Just Ask Sticky

Started by talleshortz, Apr 30, 2010, 02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcdub

QuoteI don't wear hats because I'm afraid it will make me go bald. You gotta wash everything though, you don't know where that crap is coming from! Doesn't it freak you out to think your socks might have a parasite from Indonesia crawling around there? I can't stand new clothes smell either, not that it applies to socks. Everything fresh out of the store smells funny and is stiff and scratchy. You have to prewash, especially underwear

Indonesian underwear bugs? fuck.  Another thing to add to my list of fears.  Has there been any documented cases of serious injury from an Indonesian underwear bug?  dust mites can suck it, if I could see them I'd totally squash them.
I don't know if there have been any documented cases, but you certainly don't want to be the first, do you? Indonesian underwear bug is better than alien underwear bug. I think I'm in the wrong thread now
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

capt. scotty

What is the best frozen dessert? Ice cream, Italian Ice, Popsicles, Choco Tacos, etc.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteWhat is the best frozen dessert? Ice cream, Italian Ice, Popsicles, Choco Tacos, etc.

#1 being best:
1.) Choco Taco
2.) Italian Ice
3.) Ice Cream
4.) Popsicle (unless a hot girl is sucking on it).

capt. scotty

QuoteWhat is the best frozen dessert? Ice cream, Italian Ice, Popsicles, Choco Tacos, etc.

#1 being best:
1.) Choco Taco
2.) Italian Ice
3.) Ice Cream
4.) Popsicle (unless a hot girl is sucking on it).

You are wise my man. I too would put Italian Ice > Ice Cream, but I dont think most would. Choco Tacos are just the bomb.

I wasnt restricting to just those 4 things though. Are Choco Tacos still the best, period?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI don't wear hats because I'm afraid it will make me go bald. You gotta wash everything though, you don't know where that crap is coming from! Doesn't it freak you out to think your socks might have a parasite from Indonesia crawling around there? I can't stand new clothes smell either, not that it applies to socks. Everything fresh out of the store smells funny and is stiff and scratchy. You have to prewash, especially underwear

Indonesian underwear bugs? fuck.  Another thing to add to my list of fears.  Has there been any documented cases of serious injury from an Indonesian underwear bug?  dust mites can suck it, if I could see them I'd totally squash them.
I don't know if there have been any documented cases, but you certainly don't want to be the first, do you? Indonesian underwear bug is better than alien underwear bug. I think I'm in the wrong thread now

like dude... there is no "wrong" thread.  we are all one thread.  this board is one gigantic topic.  mind blow yet?

mjkoehler

I'll take this one Sticky. One thing I know, it's my frozen desserts.

I don't give a fuck what anyone says, this shit will make you jizz and shat yourself it's so good. Yes, you are coming and going at the same time. Frozen Custard = OMFG goodness.

Gelato is pretty fucking good also.

If you ever make it to the Lou, a trip to Drewes is a must. I'm partial to the Big Apple (slice of apple pie crushed/blended into vanilla custard). They also do one with a slice of Blueberry and Pumpkin pie. The Crater Copernicus is so rich, it bitch slaps Warren Buffets old ass into the food stamp line.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

to those of you who think squirrels are simply rats with bushy tails, read this:

QuoteScienceDaily (June 2, 2010) — Those neighbourhood squirrels you often see fighting over food may not seem altruistic, but new University of Guelph research has found that the critters will actually take in orphaned relatives.

The study by Guelph Prof. Andrew McAdam, along with researchers from the University of Alberta and McGill University, revealed that red squirrels will adopt pups that have lost their mother.

It's a significant finding because while such adoptions are typical among species that live in extended family groups, it's much less common among asocial animals, such as squirrels.

"Social animals, including lions and chimpanzees, are often surrounded by relatives, so it's not surprising that a female would adopt an orphaned family member because they have already spent a lot of time together," said McAdam, an evolutionary biologist. "But red squirrels live in complete isolation and are very territorial. The only time they will allow another squirrel on their territory is the one day a year when the females are ready to mate or when they are nursing their pups."

But the study, published in Nature Communications, also found that squirrels have their altruistic limits. They will adopt only if the orphans are related, and even then it's a rare occurrence.

Over two decades, the research team has come across only five cases of adoption.

