Main Menu

Miami Heat

Started by Tracy_3000, Jul 26, 2010, 12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 3000

After a couple of weeks of digesting the Lebron debacle and infomercial, I have to say I hope the Heat go 0-82.

In fact, as much as I have always hated the Lakers (always) I have to say I would root for them over the Heat in the NBA Finals. That's a pretty big freaking deal for me, up there with rooting for Duke, the Cowboys, the Yankees, and Notre Dame.

Anyone?
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

Penny Lane

I think there are a lot of people agreeing w/you right now. (cept for BigChicken and Haldon..heh) They gave people a reason to root against them, not sure if that will push them harder or not...Turns my stomach.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

iLikeBeer

I'm right there with ya on that one Tracy.  

My new favorite team in the NBA is whoever is playing the Heat!  8-)

Jaimoe

Don't forget that Bosh went there too. He's almost as bad as LeBron, especially due to the fact that Bosh was the face of the Raptors and he's one of the best young players in the league at his position. I hope the Heat lose every game, but I felt that way last year and every year.

Hawkeye

I feel like I should be more mad at this than I am.  There are probably a few reasons why I'm not:

1)  I was never a Cavs fan, although I do live in Ohio now, so I don't feel "betrayed" by LeBron like a real Cavs fan would.  Although I can imagine what it would be like if Jordan jumped ship the way LeBron did.  I would HATE him.  I get it.
2)  I really, really like D-Wade.  Not so much his personality or "image" that it seems he's trying to create sometimes, but I love watching him play.  He's just flat-out good.  And tougher than you'd like to remember.  He gets beat on and knocked around and gets up and keeps going and still puts 40 on you.
3)  I don't see a problem with wanting to play with friends, although, in this case, it does seem the "easy way out."
4)  They should be fun to watch, provided you can put your hatred aside long enough.

I don't want to see them win it all though.  Right now though, I don't see who has the firepower to beat them besides the Lakers?  MAYBE the Celtics, Bulls, or Magic?  I'm sure I'm forgetting some others.  I really like OKC too.  They might be scary in a few years.
We could.

.Walt

QuoteDon't forget that Bosh went there too. He's almost as bad as LeBron, especially due to the fact that Bosh was the face of the Raptors and he's one of the best young players in the league at his position. I hope the Heat lose every game, but I felt that way last year and every year.

Bosh looks great on a bad team. David Lee could've done the same thing in Toronto.  Bosh is really good don't get me wrong, but he is no Lebron. And Bosh didn't take an hour of primetime tv, use kids as props, and make money off of it just to dick over his whole state and city in the process. Especially when Cleveland (the city) needed James the most. Toronto (the city) will be just fine with or without Bosh. You really thought Bosh was staying? Come on Jaimoe, you had to know he was as good as gone. But since Bosh was involved with the collusion he is no better than James that's for sure.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Tracy 3000

As if pro sports wasn't enough of a spectacle

0-82 is all I can hope for

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BqUBYaHlM[/media]
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

TheBigChicken

You Ohio fuckers quit bitching...enough  already...he's gone....your pro teams are such...........LOSERS.....only YOU could have given the Braves their ONLY World Series....and lets NEVER forget "the drive"....I dont care anymore ...I've never heard MORE whining from a collective group in my entire fucking life....the Indians SUCK...the CAVS SUCK ....and the Clowns are SHITTY....heres praying that the pitiful Buccaneers(who I hate and think SUCK as well)kick the SHIT out of you on the first game of the season.....just SHUT THE FUCK UP !  
ps FUCK THE HEAT AND KING SHITTY !!!!!!!!! >:(
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Jaimoe

QuoteDon't forget that Bosh went there too. He's almost as bad as LeBron, especially due to the fact that Bosh was the face of the Raptors and he's one of the best young players in the league at his position. I hope the Heat lose every game, but I felt that way last year and every year.

