The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

QuoteRuckus - you wanna get in on an avatar bet for Stillers/Bers?

I don't like the matchup and I don't like the line either.  Man, I know it's just the avatar but....

OK if you give me 3 points.

I bet I can get you gambling by the end of the day?

Deal!!

Points weren't necessary huh?  I ended up betting the Bears anyways straight up. Ha

Here ya are Headdy

http://www.baltimoremagazine.net/allthepiecesmatter/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ray_lewis.jpg

ugh...

;D ;D ;D

Made my evening, thanks Cap
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

2-0, and it's time to get the stadium talks going again. We need a outdoor stadium, we need it!

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

AMightyCaporal

Miami Dolphins make me and Hootie (and the blowfish) cry  :'(

How do you have the ball for that long and lose?

Week 1: awful offense
Week 2: awful defense
Week 3: Maybe awful both- maybe they finally get it together...

personally, I blame Jimmy Buffett
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

aMillionDreams

what's worse was that 2 minute drill.  They acted like they were trying to run out the clock.  And just started heaving it to the endzone.  Very strange.  Bad coaching it what that boils down to.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

QuoteRuckus - you wanna get in on an avatar bet for Stillers/Bers?

I don't like the matchup and I don't like the line either.  Man, I know it's just the avatar but....

OK if you give me 3 points.

I bet I can get you gambling by the end of the day?

Deal!!

Points weren't necessary huh?  I ended up betting the Bears anyways straight up. Ha

Here ya are Headdy

http://www.baltimoremagazine.net/allthepiecesmatter/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ray_lewis.jpg

ugh...

;D ;D ;D

Made my evening, thanks Cap

Technically it should be Chicago Bears related, but ill let it slide  ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

AMightyCaporal

Quotewhat's worse was that 2 minute drill.  They acted like they were trying to run out the clock.  And just started heaving it to the endzone.  Very strange.  Bad coaching it what that boils down to.

I like Sparano- I like his enthusiasm- that coaching- if thats what was the problem during the 2 minutes- is the only thing I've seen him do wrong... although- I live in NJ and you can bet Miami games aren't aired up here very often- unless its monday night, thursday, late sunday, or against the jets.

Oh last year they were in the playoffs so I watched them against the Ravens... Headdy knows how that went for the Phins.

I still blame Jimmy Buffett... nothing says "we are a tough football team" like cheeseburger in paradise...
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Ruckus

I say good luck to you this week Corey.  The Green Machine is firing on all cylinders and the Hand of Sanchez will touch you where you least want it to.

Go Jets!  I would do anything for Rex.  Oh I would do anything fooorrr Rexxx!  Oh I would do anything for Rex and I'd also do that.  Ohhohh, I'd also do that.

capt. scotty

QuoteI say good luck to you this week Corey.  The Green Machine is firing on all cylinders and the Hand of Sanchez will touch you where you least want it to.

Go Jets!  I would do anything for Rex.  Oh I would do anything fooorrr Rexxx!  Oh I would do anything for Rex and I'd also do that.  Ohhohh, I'd also do that.

CJ3 vs. Jets D should be fun to watch.

Here you go Ruckus:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szvt8iWJ0oo[/media]

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szvt8iWJ0oo
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

corey

After seeing the way the Titans secondary let the Texans run right past them, I'm kinda scared to see what ol' Sanchez will do against them. The front line wasn't too horrible, but the secondary was shit. We'll need all the luck we can get.

Jets seem like they're the read deal this year.

Ruckus

QuoteAfter seeing the way the Titans secondary let the Texans run right past them, I'm kinda scared to see what ol' Sanchez will do against them. The front line wasn't too horrible, but the secondary was shit. We'll need all the luck we can get.

And yet both were real close games.  All secondary's get exposed when the front 4 don't get to the qb.  I watched the Steelers game where they played straight up the whole time.  I didn't watch the Texans game.  Did they blitz Schaub a lot or was it more of the same?

aMillionDreams

QuoteAfter seeing the way the Titans secondary let the Texans run right past them, I'm kinda scared to see what ol' Sanchez will do against them. The front line wasn't too horrible, but the secondary was shit. We'll need all the luck we can get.

Yeah, it's wild how much better teams get when they get rid of Brett Favre.  Go Jets and Pack!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Ruckus

Yeah, it's wild how much better teams get when they get rid of Brett Favre.  Go Jets and Pack!

The Vikes are definitely winning despite Favre but we'll see how far they go.  Rodgers is the deal and the Jets do have an amazing D this year.

So Walts, after 2 games, which QB do you want in there?  Still Grandpa Tight Jeans?

capt. scotty

And yet both were real close games.  All secondary's get exposed when the front 4 don't get to the qb.  I watched the Steelers game where they played straight up the whole time.  I didn't watch the Texans game.  Did they blitz Schaub a lot or was it more of the same?

I dont know about this. Roethlisberger was pressured/sacked and checking down on passes almost the entire game, until the last 2 drives where the OLine finally stepped up and gave him time.

Ruckus

I dont know about this. Roethlisberger was pressured/sacked and checking down on passes almost the entire game, until the last 2 drives where the OLine finally stepped up and gave him time.

I don't know.  I didn't see the NFL replay but I recall the Titans sitting back and rushing only 4 when it most mattered.  Also, Ben is always pressured because he does hold on to the ball to long.

You're right that they were a lot of check downs but like I said, when it mattered, they let him sit back there and pick em apart when they most needed to get to him.  You call it the O-Line, I call it a tired pass rush after 40+ pass attempts that needed blitz help.

capt. scotty

I don't know.  I didn't see the NFL replay but I recall the Titans sitting back and rushing only 4 when it most mattered.  Also, Ben is always pressured because he does hold on to the ball to long.

You're right that they were a lot of check downs but like I said, when it mattered, they let him sit back there and pick em apart when they most needed to get to him.  You call it the O-Line, I call it a tired pass rush after 40+ pass attempts that needed blitz help.

I'll just chalk that bolded part up to you going fishing.

I think you might be right about them typically only rushing 4, but it was enough against us to consistently get pressure until late. Probably not the case against most teams, but its not a bad strategy vs. our OL. I think TEN rotates their DL a lot, so its hard to say how tired they were, but they werent fresh obviously.

NYJ def have the best OL out of the teams TEN has played so far, and Id probably say that TEN's OL is the best one NYJ will have played thus far, so it should be interesting

capt. scotty

The Vikes are definitely winning despite Favre but we'll see how far they go.

I wouldnt say theyve won despite him since he's completing over 77% of his passes and has 3 TD's and 0 INT's, but he certainly hasnt be the reason theyve won.

What he does/cant do when AD isnt slaying defenses like Genghis Khan will be what matters.

corey

God damn, Titans. Y'all are killing me this year.  Fuckin' Mouton dropped 2 kick-offs (or was one a punt) that ended up being turned into TDs by the Jets. That made the whole difference in the game. FUCK.

And Favre. That shit killed me. Both of the games that I watched at noon made me want to cry. The 49ers had that one in the fucking bag. Damn it!

At least the 2 teams I was pulling for at 3 had wins, the Bears and the Bengals.

TheBigChicken

The Tampa Bay Bucs Offense had 86 total yards....for the entire f%#king game ;D ;D ;D really. can you believe that...
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

The DARK

WHO DEY?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
In another time, in another place, in another face

ManNamedTruth

QuoteWHO DEY?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Who still got 6 super bowl rings? We'll win when Bengals come to Pittsburgh.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!