The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMightyCaporal

QuoteSweet game yesterday...I wanted us to lose to get a better draft pick next year, but I'll take a win if the game is going to be as great as that. It worked out great, but going to that onside kick while having the lead was an interesting call to say the least.

I like our chances against Balt at home, but who knows. We win that, and the Miami game should loom large, eh AMC?

The wheels falling off in Minny?! What happened to AD???

Heartbreaking loss in Tenn, I thought for sure we had that game.  I didn't see the fumble that was ruled down but that unnecessary roughness call was bogus.  The dude was never touched down! that was 15 yards more that Tenn. would have had to kick.

It's official, I need a new qb for fantasy football, Mr. Favre has given me very few points the past 3 weeks.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

capt. scotty

He didnt have a good game this week, but Alex Smith has been surpsiingly good for the last month plus and might be a FA
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

AMightyCaporal

QuoteHe didnt have a good game this week, but Alex Smith has been surpsiingly good for the last month plus and might be a FA

I've got Favre, Henne, Orton and just picked up Gerrard
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

.Walt

The wheels falling off in Minny?! What happened to AD???

I could bring the local angle in on this, but unfortunately everyone has witnessed these embarrassments.

Funny thing is that all these people here don't get it. This is Brett Favre. This is what he does. You'd think playing against the Packers twice a year would stick in the memory. The team isn't a AP team anymore, it's a Brett Favre. I guess Chilly wanted to bench him, and Brett wouldn't allow it, which I can understand. He changes plays the majority of the time. AP should have 20 carries by the 4th quarter. Our offense seems so predictable. I'm not giving up, because I still think we can do this thang, but Favre needs to be put in check, and AP needs to be given the ball. Pretty simple.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

AMightyCaporal

TEO

I am going Sunday. They had better not be resting the starters! ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

pawpaw

QuoteThis week's song is....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVF4r3fLBrU[/media]

I'm at work and can't see the youtube link, but it should be 'The Autumn Wind' since we whipped the Burros yesterday!

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Ruckus

Sigh...Kellen Clemens botching a snap, two missed FGs from Feely.  Ahh the Jets being the Jets...just like the Cubs being the Cubs

What a familiar feeling :'(
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

I'm at work and can't see the youtube link, but it should be 'The Autumn Wind' since we whipped the Burros yesterday!

So BB, was Russell's late performance a blessing or a curse.  Maybe he'll prove me wrong but I don't see him being a very good QB.  I guess it takes some longer but I feel like the Raiders might fool themselves into another season with him thinking he'll pan out because of false hope because of this one game.  Like the Ravens with Boller or the Texans with Carr, sometimes it's better to cut your losses.

Ruckus

QuoteI am going Sunday. They had better not be resting the starters! ;)

Lets go Jets!

TEO

THAT'S A BUNK OF CRUNK!  ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

pawpaw

So BB, was Russell's late performance a blessing or a curse.  Maybe he'll prove me wrong but I don't see him being a very good QB.  I guess it takes some longer but I feel like the Raiders might fool themselves into another season with him thinking he'll pan out because of false hope because of this one game.  Like the Ravens with Boller or the Texans with Carr, sometimes it's better to cut your losses.

I was gunna mention that in my original response...I can't stand Russell, I don't even think he'll ever be a capable backup in the NFL. He's a complete bust. I really hope that they cut him after the season is over. It'd be a HUGE amount of money to leave (he has $30 MILLION guaranteed in his contract, not sure how much is still owed), but he hurts the team every game he plays, he's a loser in every sense of the word.

The team has announced that if Gradkowski or Frye are available to play on Sunday that they'll start over Russell. I really hope that Russell isn't able to play anymore this season, and I REALLY hope that Al realizes that the team needs to cut him. It's best for the team to let him go and move forward with someone that's actually capable of consistently running an offense.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

capt. scotty

Interesting snippet from this article on Chris Henry

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-henry-funeral&prov=ap&type=lgns

A witness has said he heard Henry say, "If you take off, I'm going to jump off the truck and kill myself." A 911 caller told a dispatcher she saw a shirtless man wearing a cast "beating on the back of this truck window."
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Steelers signed Joey Galloway...I was pissed after Patsies stole him from us after we gave him a tryout in the offseason, but if he was so bad for them that they cut him, not sure how much he'll do in the Burgh.

Then again, he cant drop any more balls than Limas Sweed  :D

AMightyCaporal

Phins could use a big name receiver, but we have plenty that drop passes so Pit can have him!

Ruckus

QuoteSteelers signed Joey Galloway...I was pissed after Patsies stole him from us after we gave him a tryout in the offseason, but if he was so bad for them that they cut him, not sure how much he'll do in the Burgh.

Then again, he cant drop any more balls than Limas Sweed  :D

If you saw Galloway at the beginning of the season, you might retract this statement

Ruckus

1.  Are the Chargers and Cowboys gonna make me eat my words?
2.  I look forward to Favre failure in the playoffs.
3.  Saints v. Ravens Super Bowl?  Anyone?
4.  2 9-7 teams make the playoffs in the AFC?
5.  Is Chad Henne the solution in Miami?
6.  I love Rex Ryan but he in one year, he has cried almost as much as Favre has.
7.  Who needs the needle back more?  Merriman or Peppers

I dunno...I need answers

capt. scotty

1. Didnt you just say which has a better shot earlier? I thought Dallas but I actually think the NFC is deeper at this point and SD is on fire
2. I dont look forward to it, but I expect it to happen
3. Ravens?! Really?
4. Yep
5. To be continued
6. Arguably more
7. Merriman, by a landslide

corey

I think Henne could make some things happen in Miami, but he needs some dependable receivers. He can't really count on anyone in Miami at this point.