"That's five cases out of the thousands of litters that have been born since the project began," said McAdam. "Adoption does happen, but it's rare."

Jamie Gorrell, a PhD candidate at the University of Alberta, identified 34 cases of potential adoption over 20 years. An adoption is possible only if the mother dies and a nearby squirrel is also nursing.

"We discovered relatedness plays a critical role in whether a neighbouring squirrel will adopt or not," said McAdam.

In all five adoption scenarios, the pups were nieces, nephews, siblings or grandchildren to the adoptive mother.

"From an evolutionary perspective, the phenomenon of adoption raises the question of why an animal would adopt in the first place given that it jeopardizes the survival of their own offspring," said McAdam. "Under the right conditions, an animal can propagate more copies of its genes by helping relatives to raise their offspring than by producing offspring of their own. So in some cases it might be a good bet to adopt and accept these costs."

By examining the breeding records of thousands of squirrels over the past 20 years, McAdam was able to calculate the costs of adoption.

"What we found was that squirrels will only adopt an orphaned pup when the costs of adoption are low and when the orphans carry a large percentage of the same genes such as siblings, nieces or nephews rather than more distant relatives."

What's also remarkable is that squirrels are able to assess which pups are related or not, he added.

As squirrels rarely interact, they learn who their nearby relatives are by hearing their unique calls, he said. If they fail to hear a relative's calls for a few days, they may investigate.

"We suspect that, if they find pups on the territory, they remember that their neighbour was a relative and carry the pups back to their nest. This would be quite intelligent behaviour for a squirrel."

The study was part of a long-term field experiment in Yukon aimed at investigating the importance of food abundance to the ecology and evolution of red squirrels. Under the Kluane Red Squirrel Project (http://www.redsquirrel.ca) begun in 1987, scientists have monitored behaviour and reproduction of about 7,000 squirrels.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/06/100601114631.htm

TEO

When your Son and his gurlfriend break up is it improper FB etiquette to press the "like" button on each and then delete her?
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Penny Lane

QuoteWhen your Son and his gurlfriend break up is it improper FB etiquette to press the "like" button on each and then delete her?

What if they get back together? ...

(but yes, of COURSE it is and you should, i'm sure that's what Sticky would say)..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteWhen your Son and his gurlfriend break up is it improper FB etiquette to press the "like" button on each and then delete her?

What if they get back together? ...

(but yes, of COURSE it is and you should, i'm sure that's what Sticky would say)..

I'd say delete her but I wouldn't have been friends with her in the first place just out of respect for my sons privacy.  how old is your son/his ex?

oh penny you think you've got me pinned don't you?  muahaha.  even a simple question about deleting your sons girlfriend from your facebook has multiple layers of complexity to it.  I do agree with ya tho penny.  Delete that shit TEO and delete it real good.  

.Walt

Sticky do you know who this is?

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteSticky do you know who this is?

shit son, that's young E. ahahaha

Dodobird

Dear Sticky,

I didn't realize you were such a wealth of knowledge until I found this thread. So with that I am curious to get you expert opinion on mushrooms.
1. Have you done them before?
2. What is the right amount to take? Have you ever had a bad trip?
3. Best place and time to try them?
4. Describe your best experience.
5. How would you explain it to a first timer?
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteDear Sticky,

I didn't realize you were such a wealth of knowledge until I found this thread. So with that I am curious to get you expert opinion on mushrooms.

1.) yes, I've done them a bunch.
2.) depends on what type of person you are and how intense you want it.  usually an 3grams to an 8th is a good time.  not that different from like 2.5grams, but the visual hallucinations are usually clearer. again all depends on the person/enivornment.  Yes  I've had two bad trips on mushrooms.  the 1st time I ate them was the scariest but that's only because my friend melted and my other friend turned to stone.  plus I puked like twice.  They were really intense shrooms my friend the mycologist grew tho so word.  plus we ate some at the beginning and then ate more like an hour in.  big mistake.  
3.)  The woods, The Beach, Your house with a friend or two.  Any place that is comfortable and beautiful.  Good music is a must to help set the right mood.  Good music like the talking heads has pulled me out of a bad trip before.
4.)  I was up north at my cabin with 3 of my best friends.  we were outside, Bjork's "All Is Full Of Love" song was playing (the video version).  The stars started falling like fireworks and the sky turned into an almost time lapse type visual experience.  I turned to my friend and said "if there is a reason for living, it's this.." and then we paused for a second and laughed hysterically.
5.)  It's like being really confused, really really confused sometimes.  the beginning of the trip is like being underwater and then once you pass the threshold you burst into the experience.  the experience itself is generally euphoric and amazing.  like a waking dream.  sometimes you feel literally insane.  

