The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMightyCaporal

Miami finally decided to show up... lets hope it carries over to this sunday... a much harder opponent than the bills...  I friggin' hate the Jets!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

corey

Lots of news this morning...
Crabtree finally signed with the 49ers.

Braylon Edward was traded to the Jets.

.Walt

Okay I've been looking at the schedule and using my knowledge of the game and what I've seen so far, I'm gonna break the rest of the season down.

@ The Rams...Really? What a joke of a game. Clearly huge win 45-3
The Ravens...Since this is at home it's a lock. W 35-6
@ The steelers...Super bowl hang over is a huge factor. W 49-2 (the kneel-down causes the safety)
@ The Packers...We've seen how Brett handled the Pack on Monday. W 33-7
The Lions...The motor city kitties, well, they suck. W 65-14
The Seahawks...They also suck. W 32-0
The Bears...I like Cutler, but really who are the Bears? W 47-21
@ The Cardinals...High power offense vs the Cards. W 45-20
The Bengals...a team that plays well against good teams vs the Bengals W 35-15
@ The Panthers...With the winning streak on the line I see a huge win. W 46-3
@ The Bears...The Bears again? W 76-22
The Gaints...At home and perfect season on the line. W 59-26

Maybe because I'm from Homersota (http://homersota.com), but I just don't see it not happening.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Penny Lane

Braylon Edward was traded to the Jets.

GOOD RIDDANCE!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

AMightyCaporal

QuoteOkay I've been looking at the schedule and using my knowledge of the game and what I've seen so far, I'm gonna break the rest of the season down.

@ The steelers...Super bowl hang over is a huge factor. W 49-2 (the kneel-down causes the safety)

Maybe because I'm from Homersota (http://homersota.com), but I just don't see it not happening.

So what you're saying is that the Vikings are going to outscore their opponents a combined 567 to 149?  Did the NFL turn into Madden 10 on easy difficulty?  ;D
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

corey

35-6 over the Ravens? Really?  That Kool-aid must be pretty strong. ;D

.Walt

I gotta say I loved that you actually added up the scores!  ;D

Hey when you're a homer, you say outlandish statements. Outlandish to you, but I'm a homer, I believe!  ;)

AMightyCaporal

QuoteI gotta say I loved that you actually added up the scores!  ;D

Hey when you're a homer, you say outlandish statements. Outlandish to you, but I'm a homer, I believe!  ;)
;D I was looking at them and I thought- this is going to be a crazy spread- I need to add them up!

Fantasy football question now.

Start Flacco vs CIN or Favre vs STL

2nd RB:
Moreno vs NE or Bradshaw vs OAK

Moreno will probably get more carries- but its NE as opposed to OAK...  

.Walt

You HAVE to start Favre. Dude's gonna throw for over 500 yards 7TD's, and at least 3 two point conversions. I can feel it.  

AMightyCaporal

You HAVE to start Favre. Dude's gonna throw for over 500 yards 7TD's, and at least 3 two point conversions. I can feel it.  

I was worried you would say something like that... I'm starting him- the matchup against STL is too good too pass up. He is probably going to throw for a ton of yards.

.Walt

I was worried you would say something like that... I'm starting him- the matchup against STL is too good too pass up. He is probably going to throw for a ton of yards.

Probably?!! What's this probably word you speak of?

Taterbug

QuoteOkay I've been looking at the schedule and using my knowledge of the game and what I've seen so far, I'm gonna break the rest of the season down.

So what you're saying is that the Vikings are going to outscore their opponents a combined 567 to 149?  Did the NFL turn into Madden 10 on easy difficulty?  ;D

I really hope Farve is still playing by week 11 when My Bears face'em. If you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best. I HIGHLY doubt Farve will last past week 8. He is one shot away from drooling on himself.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

corey

Flacco has been solid all year, but the Bengals D is pretty good also. You gotta take Favre vs the STL defense.

I read today that Moreno is more than likely about to takeover the starting position. Not sure if that helps you make a decision or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

AMightyCaporal

QuoteFlacco has been solid all year, but the Bengals D is pretty good also. You gotta take Favre vs the STL defense.

I read today that Moreno is more than likely about to takeover the starting position. Not sure if that helps you make a decision or not, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I read that too- he'll get more carries but against NE (they can shut down backs at any moment- you just never know when) i feel like Bradshaw... or any back is going to slice through that OAK defense pretty regularly- just dont know how many carries he'll get

AMightyCaporal

This ones a little tougher- who to start?

Pierre Garcon (IND) vs TEN

or

Mike Sims-Walker (JAC) vs SEA

both away games

Pierre Garcon is Mannings new go to guy- already has 207 yards and 2 tds

don't know about Sims-Walker... good stats though: 278 yards and 3 tds

capt. scotty

QuoteI gotta say I loved that you actually added up the scores!  ;D

;D I was looking at them and I thought- this is going to be a crazy spread- I need to add them up!

Fantasy football question now.

2nd RB:
Moreno vs NE or Bradshaw vs OAK

Moreno will probably get more carries- but its NE as opposed to OAK...  

Definitely Moreno. Buckhalter is hurt and wont be playing, and he was really the only one taking carries away from Moreno. Moreno has looked better every week, and I expect him to see a good amount of looks in the pass game. Ray Rice tore up NE last week.

The QB situation could be close. Id start Flacco. He's been solid or better every week fantasy wise, and I expect their game to be tight and him to get at least 250yds and probably 2TDs. Minnesota should pound STL, and will do it by the run mostly. I doubt Favre has a huge game, and think his liklihood of not a good fantasy game is much more likely. He might not even finish the game if theyre winning by a lot. In the games where the MIN run game has been unstoppable, Favre's fantasy numbers have lacked. I expect big days from AD and Chester Taylor, and pedestrian numbers from Favre
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteThis ones a little tougher- who to start?

Pierre Garcon (IND) vs TEN

or

Mike Sims-Walker (JAC) vs SEA

both away games

Pierre Garcon is Mannings new go to guy- already has 207 yards and 2 tds

don't know about Sims-Walker... good stats though: 278 yards and 3 tds

Gotta stick with Sims-Walker. He couldnt stay healthy last year, but otherwise looked good. He's the clear go-to guy in J-Ville now, and Garrard is hot with a good matchup this week.

Garcon's matchup is good too, but Manning has a ton of options so Garcon is much more of a risk to start. He might give you 4/80/1 but could just as easily give you 2/20/0
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

AMightyCaporal

thanks headdy- I'm constantly switching my lineup now... I've made 12 moves since the start of the season... first game I got destroyed but have been on a winning streak since- hope it all works out for me... never thought I would get so into fantasy football.

capt. scotty

Quotethanks headdy- I'm constantly switching my lineup now... I've made 12 moves since the start of the season... first game I got destroyed but have been on a winning streak since- hope it all works out for me... never thought I would get so into fantasy football.

Its addictive...in my money league im 1-3 right now but Im still only 1 game out of a playoff spot and pay attention to improve my team as much as I would if I were 3-1. The waiver wire and making moves is a must pretty much regardless of your record.

After doing fantasy baseball and hockey over the past year, I still like it more. Everything is on the line on sundays (and mondays, and some thursdays and saturdays  ;D)

TheBigChicken

Giants 28 Oakland 0   it's halftime...are you kidding me ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry