Musicians! Expose your G.A.S.!

Started by eiseyrokker, Oct 29, 2008, 03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

Hey Tom, edtom here. This is really a great thead and was 8 on second page.btw nice 3 pics to start this. what was that middle one? Maybe I shouldn't be on this on as I am more of a truck driver that plays guitar.Or the guy the cleans the bar and jams on the band's gear cuz it's there and well you are drunk. Thanks Nashville West & NW2 ;) This could also be a place of trade. I have couple items

if the right thing comes along. Let's see what's in the closet. 8-)
btw bet the ladies love the beard  dawg ;)

haha, my lady loves the beard, and that's really the essential part, isn't it?

the second picture was just a shot of me holding it, but i felt like it was more a gratuitous hair picture than a gratuitous guitar picture, so i took it down.

if you'd like to hear how that sucker sounds, check out www.reverbnation.com/tomeisenbraun and listen to "24april2009" -- something new from this evening that needs to be worked into something bigger, but i think a good example of the tone of this thing.

And do you live in Nashville, sir?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

Vadie Stark

I live in sacramento with LucyLew!!!  You Know great taste in men, keen ear in music, great taste in guitars LUCYLEW!!!!
Nashville West & NW2 were bars here in Sacramento that I cleaned when I was a kid,long time ago.Mmm are there bands with those names?If so, I hope they don't misunderstand.  btw -Thanks for stickin' up for me in LLC deal. I love you too man. Just having some fun. Hey did you think about the house idea? Just wondering.You are right it is about the lady ( not plural...doh) Love one woman many guitars.
Peace Tom
etb
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Vadie Stark

The Dunlop Crybaby 105Q Bass Wah Pedal is a wholly unique effect masterfully applied to bass. Adds a growling, funky new dynamic to your sound. Customized circuit for the bass guitar, a 100kOhm Hot Potz potentiometer, sturdy die-cast body, and a Q dial lets you alter the wah parameters. The Dunlop Crybaby 105Q Bass Wah Pedal is powered by the Dunlop ECB03 AC adapter and/or 9V battery, not included.

Dunlop Crybaby 105Q Bass Wah Pedal Features:

Ultraheavy-duty durability
Smooth operation and easy control
Made in the USA
Ten bucks at Goodwill $120 new ;) Goodwill rocked today 8-)

Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Hawkeye

Any pedal steel players out there?  I'm probably getting in waaaay over my head by even trying to learn this instrument, but I love the sound they make and I've always wanted one.  I'm getting a moving bonus at work shortly, so now is the time to buy one I think.  Any suggestions on what to look for?  I don't know much at this point.  The single neck, E9 tuning seems the simplest, but I've found some double neck instruments with more pedals and knee levers for plenty cheap too...

here are a few that I've been looking at:

Lonestar S10 - $900

'74 Sho Bud - asking $2600

MSA D-10 8&4 - asking $1800

Where's Carl when you need him!?  I know one pedal steel player in town where I live, so hopefully he'll have some advice for me...

We could.

ALady

Wow, those are beautiful!  Good luck with it, pedal steel is so fantastic   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Hawkeye

Thanks!  I'm leaning towards the Sho Bud (the blue one)!  It's a lot of money for an instrument I might never be able to play well, but hey, they don't go down in value, that's for sure.  Should always be able to sell it if I get too frustrated.  Long live the steel  8-)
We could.

mjkoehler

the Sho Bud is shit white hot..

weeniebeenie

QuoteAny pedal steel players out there?  I'm probably getting in waaaay over my head by even trying to learn this instrument, but I love the sound they make and I've always wanted one.  I'm getting a moving bonus at work shortly, so now is the time to buy one I think.  Any suggestions on what to look for?  I don't know much at this point.  The single neck, E9 tuning seems the simplest, but I've found some double neck instruments with more pedals and knee levers for plenty cheap too...

here are a few that I've been looking at:

Lonestar S10 - $900

'74 Sho Bud - asking $2600

MSA D-10 8&4 - asking $1800

Where's Carl when you need him!?  I know one pedal steel player in town where I live, so hopefully he'll have some advice for me...

That's awesome that you're going to buy a pedal steel Hawkeye!!!
I have been wanting one for ages but I know nothing about them and would be of no help to you.
However I do know that on Evil Urges Carl plays a Carter 12-string pedal steel.
This info may be of use to you.

"Sec Walkin'" and "Librarian"
"I played my Carter 12-string pedal steel through the Fulltone Tube Tape Echo into the Carr Viceroy and my Peavey Vegas.  The Peavey is the classic steel guitar amp: solid state, loud, clean and honky. The Carr gives the steel some smoothness, and roundness."

"Look at You"  
"I played the Carter pedal steel again here, but this time through a Source Audio Hot Hand Wah. On the original demo for this song, Jim played the electric guitar parts with a wah pedal. Since all my feet are busy with the steel, I couldn't use a standard wah, and didn't want to use an auto wah.  That's why I got the Source Audio. Basically the Hot Hand uses a tiny device you wear on any finger, and the motions of your finger then controls the sweep of the wah or whatever sound you want."

"Smokin' From Shootin'"
"I played the Carter pedal steel again through a Fulltone Tape Echo and into the Viceroy and Vegas.  Joe [Chicarelli-producer] sent the signal into an Ursa Major Space Station and the plate reverb at Avatar before hitting the tape."

Here is the rest of the article.
http://www.eqmag.com/article/my-morning-jacket/November-2008/89769

Hope that helps a little.
How loud can silence get?