Sirius, why can't I quit you?

Started by el_chode, Jan 19, 2010, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

First of all, all you XM fans got XM in my Sirius radio, and it hurts.

Second of all, a big Fcuk You to the previous bureaucracy's lax regulations allowing the monstrosity to happen.

Third of all, a big Fcuk You to terrad for sucking so hard that I actually find a need for Sirius

Fourth of all, iPods are no replacement for a well-curated music library served out in a well-organized manner by knowledgable music nerds.

So why am I mad? The merger resulted in a degraded classic rock lineup that was once perfect: Pre wuss rock classic rock on one channel, wuss rock classic rock on another, and prog/nerd classic rock on a third. Then we had Jam_ON, and then we had the Dead channel. Mix that in with Garage Rock and I'm one happy boy.

The merger happens, and then wuss rock gets merged with true classic rock, the wuss rock classic rock gets wussier with tons of Mellencamp and U2, and the prog/nerd rock just becomes the home of lesser appreciated classic rock and gone are the 12 minute Zappa opuses.

Then they got rid of old school hip hop and the random rock station. Then the uncensored comedy station just became "mexican guy & carlos mencia making the same joke all day" station.

But then Jam_ON starts playing various MMJ shows along with Wilco, Ween, DBT, and From Good Homes. And I realize I'm not going to hear these versions anywhere else. No matter how many shows I squeeze on my iPod, they've got a new one for me. So I go to re-up my subscription after they threaten to turn it off (I was seeing how long I could last before giving in).

$175. Last time I checked, $12/mo x 12 months was $144 + tax. Not $30 in tax. What gives? GODDAMN MUSIC LICENSING FEES! Fcuk you, RIAA and everyone else! You think that requiring these fees will be absorbed by the company? WRONG!

I've been a loyal subscriber for almost 4 years now. I tried to point that out, and they refused. I made a stink. They said they can't do anything about it. I point out the merger mandated a rate freeze for 3 years. This is year 2. Fancy footwork the foreigner on the other end of the line didn't care to listen to.

And in the end, I still paid it. Because in the end, I at least get some variety and spice in my commute.

But this may be my last year, until this repeats again next year or the company folds, whichever comes first.

/rant over, blood pressure lowering
I'm surrounded by assholes