Bosh looks great on a bad team. David Lee could've done the same thing in Toronto.  Bosh is really good don't get me wrong, but he is no Lebron. And Bosh didn't take an hour of primetime tv, use kids as props, and make money off of it just to dick over his whole state and city in the process. Especially when Cleveland (the city) needed James the most. Toronto (the city) will be just fine with or without Bosh. You really thought Bosh was staying? Come on Jaimoe, you had to know he was as good as gone. But since Bosh was involved with the collusion he is no better than James that's for sure.

Walts, on this, you are wrong. Bosh isn't LeBron or Wade, but he's close. Lee isn't a good defender away from the basket and he's slow, nor can he score like Bosh. Lee is just a good player on a terrible team. Bosh raises a decent team to a playoff worthy one, but they no doubt underachieved last year (rumours that Bosh packed it in during the stretch). Of course GM Bryan Colangelo has bungled signing prime core players to play with Bosh (Shaun Marion, TJ Ford and Turkoglu all sucked with the Raptors). Colangelo has also made some questionable draft picks. This year, the Raps will be lucky to win 30.

No, I didn't really think Bosh was honest in saying that he wanted to stay - but I do know he loves the city of Toronto. If Bosh was honest with management, they could have dealt him last season before the deadline. At least they got picks back from the Heat. It's going to be a long season.  

.Walt

Walts, on this, you are wrong. Bosh isn't LeBron or Wade, but he's close. Lee isn't a good defender away from the basket and he's slow, nor can he score like Bosh. Lee is just a good player on a terrible team. Bosh raises a decent team to a playoff worthy one, but they no doubt underachieved last year (rumours that Bosh packed it in during the stretch). Of course GM Bryan Colangelo has bungled signing prime core players to play with Bosh (Shaun Marion, TJ Ford and Turkoglu all sucked with the Raptors). Colangelo has also made some questionable draft picks. This year, the Raps will be lucky to win 30.

No, I didn't really think Bosh was honest in saying that he wanted to stay - but I do know he loves the city of Toronto. If Bosh was honest with management, they could have dealt him last season before the deadline. At least they got picks back from the Heat. It's going to be a long season.  

You're right about Lee, kind of a bad example. But what I'm saying is that Lee is closer to Bosh than Bosh is to LBJ. LBJ is the best player in the league, two MVP's in a row show that. But he's not a winner, like Kobe. And what LBJ did to the city of Cleveland is way worse than what Bosh did to Toronto. Mentally and financially. I feel for you guys, and I don't think Bosh's hands are clean on this matter, but the way James did it and to who he did it to is on a different smamry level.

capt. scotty

Im actually surprised Bosh stayed in Toronto as long as he did. If I were a Raptors fan, it would be hard to blame him for leaving. Best comparison I can think of for Bosh would be a couple notches below a prime Garnett. Bosh is good, but he's Top 12-15 in the NBA good. Dywane and Lebron are Top 3, generation defining good.

I kind of like the Heat and kind of hate them. Id love to see LA-MIA finals.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

QuoteIm actually surprised Bosh stayed in Toronto as long as he did. If I were a Raptors fan, it would be hard to blame him for leaving. Best comparison I can think of for Bosh would be a couple notches below a prime Garnett. Bosh is good, but he's Top 12-15 in the NBA good. Dywane and Lebron are Top 3, generation defining good.

There's a number of reasons why Bosh stayed for as long as he did: he believed in the team and both GMs during his years and their plans to build a team to compliment his talents (they failed due to poor drafts and signing even poorer high price free agents); the Raptors, at least on paper, are a playoff team with Bosh as the go-to guy; he made max money; and Bosh sincerely loves the city of Toronto.

We'll see how Bosh fits in in Miami. But he's Top 6-10 good in the NBA, but he's not in his prime yet... and he'll never be a LeBron or Wade leader.

