP players or 1 player tops. Considering we only have 1 player for each position, the free agent pool will have tons of options, unlike the offensive skill positions. When you only have the 10 best gone, youre starting them every week but their bye week.

Theyre basically like kickers considering there isnt much of a difference between the best and the worst - at least thats the case with our IDP starter requirements.