The College Football Thread

Started by rccola71, Sep 03, 2009, 09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taterbug

QuoteI'm pretty sick of the kid, honestly. Great athlete but the sideline shenanigans and celebrations that go un-flagged by ref's has me put off.

Im not a big fan of his antics either.  I AM a fan of his girlfriend.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

capt. scotty

QuoteShame, though, that Brad Smith had a better college career than Pryor may have... Pryor is with a much better team in a much easier conference.

I think the Big 10 is being very underrated by many this year

As much as I despise them, Id love to see Iowa in the NC game and beat whoever

Headdy, just curious as to why you despise Iowa so much?  I mean, besides the fact that we ruined your national title hopes the last 2 years?  I would think it would be much easier to hate on Ohio State or Michigan than Iowa.  I can't see how anyone could possibly dislike Ferentz and the way Iowa teams just handle their business.  We consistently play with lesser players and above our actual talent level, and we do it in a classy way.  Admittedly, our fans can be a bit, oh, what's the word, sensational?  Overly optimistic?  Not sure of the word I'm looking for, but I could see how Iowa fans can rub people the wrong way.  But hey, give us a break, we don't have any pro teams.  The Hawks are all we have.  That being said, I highly doubt we're the 6th best team in the nation, but it definitely wouldn't be a stretch for us to win out, and we consistently play well in bowl games, despite the Big 10's bad bowl game reputation.

The sentence that follows the bolded part is part of it. I dont think were a NC caliber team this year though. Last year I did.

And, going to the campus of U of Iowa for my first MMJ show, and the curse of Iowa against me strikes as Jim James slips, falls offstage, and injures himself. Thus ending the show as well.

I moved to Iowa for chiropractic school last year, realized a few months later that I didnt think it was a good profession to get into as I looked into it further, or one for me. $30K in loans owed to the state of Iowa and 6 months later, I couldnt wait to get out of Iowa. Iowa beat PSU the day before I moved out of Iowa last year.

Since I moved from Iowa at the beginning of November last year, and JJ injured himself more than we all realized at first, I couldnt attend Day 2 of the rescheduled Chicago shows because I lived too far away at that point. I still optimistically hope these shows find the light of day on CD or DVD, although that may just make me more disappointed.

So yeah, thats why. I still fucking hate Michigan though. Cant wait for tomorrow.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

QuoteI'm pretty sick of the kid, honestly. Great athlete but the sideline shenanigans and celebrations that go un-flagged by ref's has me put off.

TOUCHDOWN!

Angry Ewok

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

TEO

Got my games taping for the day...OSU vs. MN and TN vs. Tide...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Angry Ewok

TheBigChicken

SEC Championship should be a doozy...Still don't think anybody can beat Florida
ps- thank you Clemson :-* :-*
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

capt. scotty

Thank god we finally beat the Wolferines at the Big House for the 1st time since 1996....Forcier got shut the fuck down.

And my boy from Bama was back in town, so I was watching both games with him, his buddy, his brother in law, and his stepfather - all Bama alums...good times. It was pretty much shit talking the whole game, then it came down to that FG and it was silence ;D...glad Bama won.

Also got a story from his old man how one time he was in Beijing on business at a karaoke bar with a bunch of employees and clients. No one was singing, but then he found out all the clients wanted to sing, but wouldnt until he did because he was the senior VP. He sang Desperado  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

corey

My nerves are still bad from watching the Bama game. Damn. I thought I might have a nervous breakdown. They really need a week off to rest. The South Carolina game wore them down and it showed yesterday vs TN.
2 blocks from the Mount Cody in one game?!?!?!   How many times has one person blocked more than 1 FG in one game?  I'm sure it's not super-rare, but I can't remember seeing that before.

Angry Ewok

My vocal chords are trashed, my nerves are wrecked... the fans need this bye week as much as the Tide does! The Rocky Block was amazing. Absolutely incredible ending to an otherwise shitty game.

Penny Lane

i am sorta happy for Iowa this year...in spite of them possibly winning the big ten. tough loss for MSU but wow, all those close games they lost, the gods are smiling on them now.

congrats, cap't...so glad you guys won..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

for real, and about time...I was worried when they went right down the field their first drive for a TD too, made it look easy. Then 3 points the rest of the game.

No points for you!!

The DARK

Pity poor Indiana. They got screwed out of the game in the 3rd quarter with a fluke pick 6 and a botched overturned TD call. And now they have nothing left in the tank. With all due respect Hawkeye fans, in no way do you deserve to be ahead of Cincinnati.
In another time, in another place, in another face

capt. scotty

QuotePity poor Indiana. They got screwed out of the game in the 3rd quarter with a fluke pick 6 and a botched overturned TD call. And now they have nothing left in the tank. With all due respect Hawkeye fans, in no way do you deserve to be ahead of Cincinnati.

Yeah, I thought that should have been a TD.

I know Cincinnati still plays Pitt, and I think WVU too. Cincy has teams on the schedule to move ahead of Iowa. I actually think Pitt has a great shot at beating Cincinnati, I definitely think they win if Pike is still out

bear sin rug

QuotePity poor Indiana. They got screwed out of the game in the 3rd quarter with a fluke pick 6 and a botched overturned TD call. And now they have nothing left in the tank. With all due respect Hawkeye fans, in no way do you deserve to be ahead of Cincinnati.

Iowa turns the ball over 6 times and still wins by 18 but Indiana got screwed?  ;D

She even agrees that's wrong!

It's a bad idea

st. john

OMG! are they for real. i want her.

bear sin rug

Does anyone else think what Spikes does here is worse than Oregon's LeGarrette Blount did to that Boise State player? And Spikes only got suspended for the first half of the Vanderbilt game. Watch it, it's obviously pre-meditated.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cISxU8Crulw[/media]
It's a bad idea

capt. scotty

I think the most rediculous thing is he got suspended for one half of a game. And it aint like theyre playing Bama this week

Thats more laughable then Georgia switching to their black unis after coming out in different ones.

I think Legarrette Blount is actually supposed to come back this year now. That Oregon team is dangerous, I think they beat Florida or Bama.

Angry Ewok

It's one thing to punch a guy in the jaw, but to try and gouge his eyes out of their sockets is absolutely criminal. So what if the player gets out of the pile and literally has an eyeball dangling by a strand? Does Spikes get kicked out of football? Absolutely.

bear sin rug

QuoteIt's one thing to punch a guy in the jaw, but to try and gouge his eyes out of their sockets is absolutely criminal. So what if the player gets out of the pile and literally has an eyeball dangling by a strand? Does Spikes get kicked out of football? Absolutely.

well, he'd probably have to sit out for the entire Vanderbilt game  :-/
It's a bad idea