R.I.P. DAD.......

Started by TEO, Sep 16, 2009, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_wizzard

So very sorry for your loss.  My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

The DARK

I was thinking of something to say that hadn't already been said, but realized that simple thoughts and prayers probably mean more.
In another time, in another place, in another face

TheBigChicken

We love you brother :'(
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

dragonboy

The last few months have been tough for me but I have been able to spend some quality time with my Mum & Dad, which I think I really needed after living so far away for last 10years. I can't imagine losing a family member but it was something I worried about a lot in Japan...I really feel for you now Matt.

Any photos or stories you'd like to share?
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

weeniebeenie

Sorry for your loss TEO.

How loud can silence get?

Love Dogg

There is no way to prepare for a loss like this.  The certainty of death is chilling.  But that is why God gave us memories.  I'm sorry that you can't hold his hand anymore, Matt...but you can still talk to him.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

wharf rat

Hey TEO, I haven't been on here much at all recently but it makes me sad when I see a topic like this.  Prayers and thoughts out to you and your family, brother.

TEO

Thanks Guys! Your kindest sympathies mean more to me than feeble words can convey. I am taking some time off of work to: visit with family, listen to the music that touches my core (Jacket, Doors, Dead, Toubab, Heads, Derek, etc., etc., etc.), play with my dog, take long walks, hang out in my backyard, eat VT cheddar, take naps, and watch old movies DVR'd from TCM. I am more at peace now than watching the slow decline once he was hospitalized.

p.s.-whoever said drinking only masks and does not help fucking lied... ;) ;D
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

fitzcarraldo

Sorry for your loss Matt.

Soulshine

QuoteThanks Guys! Your kindest sympathies mean more to me than feeble words can convey. I am taking some time off of work to: visit with family, listen to the music that touches my core (Jacket, Doors, Dead, Toubab, Heads, Derek, etc., etc., etc.), play with my dog, take long walks, hang out in my backyard, eat VT cheddar, take naps, and watch old movies DVR'd from TCM. I am more at peace now than watching the slow decline once he was hospitalized.

p.s.-whoever said drinking only masks and does not help fucking lied... ;) ;D

We shall have a drink and toast to your father on Halloween (if that's ok with you)

Still thinking warm thoughts for you and your family.  :)
Because we're all in this together...

Ghosts_on_TV

Sorry for your loss Matt.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

TEO

Some of my best memories are from out west when he used to come see me at NAU and the ski trips to CO... :)

TEO

One of my friends left 1 1/2 cases of ice cold beer on my doorstep yesterday. 24 XX and 12 Stone IPA's. Nice. Family gathering at Mom's today...Jake made it in from COMO!  :)

TheBigChicken

I'm glad you and your family are making the best out of a tough time. Sometimes death really brings out the worst in people. If only people could celebrate a persons life rather than focusing on the "loss". Hang in there buddy, your doing great :)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ms. yvon

much love to you and nancy, matt!

glad to hear that you've been able to have time to think about your dad and be with your family.

xoxo.

and the beer from your friend?  good thinking!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

pawpaw

Just saw this Matt...I am so sorry for you and your family.

It definitely helps to drink and tell stories of your lost loved ones after they're gone. Remember the best times, have some laughs...that what he would want! Sounds like you've got the right idea!  :)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

TEO

Thanks everybody! PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY MORE POSTS TO THESE TWO THREADS SO THEY CAN TRAVEL SILENTLY TOGETHER THROUGH  TIME AND SPACE FOREVER...