I could go on more but I'm at work and don't want to get fired.

capt. scotty

definitely gotta get out in nature with plenty of tunes. stars are amazing, even moreso on L.

Dodobird

QuoteDear Sticky,

1.) yes, I've done them a bunch.
2.) depends on what type of person you are and how intense you want it.  usually an 3grams to an 8th is a good time.  not that different from like 2.5grams, but the visual hallucinations are usually clearer. again all depends on the person/enivornment.  Yes  I've had two bad trips on mushrooms.  the 1st time I ate them was the scariest but that's only because my friend melted and my other friend turned to stone.  plus I puked like twice.  They were really intense shrooms my friend the mycologist grew tho so word.  plus we ate some at the beginning and then ate more like an hour in.  big mistake.  
3.)  The woods, The Beach, Your house with a friend or two.  Any place that is comfortable and beautiful.  Good music is a must to help set the right mood.  Good music like the talking heads has pulled me out of a bad trip before.
4.)  I was up north at my cabin with 3 of my best friends.  we were outside, Bjork's "All Is Full Of Love" song was playing (the video version).  The stars started falling like fireworks and the sky turned into an almost time lapse type visual experience.  I turned to my friend and said "if there is a reason for living, it's this.." and then we paused for a second and laughed hysterically.
5.)  It's like being really confused, really really confused sometimes.  the beginning of the trip is like being underwater and then once you pass the threshold you burst into the experience.  the experience itself is generally euphoric and amazing.  like a waking dream.  sometimes you feel literally insane.  

I could go on more but I'm at work and don't want to get fired.

Thanks Sticky. Good stuff! I have done them before but really just wanted to see your response. You do know your shit! The last time I did them I only did a half an 8th and I had a good time but it wasn't too crazy. Just felt warm and fuzzy all over. Not too much visuals though. You prob need to do a full 1/8 to get the full effects?? It would prob be fun to do them on July 4th!!!  :D  I am headed to the beach for the weekend!
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Dosage all depends on the strength/type of the shrooms.  I'm talking dried mushrooms also I should point out.  From the things I've read and experience, 5-7grams can get a little too intense.  Complete ego loss, etc.  More of that mystical experienced, tho sometimes extremely scary.  Once my friend was walking around ann arbor and then everybody turned into zombies.  He said people were walking up to their windows in their different apartments all looking down at him.  Once he got back to his place he said "so this is it isn't it?" he thought he was dead and his apartment was purgatory.  He started eating his mail and took a shower with his clothes on.  Hilarious to me, scary as fuck to him.  

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quotedefinitely gotta get out in nature with plenty of tunes. stars are amazing, even moreso on L.

acid freaks me out.  most synthetics do.  all this psychedelic talk is making me want to trip the f out.  

jones

Sticky,

Do you plan to attend the The First International Cannabis Convention in Pontiac?

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100728/METRO02/7280344/Pontiac-cops-leery-of-Silverdome-pot-convention

Regards,

flyguy

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteSticky,

Do you plan to attend the The First International Cannabis Convention in Pontiac?

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100728/METRO02/7280344/Pontiac-cops-leery-of-Silverdome-pot-convention

Regards,

flyguy

hmm I should, the silverdome is like 10-15minutes from my house.  It's pretty hilarious that guy is mowing the parking lot.  It sounds too sketchy to me.  There was a dispensary a few blocks away from the Silverdome (on Saginaw St.) that just got a citation from the police and had to move from Pontiac to Waterford.  Westland just banned store front dispensaries.  The law was passed over a year ago I think and cops still do not have any idea how to interpret it or enforce it.  

The phone call to police would be hilarious if you were a pot shop and got robbed.  "umm. hello? police? somebody stole all my weed".  Then they have to write up a report about it.  hahaha I bet it pisses them off so much.  LEGALIZE IT, but fuck getting together with pot activists that shit is like shooting fish in a barrel for police.   fuck the police.