Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons

Started by Tracy_3000, Aug 14, 2010, 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 3000

Yo, I'll be in Yellowstone in a couple of weeks. Anything I should see off the beaten path? Any longer hikes off the beaten path?

thanks
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

The DARK

Ah, a beautiful part of the country you have chosen, Tracy. Having climbed the Grand Teton myself, I have to say that any trip up in the Tetons is more than worth it. There aren't many day hikes, but organizing an overnighter is well worth it. There was one relatively fun morning hike at Yellowstone that I remember: Bunsen Peak, up by Mammoth Hot Springs. Not crowded at all. And if you get up before the tourists take it over, Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone at dawn and in the early morning is just gorgeous.

Enjoy yourself, and watch for bears!  8-)
In another time, in another place, in another face

TheBigChicken

Wow Tracy...what FUN !...you could always channel Ansel Adams.... ;)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ynwa

the one & only time i was out there was on my family's summer camping trip "out west".  i was 6 and 3/4 and only remember little bits here & there but i still rank this as my favorite vacation ever & i'm 34 and 3/4 now.  i know this doesn't help you with your planning, but i know that no matter what you do or where you go while you're there - it will be magnificent!!!
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss