The Annoying Song Stuck In My Head

Started by KY_Kid, Mar 17, 2010, 10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jones

I almost always have some ridiculous song stuck in my head.  Most of the time it is a random song or something from an annoying commercial.  The song that is currently haunting me is from the McDonald's commercial that goes something like "Give me that filet of fish, give me that fish".  It just is on repeat and I can't make it stop.  I don't even eat at McDonald's.

Just last week, Madonna's "Open Your Heart" was my torture.  I don't even listen to Madonna.  Who else is tortured by crappy music in their mental playlist?  Anyone?

mjkoehler

Two weeks ago my head was battling this:

Is it just me or is Savage Garden's "hit" from the 90's I Want You (you know the cherry cola song) sound like the illegitimate little sister to Roxette's She's Got The Look? And why in the hell am I thinking of these 2 songs. argh.

This shit was stuck in my head for daaaaaays

Jon T.

QuoteI almost always have some ridiculous song stuck in my head.  Most of the time it is a random song or something from an annoying commercial.  The song that is currently haunting me is from the McDonald's commercial that goes something like "Give me that filet of fish, give me that fish".  It just is on repeat and I can't make it stop.  I don't even eat at McDonald's.

Just last week, Madonna's "Open Your Heart" was my torture.  I don't even listen to Madonna.  Who else is tortured by crappy music in their mental playlist?  Anyone?

as soon as i saw the title i was going to post the "filet of fish" song and then i read your post.   ;D

jones

QuoteTwo weeks ago my head was battling this:

Is it just me or is Savage Garden's "hit" from the 90's I Want You (you know the cherry cola song) sound like the illegitimate little sister to Roxette's She's Got The Look? And why in the hell am I thinking of these 2 songs. argh.

This shit was stuck in my head for daaaaaays

Roxette?!  NOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!

jones

QuoteI almost always have some ridiculous song stuck in my head.  Most of the time it is a random song or something from an annoying commercial.  The song that is currently haunting me is from the McDonald's commercial that goes something like "Give me that filet of fish, give me that fish".  It just is on repeat and I can't make it stop.  I don't even eat at McDonald's.

as soon as i saw the title i was going to post the "filet of fish" song and then i read your post.   ;D

I dislike McDonalds and I dislike their marketing even more.  That is one annoying ditty.

jones

Starting this thread may have been a bad idea.  The mention of Roxette somehow triggered something in my brain to think of Ace Of Base.  Now I have a sort of mash playing like this: Filet Of Fish->She's Got The Look->I Saw The Sign.

Just awesome.  I am going to my car to get my iPod right now.  It's the only chance of a cure that I have...

:-/

mjkoehler

buwhahahahahahaha

Yeah, I couldn't get that damn war between Savage Garden and Roxette out of my head. Let me be clear, I am not a fan of either.

BH

Damn, I thought I finally found another Butthole Surfers fan.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI9D4q8pLuw[/media]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Tracy 3000

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

megalicious

mah mah mah mah
p-p-p-p-p-poker face
p-p-p-p-p-poker face
mah mah mah mah
p-p-p-p-p-poker face
p-p-p-p-p-poker face

you're welcome.
;D
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Penny Lane

Quotemah mah mah mah
p-p-p-p-p-poker face
p-p-p-p-p-poker face
mah mah mah mah
p-p-p-p-p-poker face
p-p-p-p-p-poker face

you're welcome.
;D

that was so uncalled for..  :P
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

AMightyCaporal

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

BH

My 5 year daughter played this about 317 times in row last week.

Hug a Pug.  Hug a Pug.  Make a Pug happy and Hug a Pug.

[media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYXioe5KOrM&feature=related[/media]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Taterbug

I can't stop whistling the theme song.  I must say... I can do it pretty friggin good if I  don't say so myself.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

el_chode

That never gets stuck in my head, it's just insulting at how fucking stupid that jingle is and how they think people like it.

I'm glad McDonalds is moving away from the ghetto advertising though. It started to seem way too patronizing.

With that said, I've had Joe Esposito's montage song from Karate Kid stuck in my head

you're the best!

around!
I'm surrounded by assholes

Penny Lane

That never gets stuck in my head, it's just insulting at how fucking stupid that jingle is and how they think people like it.

I'm glad McDonalds is moving away from the ghetto advertising though. It started to seem way too patronizing.

With that said, I've had Joe Esposito's montage song from Karate Kid stuck in my head

you're the best!

around!

that's not Elvis's old go to guy, is it?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

Losin Yo Head [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]  j/k

I always catch myself singing Milkshake randomly :-[
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

aMillionDreams

I had a Lady Gaga song stuck in my head the other day.  I don't know which one and I don't care to find out for fear that it will get stuck there again.  My third graders love Lady Gaga.

WFPK used to have a thing where they play an "Earworm", an annoying song that would get stuck in your head, at about 7:50 in the morning so everyone would be singing the same stupid song all day long.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ManNamedTruth

Quotemah mah mah mah
p-p-p-p-p-poker face
p-p-p-p-p-poker face
mah mah mah mah
p-p-p-p-p-poker face
p-p-p-p-p-poker face

you're welcome.
;D

I prefer Cartman's version. I really really can't stand her music.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNaegHyZqeU[/media]
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Clarkwork

Watching Shrek with my son made me have Eddie Murphy singing I'm a Believer in my head over and over.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....