.Walt

QuoteIm actually surprised Bosh stayed in Toronto as long as he did. If I were a Raptors fan, it would be hard to blame him for leaving. Best comparison I can think of for Bosh would be a couple notches below a prime Garnett. Bosh is good, but he's Top 12-15 in the NBA good. Dywane and Lebron are Top 3, generation defining good.

There's a number of reasons why Bosh stayed for as long as he did: he believed in the team and both GMs during his years and their plans to build a team to compliment his talents (they failed due to poor drafts and signing even poorer high price free agents); the Raptors, at least on paper, are a playoff team with Bosh as the go-to guy; he made max money; and Bosh sincerely loves the city of Toronto.

We'll see how Bosh fits in in Miami. But he's Top 6-10 good in the NBA, but he's not in his prime yet... and he'll never be a LeBron or Wade leader.

I've never met a player who is making max money, on his first team, and still playing on the team say that they hated the city. KG said the same thing while in Minnesota, and now he said that he wished he would've left years before he did. Even though while he lived here, got paid max here, and was still playing here he said he loved the Twin Cities. It's all PR. Trust me, if he loved it in Toronto he would've stayed. He knows that he still had many more years left and could've tried to make it work. Vince Carter said the same thing.

Jaimoe

I've never met a player who is making max money, on his first team, and still playing on the team say that they hated the city. KG said the same thing while in Minnesota, and now he said that he wished he would've left years before he did. Even though while he lived here, got paid max here, and was still playing here he said he loved the Twin Cities. It's all PR. Trust me, if he loved it in Toronto he would've stayed. He knows that he still had many more years left and could've tried to make it work. Vince Carter said the same thing.

Bosh ain't Wince. There may not be a bigger phoney than that mama's boy. Bosh leaving had a lot to do with ill-advised signings and drafts under Colangelo's watch. Still, the lure of playing on a loaded team is hard to pass up.

.Walt

Bosh ain't Wince. There may not be a bigger phoney than that mama's boy. Bosh leaving had a lot to do with ill-advised signings and drafts under Colangelo's watch. Still, the lure of playing on a loaded team is hard to pass up.

True. Sorry about saying Vince Carter. I love how you guys still hate him. I wouldn't want to come back to Canada if I were him, that's for sure. Canadian fans are some of the craziest and ruthless.

Ruckus

This thread is hot garbage. ;D

Hmmm, I get to work with my best friends, win, have fun, make as much money, and have access to a much larger pool of much more attractive women.

Name one dude that wouldn't take that job.

EDIT:  That said, I'm a Laker fan and I hope they fail though that is one final I would want to see.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

QuoteThis thread is hot garbage. ;D

Hmmm, I get to work with my best friends, win, have fun, make as much money, and have access to a much larger pool of much more attractive women.

EDIT:  That said, I'm a Laker fan and I hope they fail though that is one final I would want to see.

It's not so much that LBJ left, he can do that. It's the way he did it. The kids, man. It's about the kids! But seriously, zero class.

Ruckus

It's not so much that LBJ left, he can do that. It's the way he did it. The kids, man. It's about the kids! But seriously, zero class.

I thoroughly agree with that Walts.  He's a complete jackass the way he did it but I had a low opinion of him the person well before this anyways.  It's gonna be fun because they have surpassed the Lakers as the team that people either HATE or LOVE.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

I thoroughly agree with that Walts.  He's a complete jackass the way he did it but I had a low opinion of him the person well before this anyways.  It's gonna be fun because they have surpassed the Lakers as the team that people either HATE or LOVE.

Ruckus, are you originally from like Montana or something? Your sports teams are all over the map.

Jaimoe

True. Sorry about saying Vince Carter. I love how you guys still hate him. I wouldn't want to come back to Canada if I were him, that's for sure. Canadian fans are some of the craziest and ruthless.

I hate Wince as much as A-Roid. I think were're occassionally ruthless, but reserved ruthless... unless someone gets us really fucking riled, such as that fucking quitter, Wince.